[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

Hmmm, let me start over. First off, let me apologize for just talking about crit chance on my first post and not getting to the root of what I wanted to say. Second, let me apologize for any offense that you take (if any) during this post.

1. I do not think your build is fully optimized for a trapper in the first place. (and I will talk about this more at the end of my post.)

2. For the sake of "I want to do Pohx's build," let's investigate what I said at the end of my lengthy post. Is it worth it to get the three crit chance nodes?

Short answer, no. Long answer, is the calculations:

(For the sake of using simplified calculations, I will be stating that you throw 1 trap every second for 60 seconds. I will also state that you use a trap that does 50 - 100 damage which equates to an average of 75 damage. I will be using 150% crit multi because it is the base of any char. I will be stating that you start at the BASE crit chance of 5%)

Ok, now what I am arguing is investing the 4 nodes to get the three crit chance nodes is LESS of a DPS increase than doing something more optimal and getting raw trap damage increase which is these.
Pohx Crit Nodes
One Option that is better
Second Option that is better

All 3 paths take up the same amount of nodes, but Pohx's route takes crit chance over taking a 9% increase in trap damage.

Now for the calculations using the numbers I stated earlier and this is all theoretical. Obviously you could get extremely lucky and crit every single hit with a base crit of 1%

The base damage before taking either route
60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
5% crit chance
50-100 damage on trap which is an average of 75 damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 57 traps not critting and 3 traps critting
57 traps doing a total damage (using the average of 75) of 4275.
3 crit traps do a total damage of (1.5 * 75 *3) 337.5
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4275 + 337.5 = 4612.5. Divide by 60 seconds (total time that the damage was done over) is an average DPS of 76.875

The damage after taking the three crit nodes
5% crit chance changes to 5 + (5 * (.15+.45+.15) = 8.75% new crit chance

60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
8.75% crit chance
50-100 damage on trap which is an average of 75 damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 5.25 traps crit and 54.75 traps not critting.
54.75 traps doing a total damage of 4106.25
5.25 crit traps do a total damage of (1.5 * 75 * 5.25) 590.625
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4106.25 + 590.625 = 4696.875. Divide by 60 seconds is an average DPS of 78.28.

This is an increase of (78.28 – 76.875)/76.875 = 1.83% DPS increase

The damage after taking one of the other 2 paths
50 – 100 damage changes to ((50 * .09)+50) – ((100*.09)+100) = 54.5 – 109 which equates to 81.75 average damage

60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
5% crit chance
81.75 average damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 57 traps not critting and 3 traps critting
57 traps doing a total damage of (57 * 81.75) = 4659.75
3 traps doing a total damage of (1.5 * 81.75 * 3) = 367.875
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4659.75 + 367.875 = 5027.625 which equates to an average DPS of 83.75

This is an increase of (83.75 – 76.875)/76.875 = 8.9% DPS increase

Now if you think that I am trying to sway these calculations in my favor, I am not. The higher and higher average damage you go (increase 75 damage to infinity) the increase of getting those 3 crit nodes will linearly increase to a 4.375% DPS increase compared to getting the 9% trap dmg node which will linearly increase to 11.725% DPS increase.

Now what I wanted to say about when trying to make is this:
What are we trying to accomplish with our build? (high dps, crits which will increase damage, shock stacks, freeze, etc)
What is the best char to do this to pick up the proper nodes to accomplish our build?

TLDR; The 3 crit nodes will increase his dps of an average of 1.5% and linearly increase to 4.375% while getting ONE 9% trap damage node will increase his damage linearly from 8% to 11.725%. Think about what each node is going to do and what it will do to my character.
"
Completed 11 ChallengesUrbnopr8r wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! No confusion; even if you didn't recommend it, I would've kept it, and just re-spec'd later lol. I need it at this point haha.

I was reading another trap guide mentioning ice nova instead of cold snap since quality ice nova increases area of effect and that with crits you were likely to freeze, or at least chill for a long enough period to clear. What are you thoughts on it, or is it mostly preference?

*EDIT
I realize I said this and it seems I haven't read the guide. My intention is to find out which you prefer, and why.


I'm currently using both, Cold snap does decent damage but can literally freeze White mobs for up to 4 seconds, blues up to 2-3 and yellows from 1-2 Seconds Non Crit. You can even freeze some map bosses as well depending on how low you can get their resets, or how high your crits are.

Ice Nova is pretty good since as you said it covers a Wide range due to its AoE. In my current build i'm running low crit rate so it's mainly a damage source/chiller
"
NeOZealouS wrote:
Hmmm, let me start over. First off, let me apologize for just talking about crit chance on my first post and not getting to the root of what I wanted to say. Second, let me apologize for any offense that you take (if any) during this post.

1. I do not think your build is fully optimized for a trapper in the first place. (and I will talk about this more at the end of my post.)

2. For the sake of "I want to do Pohx's build," let's investigate what I said at the end of my lengthy post. Is it worth it to get the three crit chance nodes?

