spam summoning necros in tight maps = recipe for insanity

guys let me explain what the situation was...im not exactly shouting nerf here..perhaps a cooldown or adjustment in summoning speed??

I was doing a lvl 66 waste pool or sewer type map, it was the very beginning , their was 1 direction through 1 doorway chokepoint to advance or continue on throughout the level, there were 2necros in one room and eventually noticing 3 in the other room past the doorway, there were about 40 summons or so spread out amongst both rooms, if i was geared like i was last ladder, shit would have just blown up, but at this point my char stands at an avg 4.2k dps atm and i can kill norm summons 1 shot if i crit, this i was doing, fireball with lmp and even tried chain even though i cant cast it as fast cause of manadrain, there was no way out, id kill 1 necro and summons, the other would summon the rhoas back from the other room, it was impossible at avg character dps, but mostly due to the speed of the necros summoning, at one point the necros were summoning non-stop, 3 of them, it looked like they were doin the ymca ffs they were not stopping at any point, just spam summoning any corpse availabe...this situation is entirely -OP for close courters, boxed in rooms , with only 1 doorway out and necros beyond that door, hey after all this is the qq patch so were allowed to complain which i dont do that often. I really think that this is a direction relation to when they regulated cold snap casting , it still happens , but it isnt spammed, and we all know how that was, not viable. I could handle a couple spam summon necros but not 3-5 in one viscinity. I dont expect this to go anywhere, just thought id throw it out there as a potential regulatory measure, peace.
Necros should raise TWO corpses at once! And raised corpses get buffs!
Forum Sheriff
I don't think necros need nerfing, though I wouldn't mind if they were changed to invite some more strategy.

All they do currently is spam raise dead - and little else. To see them resurrect multiple dead at once, then do something else while that skill is on cooldown, could be potentially more interesting.

Necros with a skill to buff their friends would be cool too. I'd like to see more necromancer variety actually. Some continually raise 1 foe, some raise 2 with a cooldown, some cast skills which give individual friends more elemental/physical resistance or attack speed... etc.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Nov 2, 2012, 8:29:42 PM
I don't even kill stuff in the prison or chamber of sins because it isn't worth my time. This has always been the main problem I have had with Necros since they were first introduced. The time versus reward is terrible. You don't get xp for resummons. It's boring and frustrating, at least for me, to actually kill stuff in any place with necros. Bottom line: They don't get me killed. They just waste my time.

There are two parts to an arpg. Fun and incentive. Killing lots of things is fun and the incentive is to get to the point where you can kill lots of things (loot and levels). When you have neither, that causes me to skip content.
Last edited by sharkh20 on Nov 3, 2012, 12:57:41 AM
"
sharkh20 wrote:
I don't even kill stuff in the prison or chamber of sins because it isn't worth my time.

Of all the times i've played through this game i don't believe i've ever fought through an entire dungeon like chamber of sins or pyramid since necros have been introduced. I just phase run through it and level up somehwere less annoying.

And also OP makes a good point that there are soome situations rare as they are where even a well geared player has an impossible time bypassing when there's necros with certain combos of mods. I think a timer on how many summons they can do consecutively needs to be in place to prevent those odd situations from happening.

They should also give experience for at least a minute while the necro is still alive. Or even exp at least once more for re-summoned enemies. Can't really do it in maps cuz it will be abused as a bonus feature to get more exp but in the normal game it should be availabe. No one likes wasting so much time in those dungeons for nothing, and if you do, you've got masochistic tendencies.
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
Last edited by Badmotorfinger on Nov 3, 2012, 2:18:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info