[1.0.6] 1H shield infernal blow marauder/duelist with video by boxsalesman ( immortal build )

IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

is this build viable in HC??
"
SpectroRush wrote:
Have you thought about using Daresso's Courage?

I'm going to throw this out there again, since I just looted it with my main, and would like to know your thoughts about it for this build.

Obviously not better than Aurora, but should one use it before getting Aurora?
Ign: Ansoja
Last edited by Noose on Nov 12, 2013, 12:22:31 PM
"
Noose wrote:
"
SpectroRush wrote:
Have you thought about using Daresso's Courage?

I'm going to throw this out there again, since I just looted it with my main, and would like to know your thoughts about it for this build.

Obviously not better than Aurora, but should one use it before getting Aurora?

It is probably the best choice when you can't afford aegis yet, that's true

Last edited by magier556 on Nov 12, 2013, 1:06:28 PM
So now with the nerf to Cast on Damage Taken, what should we do with the build to adapt to this new change?
oops didn't see you asked the same question :)
Last edited by jiujitsu2013 on Nov 13, 2013, 12:16:38 AM
"
rasti111 wrote:
is this build viable in HC??

im lvl 68 in nemesis with this build and im doing great! However with the change to "cast when dmg taken" i have to figure out either how to make this work well or find something to replace it.
"
Keokilol wrote:
So now with the nerf to Cast on Damage Taken, what should we do with the build to adapt to this new change?
I personally am going to run a low level enduring cry with CoDT (I think lvl 5 enduring cry is the highest you can take it an still run it off of lvl 1 CoDT) and molten shell. Then take my high level enduring cry, put it off on its own, and manually cast it at the start of a large fight.

I can't afk tank 3-4 enemies like I could before (simply because it takes too long to build up the endurance charges via CoDT and the lack of higher level molten shell), but the only difference really is I have to hit enduring cry at the beginning of each large fight, then let CoDT refresh it throughout the fight for me (as well as get Molten Shell up and running for a little bit of extra defense).

I feel this build is still very viable, just manually cast Enduring Cry (one not linked to CoDT) to start a fight and let CoDT sustain it as the fight goes on, the only thing you really lose with the CoDT nerf is a high level molten shell (which is base armor but not nearly as important as your endurance charges). Overall, yes, this build is less tanky now, but some gameplay changes can close the gap and while it is still less tanky with those gameplay changes, it is still a very tanky build with high health and lots of endurance charges and resist.

That being said, is Soul Taker really worth it if you can get mana leech on gear? I found a bad ass mace, higher pDPS than soul taker (by about 30...works out to around 15% higher dps, this is on Domination, so no legacy Soul Taker), and with 2% mana leech on gear I just don't think losing that base pDPS is worth the infinite mana....my dps is high enough right now that I only need 2 targets to sustain infinite mana with infernal blow (only 4-linked so far though), and heavy strike has no problem building up mana if I get too low.

Here's the mace BTW:

~IGN: Nagisan
Last edited by Nagisan on Nov 13, 2013, 12:23:32 AM
could this build be used with lightning strike or is it only effective with physical/fire damage?
"
RothVantage wrote:
could this build be used with lightning strike or is it only effective with physical/fire damage?

I guess it could be used for lightning strike , but infernal blow is amazing though :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info