Short answer, no. Long answer, is the calculations:

(For the sake of using simplified calculations, I will be stating that you throw 1 trap every second for 60 seconds. I will also state that you use a trap that does 50 - 100 damage which equates to an average of 75 damage. I will be using 150% crit multi because it is the base of any char. I will be stating that you start at the BASE crit chance of 5%)

Ok, now what I am arguing is investing the 4 nodes to get the three crit chance nodes is LESS of a DPS increase than doing something more optimal and getting raw trap damage increase which is these.
Pohx Crit Nodes
One Option that is better
Second Option that is better

All 3 paths take up the same amount of nodes, but Pohx's route takes crit chance over taking a 9% increase in trap damage.

Now for the calculations using the numbers I stated earlier and this is all theoretical. Obviously you could get extremely lucky and crit every single hit with a base crit of 1%

The base damage before taking either route
60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
5% crit chance
50-100 damage on trap which is an average of 75 damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 57 traps not critting and 3 traps critting
57 traps doing a total damage (using the average of 75) of 4275.
3 crit traps do a total damage of (1.5 * 75 *3) 337.5
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4275 + 337.5 = 4612.5. Divide by 60 seconds (total time that the damage was done over) is an average DPS of 76.875

The damage after taking the three crit nodes
5% crit chance changes to 5 + (5 * (.15+.45+.15) = 8.75% new crit chance

60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
8.75% crit chance
50-100 damage on trap which is an average of 75 damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 5.25 traps crit and 54.75 traps not critting.
54.75 traps doing a total damage of 4106.25
5.25 crit traps do a total damage of (1.5 * 75 * 5.25) 590.625
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4106.25 + 590.625 = 4696.875. Divide by 60 seconds is an average DPS of 78.28.

This is an increase of (78.28 – 76.875)/76.875 = 1.83% DPS increase

The damage after taking one of the other 2 paths
50 – 100 damage changes to ((50 * .09)+50) – ((100*.09)+100) = 54.5 – 109 which equates to 81.75 average damage

60 traps thrown in 60 seconds
5% crit chance
81.75 average damage
150% crit multi

60 traps thrown equates to 57 traps not critting and 3 traps critting
57 traps doing a total damage of (57 * 81.75) = 4659.75
3 traps doing a total damage of (1.5 * 81.75 * 3) = 367.875
Total damage over 60 seconds = 4659.75 + 367.875 = 5027.625 which equates to an average DPS of 83.75

This is an increase of (83.75 – 76.875)/76.875 = 8.9% DPS increase

Now if you think that I am trying to sway these calculations in my favor, I am not. The higher and higher average damage you go (increase 75 damage to infinity) the increase of getting those 3 crit nodes will linearly increase to a 4.375% DPS increase compared to getting the 9% trap dmg node which will linearly increase to 11.725% DPS increase.

Now what I wanted to say about when trying to make is this:
What are we trying to accomplish with our build? (high dps, crits which will increase damage, shock stacks, freeze, etc)
What is the best char to do this to pick up the proper nodes to accomplish our build?

TLDR; The 3 crit nodes will increase his dps of an average of 1.5% and linearly increase to 4.375% while getting ONE 9% trap damage node will increase his damage linearly from 8% to 11.725%. Think about what each node is going to do and what it will do to my character.


I also apologize if I came off the wrong way, I'm not doubting your math or your logic, however the 3 crit nodes I end up picking up saves you from grabbing a wasted intel node, also you need to take into account if you end up critting a mob with a cold snap, it'll literally freeze it so long that your cold snap will refresh before it's unfrozen, if you would like to talk in terms of Overall DPS, Then I would have to agree, your route is better. However just for the sake of random things happening I would like to take the critical nodes which transition into the health right above them.

If the critical nodes Did not transition into anything I would not take them

Edit: You are right about the current 61-80 Tree, I keep forgetting you haven't seen the full built tree lol. This build was designed already for the players who have seen my character on the live stream and who keep asking for updates, I'll correct it now

Just remember, this build is literally being updated/edited every several hours due to mass requests, Not everything shall be perfect at the start xD
Last edited by Pohx on Nov 1, 2013, 11:23:09 AM
Taking Point blank isn't error, is it?

But why?
It affects projectile ATTACKS, and there are no attack gems in this build

Or am I missing something?
"
Completed 21 Challengesalt0172 wrote:
Taking Point blank isn't error, is it?

But why?
It affects projectile ATTACKS, and there are no attack gems in this build

Or am I missing something?


You're correct, it's 1 point I would just like to test to confirm. Doesn't hurt to double check xD

Guide will be updated later today with my new build/gear i'll release a whole new section for the guide
Can this beauty roll G-G-R? Found it today :D



IGN: afkfredAAs
Why not ? Its no like chrom are expensive anyway
"
Completed 18 ChallengessafredAAs wrote:
Can this beauty roll G-G-R? Found it today :D





Yes, you're able to roll it
Nice build man, keep up the good work with streaming as well. Hope you'll get partnership, you deserve it. GL,HF,WP. :D
Joes|Joesepherus|Zerserk
"Heaven doesn't want me,
and Hell is afraid that I would take over."
"
[color=red]mypenisismall[/color]


well pohx thats great info there

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info