[1.0.5] Pohx's 1181% Crit Multi Conduit Solo/Party Trapper [Nemesis] Vids Included

"
Marchelo wrote:
should i use cold snap or ethernal knifes as trap on lvl 48? and what lvl should i must be before act 3 :)

Damage Ek > Cold Snap

Survial Cold Snap > Ek

Live streaming if anyone is interested in watching Gameplay
Wanted to firstly thank you so much for the in-depth guide and GREAT videos Pohx, really means alot when an OP delivers (and even continues to answers questions after the fact)!

I'm fairly new to POE, and have played a Witch through HC Normal - but came across your Guide/Videos while researching and wanted to give this a go on a Nemisis re-roll :). Alot of the guides on here are swayed toward the 'professional' POE or someone that is able to supply their toon with alot of 'endgame' loot, rather then starting fresh (I know you have that 'leveling' section and I've completed that, have all my gems ready ha) but in regards to playstyle/leveling up to where you are (not to mention which quest rewards to take - BLOODY stressful lol) I was wondering if you could help :).

As you can see I've just rolled my main Scion (after getting all the Gems you pointed out in the Leveling section) - I've looked at your 'Current Gear' and noted the Gems I need to look out for from Quest Rewards - seems to be:

- Fire Trap (obtained via mule)
- Bear Trap (Scion questline)
- Cold Snap (obtained via mule)
- Ethereal Knives (obtained via mule)
- Ice Nova (Scion questline - would another Gem be better as you say its awful?)
- Enduring Cry (Scion questline)
- Elemental Weakness (Scion questline)
- Enfeeble (Scion questline)
- Vulnerability (Scion questline)
- Clarity/Lighting Trap (obtained via mule as only one can be selected via Scion questline)
- Grace (Scion questline)
- 2xTrap (Scion questline)
- Reduced Mana (Scion questline)
- Elemental Proliferation (Scion questline)
- Increased Critical Strikes (Scion questline)
- 2xAdded Fire Damage (Scion questline)
- 2xMultiple Traps (Scion questline)
- Cast When Damage Taken (Scion questline)
- Molten Shell (Scion questline)
- Decoy Totem (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Cold Snap)
- Summon Skeles (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Clarity/Lighting Trap)
- Concentrated Effects (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Cast When Damage Taken)
- Fire Penetration (Scion questline)
- Increased Area of Effect (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Reduced Mana/Trap)
- Freeze Mine (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Enfeeble)

Sorry for the wall of text, hope it helps others aswell - my question is some of the above double-up on Quest Rewards, how do we know which to take first for example Enfeeble vs. Freeze Mine. The ones that overlap, do we just cross our fingers and hope we can find/buy them?

Next up my question relates to your [amazing] gear - obviously as my first character on Nemisis I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel and won't be near the 'ideal' gear for a while, possibly ever with all the 'links/support gems' you have listed. Is there a general guide on what I should 'aim' for with gem colours/links? I've watched your gearing up video in regards to stats/evasion etc advice, was helpful!

Lastly, as mentioned above - playstytle at early levels/leveling up is alot different to where you are now - I was wondering if you could give some guidelines to us newcomers. For example, what skills should we be using through Normal etc as we havern't gained alot of the endgame skills/traps required to be as destructive as you haha. I mean all I have atm is Spark :P lol.

Again, thanks so much for everything - hope you will see this :).
Last edited by Deathlythoughts on Nov 12, 2013, 7:40:25 PM
So I just came back to the game after many months away. I created a Scion on Domination and am going by this guide. Being on Domination with no stash, I am very limited by my gems and gear. I was hoping I could post my stuff here with some advice on what to aim for/swap out. I find myself running out of mana quickly. Any advice is appreciated. I am level 40, just beat Normal difficulty.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcVIBg8HpQqTSzpLagzeD8nRnFKfUrIVvpaUls9W7tnoGwWcFF0QXfXfrCDCYPbh3aQDZMnkzqbXaiarD-xkLQMt9a9J85x2FTbWdxX3Q3yl_no_Ev8xQ==
Get mana gayser and you will be fine (on the right)
This build is really fun to play. I enjoy playing this more then a lot of the other builds I played with. I have pretty much the same set up as you Pohx's except I use Smoke Mines-Increase Duration-Increase Area Effect. On top of Freezing Mobs or Bosses for a long periods of time my screen is up in smoke and I rarely get hit. I also Started with Shadow instead.
How much mana regen do you consider to be enough? My mana pool is currently only around 600 since I haven't picked up EB.

