Minion Instability and fire/burning damage

So... Just to make sure b4 I spend any points in them... Does the Immolation and Fire Walker passives do anyhting to up the Minion Instability damage??

Thanks in advance!!

(>^~^)>
(>^~^)>=}==> Sword Kirby <=={=<(^~^<)
No, it will not. Immolation and Fire Walker only increases YOUR fire damage, not your minions' explosion. So, only some of the support gems (minion life, etc..) linked to your minion gem will increase the explosions damage.
Minion Instability + Necromantic Aegis + shield %spell damage = work?
"
paulogothic wrote:
No.
"
paulogothic wrote:

Spell dmg will not inc. MI from what I have read here but it should up any spell casting Spec spell dmg. +fire dmg should up MI's dmg if that is what your asking. Also +life will inc minion life and there for MI's base dmg.

There are shields with +%fire/Ice/Lighting dmg on them.
Elder Wand Power!
The only stat on shields which would boost MI with NA is Base Max Life. There's stuff which increases spell damage which would be good for spectres, but MI isn't considered a spell. None of the unique shields look particularly good for MI either.

Rathpith Globe is probably the most interesting option. Minions get 10% inc. maximum Life. This gives 607 life instead of 240 from a shield (L20 zombies with all life passives and life support.) The best part of Rathpith Globe is is spell damage for spectres though, and having spell block and ES on minions is nice.
Brutus. Do you even sync?
How about Raise Zombie supported by Minion Damage + Remote Mine + Increased Burning Damage + Chance to Ignite + Concentrated Effect?

Let's assume a perfect case scenario: all gems are fully leveled (and full quality where relevant) and linked in a 6L staff with +1 to all gems, +2 to fire gems. Aside from the staff, player wears a perfect life/damage roll Sidhebreath, has all the minion damage passives and a total of +60% in minion life passives.

Base zombie life: 7001.
Zombie damage increase: 243%.
Zombie life increase: 95%.
Further damage increase multipliers: 60% from q20% Remote Mine, 70% from Concentrated Effect, and 29% from lv21 Raise Zombie.
Burn damage increase is 62%, burn duration is 4.8 seconds.
Total zombie life to be used for explosion: 4551.
4551 * 3.43 * 1.6 * 1.7 * 1.29 = 54772 burst damage from Minion Instability explosion. Burn damage does 54772 / 3 * 1.62 = 29577 dps to a full burn of 141970; coupled with the initial burst damage we get 196742 fire damage before resistances/buffs/debuffs. That should be correct, almost two hundred thousand in essentially a single hit.

This much burn damage from a single dead zombie will literally melt any single map boss down even without any shocks and crits. The chance to ignite with this setup is 55% (69% if we use Flammability), assuming MI can't crit (can it?), so we can safely assume that every second dead zombie will devastate everything in its blast radius.

The problem is actually making zombies die sooner, as it takes something like 9k damage to trigger MI, which will take a while to inflict. Lowering their life directly will decrease MI damage, however. Any ideas how to help that?
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Last edited by moozooh on May 14, 2013, 5:40:13 AM
Even thou Mark spelled it out for us there still seems to be a lot of confusion. I'll try to summarize

What affects MI

nodes
- minion damage
- minion health
- Elemental Equilibrium (indirect buff, -50% to fire resist)
- Necro Aegis (+life, +fire damage, +damage)

support gems
* treat MI explosion as an area skill
- Minion Damage
- Minion Life
- Fire penetration
- concentrated effect
- increased area of affect
- chance to ignite
- elemental proliferation
- increased burning damage
- remote mine (maybe)
- All of the added damage (chaos, light, fire, cold)

others
- shock stacks (up to 120% more mi damage)
- flammability
- Elemental weakness
- vulnerability (indirect, burning damage)
- temporal chains (indirect, burning damage)

Tips to increase the effectiveness of MI explosion:

link: Elemental Proliferation, Chance to Ignite, Raise Zombie
Now the explosion will linger as a AOE circle that burns for 4/3 of the initial explosion further enhanced by other multipliers.

Hope this helps.

Source: I main summoner through CB and OB. And asked Mark all of these questions in the past.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
moozooh wrote:
How about Raise Zombie supported by Minion Damage + Remote Mine + Increased Burning Damage + Chance to Ignite + Concentrated Effect?

Let's assume a perfect case scenario: all gems are fully leveled (and full quality where relevant) and linked in a 6L staff with +1 to all gems, +2 to fire gems. Aside from the staff, player wears a perfect life/damage roll Sidhebreath, has all the minion damage passives and a total of +60% in minion life passives.

Base zombie life: 7001.
Zombie damage increase: 243%.
Zombie life increase: 95%.
Further damage increase multipliers: 60% from q20% Remote Mine, 70% from Concentrated Effect, and 29% from lv21 Raise Zombie.
Burn damage increase is 62%, burn duration is 4.8 seconds.
Total zombie life to be used for explosion: 6068.
4551 * 3.43 * 1.6 * 1.7 * 1.29 = 54772 burst damage from Minion Instability explosion. Burn damage does 54772 / 3 * 1.62 = 29577 dps to a full burn of 141970; coupled with the initial burst damage we get 196742 fire damage before resistances/buffs/debuffs. That should be correct, almost two hundred thousand in essentially a single hit.

This much burn damage from a single dead zombie will literally melt any single map boss down even without any shocks and crits. The chance to ignite with this setup is 55% (69% if we use Flammability), assuming MI can't crit (can it?), so we can safely assume that every second dead zombie will devastate everything in its blast radius.

The problem is actually making zombies die sooner, as it takes something like 9k damage to trigger MI, which will take a while to inflict. Lowering their life directly will decrease MI damage, however. Any ideas how to help that?

haha sounds like the perfect place for a build enabling unique shield + necro aegis.

unique shield:
increases max hp by 20% (or 8% or w/e works for some sort of balance)
shield wielder takes 40% more damage
15% increased chance to ignite with fire damage
necrotic aegis
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on May 13, 2013, 5:45:32 PM
Good idea actually. It would make for a very interesting build; basically the summoner version of Explosive Arrow in terms of damage output. I hope someone somewhere (Laz?) is taking notes. :)
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info