Fork

Does anyone know how fork works with regards to applying elemental statuses?
For example, if I have 20% chance to shock on hit, will that chance roll once per use of a skill that forks, or will it roll 3 times - the initial hit, and the two forking projectiles?
On Hit is always rolled separately for each hit.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Thanks
"
Vipermagi wrote:
'Increased' is additive; 'Less' is multiplicative.

Let's say you deal 100 damage and have +100% Increased Projectile damage (this would leave you at 200 damage). At level zero, adding Fork works out as follows:
100 * (1 + (100/100)) * 0.7 = 140

You now level Fork further, and it adds +30% Increased Projectile damage.
100 * (1 + (100/100) + (30/100)) * 0.7 = 161

Due to the order in which the modifiers are applied, the negative effect is much stronger than the positive bonus. It's working as intended :)

I've been reading the forums trying to figure out why my fork gem isn't correctly applying its damage stats correctly. I have a fork gem level 16 which reads "30% increase projectile damage" and " 30% Less projectile damage" as it reads should cancel out, i.e. no impact.

The above equations quoted make sense, and seems to be what is been applied however, this is not what is been indicated on the gem.

They should use the following equation to calculate damage in this instance:

A = B + (B*(I+D))

where;
A= Final DPS
B = Base Damage
I = Increase in dps (%) i.e 30% = 0.3
D = Decrease in dps (%) i.e -30% = -0.3

Can this be sorted out, my totems are suffering badly =P

Last edited by Corzan on Mar 29, 2013, 8:40:34 AM
"
Shlitz wrote:
I'm just curious about the mechanics of this. If a spell forks, do the extra projectiles crit the same as the original? Or do the forks reroll the crit chance? And if the second one, would each fork reroll individually?

I'm currently trying a Sparks/crit build and I'm wondering if one crit from sparks with fork would stack 9 shocks if they all hit. Could be a little op if so.

Went through the hole thread, but found no answer to that.
Mechanics would be nice, but an simple - "Yes, the forked projectiles can / cannot crit" would suffice.
Thx!

Edit:

"
Vipermagi wrote:

On Hit means "crit", too?
Most ING @ KnotOpt
Last edited by BbigTree on Apr 3, 2013, 1:51:41 PM
a crit roll is applied on an entire skill when it is used (spell or attack). it is then compared to each separate struck foe's counter, plus a second hit chance roll.

this is exact same as normal, except spread out (and unsimplified because of it?).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
a crit roll is applied on an entire skill when it is used (spell or attack). it is then compared to each separate struck foe's counter, plus a second hit chance roll.

this is exact same as normal, except spread out (and unsimplified because of it?).

So if the spell crits (one or all projectiles), then all forks of it will crit, if they hit an mob?
Most ING @ KnotOpt
"(one or all projectiles)"
It'll always be all projectiles :) The entire skill activation uses the same Crit roll, including Forks and Chains.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"(one or all projectiles)"
It'll always be all projectiles :) The entire skill activation uses the same Crit roll, including Forks and Chains.

Perfect, thank you!
Most ING @ KnotOpt
Hi

Mark_GG
"
Fork can apply to projectiles. Freezing Pulse is one.
There may be ways in future to allow it to fork.

Wish I read this before I tried it and then came over here to see if it was a bug but it is a intentional ''quirk''

Fork does not fork when projectile pierces yet will show up in screen as if it did apply,ex: Freezing pulse, new Lightning trap, etc..

Mark_GG I am curious as to why this mechanic is intentional with piercing abilities and fork?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info