[1.0.6] 1H shield infernal blow marauder/duelist with video by boxsalesman ( immortal build )

"
baovnn wrote:
"
magier556 wrote:
"
baovnn wrote:
Can you help me build user Chater UP sword lv 80 + + thank you

I don't understand this question sorry , if you want a sword build , there's one in the thread?

I want you to show me the full copy pasive skill lv 80 + +
How do you see that supports your 2 spells: Monster shiell + Encry <- buff your self when it all <- you can help me do the same

You get "cast on damage taken" as a quest reward from Merciless Library.

It's also unlikely you'll need to plan more than 100 points (level 80). If you do, just grab some nodes nearby or find a good area to travel to that isn't too far. You could think about more block nodes, more armor from marauder start, or going up further into witch/Templar for the nice HP/chaos res nodes. Or find more dmg nodes.
Last edited by Nonethewiser on Nov 6, 2013, 10:31:02 AM
Do you think a 2H version of this build is viable? I think it would clear merciless easy enough with good gear, but maps may become an issue.

I will probably make an alt along these lines, as I love infernal blow, but really want to smash things with a 2H mace haha. What are your thoughts? Take more life in place of the block nodes? Any other way to offset the loss of shield defense and block %?

Cheers to you sir, nice guide!
"
Halezor wrote:
Do you think a 2H version of this build is viable? I think it would clear merciless easy enough with good gear, but maps may become an issue.

I will probably make an alt along these lines, as I love infernal blow, but really want to smash things with a 2H mace haha. What are your thoughts? Take more life in place of the block nodes? Any other way to offset the loss of shield defense and block %?

Cheers to you sir, nice guide!

There won't be any way to get as tanky , because the aegis aurora spell block synergy is just amazing. It would probably be a better build for farming piety or lower maps , but you won't be able to solo every single map-roll combination.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

what would you think of increasing your ES pool now that you have Aegis? There is a lot of potential for some pretty amazing ES regen. Not worth the hit to your armor pool to drop some of it for ES? as in, so much more dmg would be leaking in with diminished armor that the benefits of ES regen would be slim?
"
poppawheelie wrote:
what would you think of increasing your ES pool now that you have Aegis? There is a lot of potential for some pretty amazing ES regen. Not worth the hit to your armor pool to drop some of it for ES? as in, so much more dmg would be leaking in with diminished armor that the benefits of ES regen would be slim?

I'm already only recovering about 200 ES while I have 680 ES currently , the ES only serves as a buffer really, I don't think you ever need more than the amount you recover from blocking 2-3 times, and the aegis aurora will do it's job with less also , just make sure you always have enough ES to get the full recovery from one block.

Can you help me improve UP lvl 90 skill (1h + Shiel Sword build ) thank you
Last edited by baovnn on Nov 7, 2013, 6:12:02 AM
Hey box, 90% sure this will be my new build.

Curious though, you said reflect could be an issue. Is that ever the case anymore now that you have your aura? I was a bit confused by the first post.

Furthermore, for hardcore what do you think would be more beneficial build in terms of weapons? Axe obviously would be more base damage, but you only get armor nodes through the passive. With maces you get hp, but you end up taking some meh nodes to get to it (bloodless), and swords seems like it'd be the best option due to hp damage nodes. Curious as to thoughts on this..

Also, can someone please explain why unwavering stance is good? I just don't see being a guaranteed hit on yourself outweighing being stunned.
Last edited by kallell on Nov 7, 2013, 12:30:22 PM
"
kallell wrote:
Hey box, 90% sure this will be my new build.

Curious though, you said reflect could be an issue. Is that ever the case anymore now that you have your aura? I was a bit confused by the first post.

Furthermore, for hardcore what do you think would be more beneficial build in terms of weapons? Axe obviously would be more base damage, but you only get armor nodes through the passive. With maces you get hp, but you end up taking some meh nodes to get to it (bloodless), and swords seems like it'd be the best option due to hp damage nodes. Curious as to thoughts on this..

Also, can someone please explain why unwavering stance is good? I just don't see being a guaranteed hit on yourself outweighing being stunned.

Crematorium and temple map boss will eventually kill you if you're not stun immume , if you get stunned in a lighting/fire storm , you die. I made this build with never dying in mind, as even though I play domination I still try to never die.

you said you are running tempest shield now? Is that with clarity as well? I am doing a similar build right now running tempest/clarity and wondering if I really should be moving towards something else....

can you elaborate more on reflect/lightning thorns mechanics? Is the initial hit reflected, as well as the explosions, or just the hit? I just cleared through act1 normal and had multiple oh crap instances with the shield chargers/lightning thorns in battlefront from my explosions and was confused about where all the damage was coming from against me.

How much would this build benefit from being able to run double strike?

Found a nice pair of rainbowstrides. Was going to sell, reconsidering now. Would still be a while until I can get an aegis.
Last edited by Nonethewiser on Nov 8, 2013, 4:13:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info