Interview with Brother Laz and the 0.9.13b/0.9.13c patches

Too egotistical? Hmm.. You must be new to the Internet :P

The article was a good read; nothing really new to me, but entertaining nonetheless. "There can be only one Blightsteel Colossus" ...Well... Four, actually ^-^ I particularly liked this comment, and the implied comparison between ARPG itemization and collecting M:tG. Thankfully, GGG doesn't expect us to invest $1-400 every month to remain competitively viable ;P
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
Dreggon wrote:
where is this where can i make my Necromantic Aegis shield

You can't, because when you equip the shield it will apply the shield bonuses to your minions, including necromantic aegis, so your character loses the bonus so the shield goes back to your character so it goes back to your minions and back to your character and back to your minions...

"
Abedeus wrote:
He's incredibly bitter about D3 for some reason. He was also incapable of accepting constructive criticism of his mod and was throwing hissy fits when people didn't like some of the changes in 004 version.

Like, for instance, monsters that had ability to chain-shield themselves for 12 seconds straight, if there were 12 of them. People complained, and I complained as well - what's the fun in stopping for quite a long time, jumping around monsters, because you can't hit them at all?

Actually version 004 was the one that REMOVED things like these. This is because I realised I got carried away by the community screaming for a harder mod, forgetting for a moment (read: 3 patches) that most people are not like the forum population. Reading other forums is incredibly helpful.

"
Abedeus wrote:
Or when he decided it was a good idea to lower the experience gained from last 5 levels, so people would have to spend hours upon hours of grinding to get from 115 to 120. Even with experience orbs it took a long time.

This was one of those "D2Maniacs" ideas. There is a reason why experience gain was high to begin with and why items were so common. Unfortunately the server community had opposite goals, summarised as "grinding is good". Near the end the content of each patch was pretty much defined by this conflict.

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Great interview! I just hope someone is spell-checking Brother Laz' item names. It's spelled "Sovereign." =^[.]^=

Those are apparently item image names. The actual item names are not misspelled (in fact the item is Moonbender's Wing).

"
Jim_Fear wrote:
This was a great read, but this guys ego needs a serious debuff.

I'm not sure either why making a couple of items deserves an interview, especially when I then get bashed for having an opinion.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
especially when I then get bashed for having an opinion.

Having an opinion online is against-the-internet-law, didn't you know? lol.

Seriously, I've yet to see any updates that I didn't like or agree, or at least didn't understand the reasoning behind, for PoE. Whatever the team is doing as a whole is working.
Maybe brother laz will help make some monster models for Path Of Exile? More hands means more help :) I did enjoy median xl and the artwork.
"
Jazzo wrote:
fans can submit their own unique item ideas?

where? and when? :|

Look for the thread Community Unique Item Creation.

I have opened my unique creation up to the community, from one and for all!!!

All ideas welcome and hear :)
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info