What would you prioritize to link with fire/lightning trap? I currently only have multitrap on both.

With the new buffs to ice nova, do you think it can be a good damage and utility spell? Currently in cruel I prefer it over cold snap trap as it has a larger AoE and overlapping damage areas. I'm also dual wielding Ungil's Gauche for 180% increased crit chance and 55% block chance, and running an acrobatics build. I'll probably switch over to a spell damage crit dagger and shield if I ever find a good one.
"
Falkyn wrote:
How much mana regen do you consider to be enough? My mana pool is currently only around 600 since I haven't picked up EB.

What would you prioritize to link with fire/lightning trap? I currently only have multitrap on both.

With the new buffs to ice nova, do you think it can be a good damage and utility spell? Currently in cruel I prefer it over cold snap trap as it has a larger AoE and overlapping damage areas. I'm also dual wielding Ungil's Gauche for 180% increased crit chance and 55% block chance, and running an acrobatics build. I'll probably switch over to a spell damage crit dagger and shield if I ever find a good one.

Cold snap Will always beat ice nova in terms of Utility, it's not used for Damage

Currently changing around my build and my Fire Trap has the following

The 10% Damage doesn't seem like it's too much to really push cold snap to the point of making it a main skill, but I could very well be incorrect

As for lightning trap, it was really only used for leveling, I do not use it anymore
Last edited by Pohx on Nov 13, 2013, 9:16:06 AM
"
Wanted to firstly thank you so much for the in-depth guide and GREAT videos Pohx, really means alot when an OP delivers (and even continues to answers questions after the fact)!

I'm fairly new to POE, and have played a Witch through HC Normal - but came across your Guide/Videos while researching and wanted to give this a go on a Nemisis re-roll :). Alot of the guides on here are swayed toward the 'professional' POE or someone that is able to supply their toon with alot of 'endgame' loot, rather then starting fresh (I know you have that 'leveling' section and I've completed that, have all my gems ready ha) but in regards to playstyle/leveling up to where you are (not to mention which quest rewards to take - BLOODY stressful lol) I was wondering if you could help :).

As you can see I've just rolled my main Scion (after getting all the Gems you pointed out in the Leveling section) - I've looked at your 'Current Gear' and noted the Gems I need to look out for from Quest Rewards - seems to be:

- Fire Trap (obtained via mule)
- Bear Trap (Scion questline)
- Cold Snap (obtained via mule)
- Ethereal Knives (obtained via mule)
- Ice Nova (Scion questline - would another Gem be better as you say its awful?)
- Enduring Cry (Scion questline)
- Elemental Weakness (Scion questline)
- Enfeeble (Scion questline)
- Vulnerability (Scion questline)
- Clarity/Lighting Trap (obtained via mule as only one can be selected via Scion questline)
- Grace (Scion questline)
- 2xTrap (Scion questline)
- Reduced Mana (Scion questline)
- Elemental Proliferation (Scion questline)
- Increased Critical Strikes (Scion questline)
- 2xAdded Fire Damage (Scion questline)
- 2xMultiple Traps (Scion questline)
- Cast When Damage Taken (Scion questline)
- Molten Shell (Scion questline)
- Decoy Totem (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Cold Snap)
- Summon Skeles (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Clarity/Lighting Trap)
- Concentrated Effects (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Cast When Damage Taken)
- Fire Penetration (Scion questline)
- Increased Area of Effect (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Reduced Mana/Trap)
- Freeze Mine (Drop? Shares same quest reward as Enfeeble)

Sorry for the wall of text, hope it helps others aswell - my question is some of the above double-up on Quest Rewards, how do we know which to take first for example Enfeeble vs. Freeze Mine. The ones that overlap, do we just cross our fingers and hope we can find/buy them?

