Minion Instability and fire/burning damage

So from what I've read in this thread, if i link the raise zombie skill gem to minion damage, minion life, increased area of effect, concentrated effect, and chance to ignite support gems, that would in effect keep the AOE of MI the same but give it % more area damage, %increased damage from the minion gem, a higher HP amount to base the damage off of and a %chance to ignite? Assuming the increased area of effect gem was lvl 17 or higher.
Yes.
"
Velpz wrote:
So from what I've read in this thread, if i link the raise zombie skill gem to minion damage, minion life, increased area of effect, concentrated effect, and chance to ignite support gems [...] and a %chance to ignite?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes.

Chance to Ignite says "on hit". Is MI "minions explode when reduced to low life, dealing 33% of their max life as fire damage to surrounding enemies" a "hit"?
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Yes.
I'm looking at the 3 "Area of Effect Radius" nodes in the middle of the passive tree. Will getting those give me a 12% boost to my auras, curses, firestorm, AND minion instability? Or do those passives not affect MI because they trigger off of my minions?

Also if I put firestorm on a totem, would those 3 passives still increase the AOE of firestorm?

edit: while we're on the topic. Would increased AOE on a totem also increase the totems cast range?
Last edited by wivarn on Feb 4, 2013, 8:32:21 PM
Does MI do more damage to shocked enemies? I read somewhere that it didn't last year, but that this would be corrected. Does anyone know if this has been done?
Oh god, all this time I thought the explosion was doing 100% of their maximum life. Derp : (

Still, that's a ~4k damage explosion since I have ~200% bonus minion damage and they have 4k life. That being said - if I add, say, concentrated effect for +50% damage, will they deal 50% extra damage of the 4k they normally do (total 6k), or would it be additive and only add ~16% of their max life (~4.6k)?

e: And I could also add Chance to Ignite, and Elemental Proliferation, and they'd explode and apply a whole lot of stacks of ignite to nearby enemies?

I, uh... I think I need to do this.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Feb 4, 2013, 9:43:14 PM
I have got this shield.

And MI says "33,3 % of minions max life"

my zombies have got 433 hp
(433*0,333)=114,1 fire damage

NA bring them 42% spell damage
so ... will they increse their damage to 204.74 Fire damage?
Last edited by Loguerdown on Feb 6, 2013, 10:41:04 AM
"
Loguerdown wrote:
I have got this shield.[...]

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
[...]No. For one, spell damage has no effect because it's not a spell.[...]
[ bold mine ]
Brutus. Do you even sync?
"
wivarn wrote:
I'm looking at the 3 "Area of Effect Radius" nodes in the middle of the passive tree. Will getting those give me a 12% boost to my auras, curses, firestorm, AND minion instability? Or do those passives not affect MI because they trigger off of my minions?

Also if I put firestorm on a totem, would those 3 passives still increase the AOE of firestorm?

edit: while we're on the topic. Would increased AOE on a totem also increase the totems cast range?

Im curious too know too.

I also want to know:

If the mobs are shocked when the minions explode from MI, do they shocked monsters take more damage (like they do from any other source when they are shocked)?

"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on Feb 9, 2013, 1:35:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info