PvP Feedback

"
terrex wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Since this is the main feedback thread.

Is there a valid reason why you guys are approaching PvP absolutely backwards? You're balancing a game based on premature PvP characters that aren't even "end game". End game being an obvious opinion, though paired with the fact this game offers content far past level 28 and max level of 100... its pretty safe to say end game is high level PvP. Like it is in EVERY other game, like it should be. I know in future seasons you'll change gears and I'm sure it'll be great like the rest of the game. Though regardless of ease of balance or the accessibility LLD offered it is still bassackwards. LLD is a niche group of people in every game that offers it, that decides they want to play pee wee league instead of end game. They've for decades made the best of what they are given, knowing that it is a niche and nothing but a niche. It's cool you're taking a different approach to things and actually giving LLD its due. Though you are balancing LLD, letting the shit roll UP hill and the high level true end game PvP has to deal with whatever happens. When conversely it should be high level and the shit rolling DOWN hill.

I think even less care about HLD and that is a reality.

LLD is a lot more approachable. HLD is a pretty high end currency dump and I doubt many want to invest hundreds of ex just to have a few close match ups.

ARPG PvP needs to be babysat otherwise it's only fun for those using the most exploited, favourable builds which we saw in season 1.

Name these builds please
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Ya my point wasn't that lld deserves to be shafted. Its that if any form of PvP was to be left scavanging through balance abortions and neglect it shouldn't be hld. They need to seperate the balance better and not universally change formulas,skills like they have.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 28, 2015, 8:02:40 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Ya my point wasn't that lld deserves to be shafted. Its that if any form of PvP was to be left scavanging through balance abortions and neglect it shouldn't be hld. They need to seperate the balance better and not universally change formulas,skills like they have.

Agreed, and they even said a while ago they can do changes that only applies to LLD, though when I read the announcements for 1.3.1 patch I was like "Aight, it's only LLD". But at the end they also added cwdt, which we all know is 31 and therefor not a LLD-nerf, which made me think these nerfs are universal, LLD as well as HLD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
MullaXul wrote:

Agreed, and they even said a while ago they can do changes that only applies to LLD, though when I read the announcements for 1.3.1 patch I was like "Aight, it's only LLD". But at the end they also added cwdt, which we all know is 31 and therefor not a LLD-nerf, which made me think these nerfs are universal, LLD as well as HLD

That and the fact that the damage nerfs are also flat nerfs to the skill at all levels. From what I recall cyclone is in a bad place right now for HLD correct? What good would come from a damage cut?
"
A222 wrote:
"
"
MullaXul wrote:

That and the fact that the damage nerfs are also flat nerfs to the skill at all levels. From what I recall cyclone is in a bad place right now for HLD correct? What good would come from a damage cut?

Sadly as for HLD cyclone is pretty much the only viable 2H skill(Few exception if you're sword, moltenstrike is pretty good and heavy strike can be somewhat decent). But in general cyclone is the only viable vs most builds, and it still isn't very good. Sadly it got nerfed 1.3.1 so I am left to see how this will affect 2h. Each patch seems to downgrade them, there are a few good 2handers out there but I can count far more other builds that have a majoruity of the attempters be far more than people trying out 2H.

I can count the good 2H Hlders on my hand, even if it just had 2 or 3 fingers
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 5, 2015, 1:16:32 PM

Wait....you have more then 2 fingers Tommie? Wtf man, I have only 2....seems unfair.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:

Wait....you have more then 2 fingers Tommie? Wtf man, I have only 2....seems unfair.

;-)
Why are the premade characters still such garbage? I mean, the shadow is the best of the ones I looked at and it is REALLY BAD! And I mean like super-bad...

The gear is still complete garbage (not a single rare, resist on everything and still not maxed), the skillgems have no quality (very very bad, especially on a dagger char), the supportgems are mostly shit (added lightning damage but no penetration?!) and the only redeeming quality is Multistrike on the shadow and a half-what decent build.
Compare that to the duelist... a bunch of blocknodes but a shitty armour-shield? And critdmg in the inventory but no crit-points on the tree and not even a rapier but an ACCURACY-SWORD???
And omg that Marauder build...

I mean, you guys hosted a PvP tournament lately. Did you even watch it? Did you look at the gear those guys have? The skills they use? Those guys had around 2k hp or sth and spammable skills for free and you send new players into PvP with a duelist with 800 something life and NO BLOCKPEN nodes?! Do you deliberately make people shy away from PvP?

I wanted to try a premade char just for fun but I created three, looked at the tree and the inventory and deleted them before even entering the arena. I mean, if I wanted to be pissed off I could watch the news instead of going into PvP and die from looking at the other player...

Please work on those chars GGG, they are fucking HORRENDOUS!
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
"
Azdrubel wrote:
Why are the premade characters still such garbage? I mean, the shadow is the best of the ones I looked at and it is REALLY BAD! And I mean like super-bad...

The gear is still complete garbage (not a single rare, resist on everything and still not maxed), the skillgems have no quality (very very bad, especially on a dagger char), the supportgems are mostly shit (added lightning damage but no penetration?!) and the only redeeming quality is Multistrike on the shadow and a half-what decent build.
Compare that to the duelist... a bunch of blocknodes but a shitty armour-shield? And critdmg in the inventory but no crit-points on the tree and not even a rapier but an ACCURACY-SWORD???
And omg that Marauder build...

I mean, you guys hosted a PvP tournament lately. Did you even watch it? Did you look at the gear those guys have? The skills they use? Those guys had around 2k hp or sth and spammable skills for free and you send new players into PvP with a duelist with 800 something life and NO BLOCKPEN nodes?! Do you deliberately make people shy away from PvP?

I wanted to try a premade char just for fun but I created three, looked at the tree and the inventory and deleted them before even entering the arena. I mean, if I wanted to be pissed off I could watch the news instead of going into PvP and die from looking at the other player...

Please work on those chars GGG, they are fucking HORRENDOUS!

GGG said they specifically dont want premades to be useable, they're just there so you dont have to level to 28. I agree the premades are worthless but I don't think they're planning on ever improving them.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
p0t wrote:

GGG said they specifically dont want premades to be useable, they're just there so you dont have to level to 28. I agree the premades are worthless but I don't think they're planning on ever improving them.

We are looking at expansing the level of power we can give them. We also want to make the path from pretty good PVP character to excellent PVP character easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info