Next up my question relates to your [amazing] gear - obviously as my first character on Nemisis I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel and won't be near the 'ideal' gear for a while, possibly ever with all the 'links/support gems' you have listed. Is there a general guide on what I should 'aim' for with gem colours/links? I've watched your gearing up video in regards to stats/evasion etc advice, was helpful!

Lastly, as mentioned above - playstytle at early levels/leveling up is alot different to where you are now - I was wondering if you could give some guidelines to us newcomers. For example, what skills should we be using through Normal etc as we havern't gained alot of the endgame skills/traps required to be as destructive as you haha. I mean all I have atm is Spark :P lol.

Again, thanks so much for everything - hope you will see this :).

First off I would like to say, Thank you ahead of time for going through all the trouble to find the information on the skill gems, I'll definitely throw it into a sub section of the guide if you would like me to.

In terms of leveling gems i'll state the most important ( IMO )

Ethereal Knives ( obtained via Mud flats with shadow )
Fire Trap ( Obtained after hillock on shadow )
Bear Trap ( Early Scion Reward )
Lightning Trap ( brutus Reward, you must buy one of these )
Clarity ( brutus Reward, you must buy one of these )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on when you can't just spam ek and face tank

use Trap on EK to help single target with bear trap,
Lightning trap + Fire trap should be doing all your AoE damage. If your weapon really sucks throw in another Trapped skill gem to help yourself AoE clear, ( Ice Nova is a Good Example )
You'll now have 3 AoE's ( Fire Trap, Ice Nova / Cold Snap, Lightning Trap )
Additionally you'll have 2 Main single target skills ( Bear trap, Ethereal Knives )

Ele Weakness IS your AoE damage curse
Enfeeb is your Defensive Curse
Vuln Isn't really needed, it's more for party play
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you progress further you'll start to pay more and more importance to links, so here is what I did

4 Link = Bear Trap, Added Fire, EK + Trap
3 Link ( Weapon ) +2 Fire Gems, Fire Trap, Multi Trap, Fire Pen
4 Link ( Chest ) Ice Nova, Trap, Lightning Trap, multi Trap

I really didn't use much else while leveling aside from your typical Auras that you'll run. I was also a bit crazy and ran Blood magic Clarity to sustain my mana when it was needed. I hope this helps and remember this is what I used for leveling.

In terms of gear, trappers are extremely easy to satisfy. HP / resists on all gear, Mana regen on your acc's + Hp + Resists if possible.
Make sure your boots roll with Movement Speed, or just buy the unique trapper boots for like 3 Chaos.
Weapon, aim for +2 To gems for leveling, it makes a huge impact.
Shield is going to be an Evasion shield with life + Resists to get maximum benefit off IR
I like to run 1 Bubbling or Seething Flask, 1 Overtime Flask, 1 Quicksilver & 2 Mana pots for end game, early game I would take 3 hp pots Or, 2 Hp pots & a Jade.

Spoiler

I hope this information has helped, and sorry for the delayed response!
"
Inkarnit wrote:
So I just came back to the game after many months away. I created a Scion on Domination and am going by this guide. Being on Domination with no stash, I am very limited by my gems and gear. I was hoping I could post my stuff here with some advice on what to aim for/swap out. I find myself running out of mana quickly. Any advice is appreciated. I am level 40, just beat Normal difficulty.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcVIBg8HpQqTSzpLagzeD8nRnFKfUrIVvpaUls9W7tnoGwWcFF0QXfXfrCDCYPbh3aQDZMnkzqbXaiarD-xkLQMt9a9J85x2FTbWdxX3Q3yl_no_Ev8xQ==

Roll your mana Flask until You get a " Saturated Mana Flask " It should do wonders for you, also work on trying to get + Mana on your gear, as maximum mana increases Mana regen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info