Interview with Brother Laz and the 0.9.13b/0.9.13c patches

I love brother Laz's balls in comparison with chris's diplomatic answers :)
"
Jazzo wrote:
fans can submit their own unique item ideas?

where? and when? :|

By becoming a diamond supporter. :)
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Progammer wrote:
...which reflect Laz as a somewhat egotistic person in his answer.

You definitely didn't play MedianXL :)
Am I the only one who sees the irony in recruiting from the D2 mod community when PoE is unmoddable?
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Progammer wrote:

About the interview, personally I think it is quite bad. The interviewer keeps asking about D3 again and again, which reflect Laz as a somewhat egotistic person in his answer. Just my 2 cents

He's incredibly bitter about D3 for some reason. He was also incapable of accepting constructive criticism of his mod and was throwing hissy fits when people didn't like some of the changes in 004 version.

Like, for instance, monsters that had ability to chain-shield themselves for 12 seconds straight, if there were 12 of them. People complained, and I complained as well - what's the fun in stopping for quite a long time, jumping around monsters, because you can't hit them at all? Or when he decided it was a good idea to lower the experience gained from last 5 levels, so people would have to spend hours upon hours of grinding to get from 115 to 120. Even with experience orbs it took a long time.

He's a good modder and he has good ideas, but his ego has really inflated over the years.
Last edited by Abedeus on Nov 2, 2012, 6:27:22 AM
Great D3 bashing. They love D3-bashing on Incgamers, hehe. It's a great idea to have him working on uniques. D3 is a great reference to how it shouldn't be done. I don't think anybody had any interest in how items worked before D3 was released.

"
Abedeus wrote:
"
Progammer wrote:

About the interview, personally I think it is quite bad. The interviewer keeps asking about D3 again and again, which reflect Laz as a somewhat egotistic person in his answer. Just my 2 cents

He's incredibly bitter about D3 for some reason. He was also incapable of accepting constructive criticism of his mod and was throwing hissy fits when people didn't like some of the changes in 004 version.

Like, for instance, monsters that had ability to chain-shield themselves for 12 seconds straight, if there were 12 of them. People complained, and I complained as well - what's the fun in stopping for quite a long time, jumping around monsters, because you can't hit them at all? Or when he decided it was a good idea to lower the experience gained from last 5 levels, so people would have to spend hours upon hours of grinding to get from 115 to 120. Even with experience orbs it took a long time.

He's a good modder and he has good ideas, but his ego has really inflated over the years.

I can definitely relate, if he is making mods just for the fun of it, and people complains. I don't think PR is that relevant when you're a single person modding, hehe.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Nov 2, 2012, 7:17:45 AM
Great interview! I just hope someone is spell-checking Brother Laz' item names. It's spelled "Sovereign." =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Yoroichi wrote:
I love brother Laz's balls in comparison with chris's diplomatic answers :)

Me2.
"
Summoner wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in recruiting from the D2 mod community when PoE is unmoddable?

There was a small group of people who worked with mods for PoE, including myself for a while.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
Interview is okay, but I disagree on a few things, for example: Diablo 3 is not dead. It surely isn't as populated as it should/could be but saying D3 is dead is just flat out wrong.

I truly believe that BrotherLaz is a competent designer but let's just wait for some more of his unique items... I'm a mathematician - I like proofs. ;)
"
Asphael wrote:
Interview is okay, but I disagree on a few things, for example: Diablo 3 is not dead. It surely isn't as populated as it should/could be but saying D3 is dead is just flat out wrong.

I truly believe that BrotherLaz is a competent designer but let's just wait for some more of his unique items... I'm a mathematician - I like proofs. ;)

PROOF*
Last edited by Yoroichi on Nov 2, 2012, 9:49:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info