spam summoning necros in tight maps = recipe for insanity

guys please, with a bloody cherry on top, you cant setup these necros of yours to auto spam summon every dead corpse on the ground, also summon instantly upon killing summons, on top of it all theres 1 fucking doorway to go through to proceed with the map, i couldnt complete a lvl 66 4xchiseld map cause of this nonsense...put a cap on the godamn limit of summons at least please for the love of god almighty...its as if these borders or boundaries are completely unknown upon w/e changes u guys made, this area needs a balance you cant stuff 3 necros together summoning everything at a doorway chokepoint in the map...i waited...forever it didnt do shit and my map luck has been fucking pathetic took me hours to get this waste pool to be tarnished by a bunch of unbalanced spam summoning necros...

p.s. this game still remains awesome..plz look into this its overkill necro bs
Last edited by butcherspupil on Nov 2, 2012, 11:08:49 AM
I don't think you being unable to complete a map is a proper excuse for such changes. Maybe such changes should be made, but not all maps should be possible just because chisels were invested. Call in some buds next time.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
They are far more annoying in wide open areas. I was unable to complete a map recently because of it. In closed areas they die pretty quickly. They really need a summon cap for the necros or a cooldown on the ability to raise dead. It is completely ridiculous right now. At least the raised dead give flask charges.

Hotkey whirring blades, flicker strike, lightning warp, or some mobility skill by the way. It makes tight maps much easier. If you have no space put it on weapon swap, and if you have no space there then just keep it in your inventory just in case.
Last edited by Watlok on Nov 2, 2012, 1:47:31 PM
Feel free to bring Detonate Corpse, Summon Zombie/Spectre or Devouring Totem with you the next time you enter a map :).
Use a movement skill to get through the door and kill the necros.

If they are rares with defensive mobs, kill them (slowly) with an aoe ability so that you are also constantly killing the undead (getting leech and flask charges, not taking a mucn damage).
I always go straight for the necros, or if thats not possible because of more dangerous mobs around, or doorways ect., I just raise zombies out of anything I kill. Eventually the necro is the only thing left and is pretty powerless then.
Lost to Apathy
The necromancers wouldn't be nearly as interesting if they weren't so frustrating. Here's a suggestion to at least make them a little more fun, that I've posted before:

Allow the necromancer to resurrect a whole bunch of enemies at once, but give the spell a casting time of 3-4 seconds so the player can attempt to interrupt it. The casting time would be reduced by rare enemy mods and auras. Add a noticeable visual effect during the casting as well as a wispy particle trail that starts at the necromancer and stretches toward the targeted corpse/area as the spell is cast.

Allow the necromancer to target corpses that are out of its line of sight if there is a movement path to the target and the necromancer has had LoS to it within the last few seconds. Encourage the necromancer to cast from a distance (travelling distance, not bird's eye) and to target an area with multiple corpses rather than single corpses that are close by.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
My personal favourite is the turbo necro with turbo aura running behind your back and resurrecting a map full of skeletal rhoas and other skelies and then sitting in the middle of the horde of 30+ mobs impossible to get to. Necros can create interesting and unusual situations to break the tedium of spamming right button aoe skill of choice, gotta love them.
Bastards. All of them.
Forum Sheriff
I once got a necro that litteraly revived 4 rooms in Chamber of sins that i,ve already cleared of monsters.

Then i had go clear them out again, and i dont gain EXP from the revived monsters for some reason.

Necros are kinda funny. They piss you off. And when they die they make a retarded sound. But i really wish that we could still gain exp from revived monsters though.... But i understand that people could abuse this. (Killing a skeleton 5000 times to grant Exp by having a necro to revive it whenever it dies.)

I think necros are made in the game to be the most hated monster... I mean... some monster has to have that role.

2nd place must be the suicide bombers: Aliras Martyr and the bombworm in Cavern of wrath and anger... or is it only anger? nvm u know what i mean.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info