[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Will be on break till around the 23rd of Feb feel free to post questions i'll still be around to answer
Hey Pohx on fire trap why fire penetration versus increase burn damage on a crit trapper. I keep switching between both (fire pen lvl 19 13Q vs lvl 16 increase burn) and feel like increase burn does more damage when I crit. I swear I saw a 75 boss disappear into an elemental prolif mob. note that increase burn doesn't show on tooltip.
thanks
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
"
Atlas305 wrote:
Hey Pohx on fire trap why fire penetration versus increase burn damage on a crit trapper. I keep switching between both (fire pen lvl 19 13Q vs lvl 16 increase burn) and feel like increase burn does more damage when I crit. I swear I saw a 75 boss disappear into an elemental prolif mob. note that increase burn doesn't show on tooltip.
thanks

Pen won't show on the tooltip either, Penetration is an absolute requirement, think of it like this.

How much more damage do you take from an element when you're at 50% opposed to 75? you'll probably never even enter the map, the penetration has absurd scaling with crit

Burn damage will give you a nice overall damage boost. however, the initial hit will be Much lower since you don't have penetration, also if you're constantly critting the burn damage will just refresh itself,

You may want to do some more testing yourself since Fire trap does have a large gap between min and max damage so you very well could of crit on a high end of the burn and a low end on your penetration.

Overall if you wanted to do a burn damage build you can pickup all the degen nodes as well
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Atlas305 wrote:
thanks

Pen won't show on the tooltip either, Penetration is an absolute requirement, think of it like this.

How much more damage do you take from an element when you're at 50% opposed to 75? you'll probably never even enter the map, the penetration has absurd scaling with crit

Burn damage will give you a nice overall damage boost. however, the initial hit will be Much lower since you don't have penetration, also if you're constantly critting the burn damage will just refresh itself,

You may want to do some more testing yourself since Fire trap does have a large gap between min and max damage so you very well could of crit on a high end of the burn and a low end on your penetration.

Overall if you wanted to do a burn damage build you can pickup all the degen nodes as well

Yes just went into another 75 with pen instead. The crit also does more damage. Same result, 1 shot boss on crit. :) nice work. Also what would your 6th link be?
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
"
Atlas305 wrote:
"
Pohx wrote:
"
Atlas305 wrote:
thanks

Yes just went into another 75 with pen instead. The crit also does more damage. Same result, 1 shot boss on crit. :) nice work. Also what would your 6th link be?

6L is empower
First off RIP my lvl 90 Crit trapper, Nemisis league. How? Not paying attention to Vaal smash(incr move speed + incr lightning dmg) Maze Map, oh and the quad curser was taking the piss. Suffice to say ANY toon will die to a vaal smash with those mods :)

The cons in my book - Critt Version:
Bosses i never tried was Crama boss, Academy boss, jungle valley weaver, torture chamber boss(although she can be kited easy, map Dominus (just too unpredictable), Courtyard doable but still sketchy.

Map mods: Half regen/ no regen:
I know pohx will link me his lavianga and 2nd mana flask but still. I've tried it and its quite frankly a bitch but doable.While others are killing mobs, i have to juggle the AA on/off and throw traps at the same time. My mana regen was at 240 without discipline and around 280 with it. Also keep in mind, if u play indoor maps you hardly feel your mana drain much because mobs are always close by. however outdoor maps can be tricky.

Other mods that might be tricky is Vulnerabilty, extra projectiles with inc Dmg as pohx explained.

There is only 1 generic monster that i fear with chain and that is the porcupines. When there are a group of them with chain (and some other nasty mods) they can insta gib you if you not careful.

Cannot solo high maps but then again this version of the build is not made for solo :-)

The awesomeness of this build - critt version:

Massive pure unadulterated damage = super fun. Its the first character ive played with a good deal of survivability(AA + Mom) and deal so much damage. I've heard people say they carry groups but most of them are probably talking bs or thinking a 2-3 man party is a full group. This build CARRIES!!! I've 1 shot Kole colonnade in a 4 man party! I can go on and on but i wont bore you with the number of bosses ive made look like rank amateurs in a party of 4-5.

Who needs auras in a group when u perma Triple shock stack mobs for your group without fail?
Who freeze dangerous mobs in their tracks to give a bit of breathing room? Who insta gib that regen storm herald that everyone runs away from? Who goes balls to the wall in reflect maps while others are timid?

This build definitely carries 4 man party no problem. I havent played much in a 6 man party but I can safely assume that you wont be looking at what damage the other guys are doing because you will be more than satisfied with your own damage. For example, (6 man party), there were 1 or 2 stranded blue mobs in a lvl 76 map. me and 1 guy was not near our party and he started slashing away at them. Bit by bit he chipped away at their massive HP while i was standing there amused. when the mobs were eventually about 50% hp left, i cursed them, threw 3 fire traps and boom.

Build Cost: Compared to builds with similar damage this far outweighs them all. Ive spent very little on my crit trapper(whatever pohx might say). I only had a 5L mind you. Also, this build is so versatile gear wise that you dont need a specific high costing item. example, I used ice spear with gmp and power charge on crit to get my critt chance from 26 to 36%(later on i didnt need this cause i had about 31% unbuffed). I subbed out cold snap to achieve this. And i didnt even have to chrome anything!
For ele weakness maps (when no one was running purity), i bought a cheap tri res glove (without life) to replace my maligaros and my critt multi went from 767% to 700%, crit chance from 31% to 27% i think. Still pretty good.

tldr: I endorse this build, best i've played yet.

Thank you Pohx for an excellent and very affordable build to rival the best of them!!!

Last edited by Scrapm3tal on Feb 5, 2014, 5:27:27 AM
simple question:

why es/ev over carcass?

thanks! :)
"
thias2k wrote:
simple question:

why es/ev over carcass?

thanks! :)

higher es gives you more mana which ends up giving you more mana regen, which allows a higher level of AA

One question: What are the bandit rewards you take?
"

One question: What are the bandit rewards you take?

Normal - Oak Hp
Cruel - Kill all
Merci - Kill All

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info