Minion Instability and fire/burning damage

So, just to verify. Does this means that to maximise damage of MI, you can boost fire damage and spell AOE?
"
Shinteo wrote:
So, just to verify. Does this means that to maximise damage of MI, you can boost fire damage and spell AOE?
No. For one, spell damage has no effect because it's not a spell.
For two, you need your minions you have stats to increase the damage, not you. You can stack fire damage increases until you're blue in the face and you'll deal lots of fire damage, but you minions won't.

If you can stack fire damage bonuses on your minions, that will increase the damage they deal when they explode.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
OnmyojiOmn wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:
Does the minion damage support gem augment the minion instability explosion?

Yep. Melee Physical Damage and Melee Damage on Full Life, too.
The explosions is not melee damage and is not affected by melee damage modifiers.
It is affected by your minion damage, and any bonuses to fire, elemental, or area damage your minions have.

Sigh. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Shinteo wrote:
No. For one, spell damage has no effect because it's not a spell.
For two, you need your minions you have stats to increase the damage, not you. You can stack fire damage increases until you're blue in the face and you'll deal lots of fire damage, but you minions won't.

If you can stack fire damage bonuses on your minions, that will increase the damage they deal when they explode.

Okay that makes sense, but what are our options for this? Would an aura be the only way to achieve this? Would doing something like equipping a support fire penetration/dmg gem on your minions increase their fire damage?

Thanks, and while I understand the way the mechanic works it is rather confusing. Honestly, just to make things easier to understand, minions should work with our stats, not just theirs. But hey thats just my 2 cents.
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
"
robproctor83 wrote:
Okay that makes sense, but what are our options for this? Would an aura be the only way to achieve this?
Support gems and stats on shields with Necromanctic Aegis.
"
robproctor83 wrote:
Would doing something like equipping a support fire penetration/dmg gem on your minions increase their fire damage?
Yes.

"
robproctor83 wrote:
Thanks, and while I understand the way the mechanic works it is rather confusing. Honestly, just to make things easier to understand, minions should work with our stats, not just theirs.
This would a) make much less sense, and be less intuitive to many people, and b) require a ground-up rewrite of how stats work in the game to be remotely feasible. You have stats. Minions, which are clearly separate things, have stats. Arbitrarily mixing the two is would be confusing and could not currently work in any sensible way.
So, vitrification and theorycraft no.2

If I want to add to the MI damage, I'd socket Added Fire Damage, Fire Penetration, Increased Minion Life, and Increased Area of Effect support gems?

That makes more sense now.
"
Shinteo wrote:

If I want to add to the MI damage, I'd socket Added Fire Damage, Fire Penetration, Increased Minion Life, and Increased Area of Effect support gems?

You could...But I think you're better off the Faster Attacks + Minion damage + minion life(or iir)
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
Does that also mean that MI passive now also benefits fromiiq/iir support gems?
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
"
wizard_6 wrote:
Does that also mean that MI passive now also benefits fromiiq/iir support gems?

They should, Mark said so in the MI thread in the Witch forums.
IGN: BoomFirez
IGN Alt: BoomDischarge
"
Shinteo wrote:

Added fire damage adds a % of physical damage as fire. The explosion has no physical damage, so that's probably not what you want.
Minion Damage support will increase it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info