Fork

The 'problem' is that Molten Strike's Projectiles land on the ground, and any continuation (Pierce, Fork, Chain) would put them underground.
It seems pretty clear that nobody is willing to pay the hit to single target damage that multi targeting support gems like chain and fork impose. Of these sorts of gems, only Pierce and LMP/GMP see any use; LMP and GMP make targeting much easier (which helps even against single targets), and Pierce has no damage penalty.

To solve this, I think that the damage penalties of Fork and Chain should not apply to the initial targets of the skill. Mana multipliers and damage penalties/multipliers for subsequent targets can be adjusted to reflect the increase in utility.

Alternatively, Fork and Chain could be balanced by becoming a percentage chance proc on hit like Pierce, instead of imposing a damage penalty.

GGG seems to be committed to making sure that all options are 'interesting choices'. I think such an opportunity present itself here; the projectile support meta is pretty stale at the moment, and this could liven things up.
Quod efficax non stultum
The angle on fork just makes it God awful for any projectiles that don't have a duration and some kind of randomized or seeking travel mechanic. As fast as I know, basically just spark.

The fork angle just kills this gem no matter how you fix it, that angle has to go down. You take a penalty to fire two more projectiles off into the distance not doing anything. It'd be much better with a random angle; at least there'd be a CHANCE the forks could actually hit something.

That also fits thematically. You have chain, which is self targeting and has the highest damage penalty as a result. Then Pierce, which is controlled but not 100% on the gem and has no penalty, and then fork which is random as hell but should come (IMO) with a slight damage buff.

So you might gets forks into two projectiles at independent random angles up to 45 degrees in either direction, and then get like 5% more projectile damaged @lvl 1 with .5% per level or so.
Pierce is a direct upgrade to this support gem in terms of getting projectiles through packs and Chain does aoe overlapping better. Although a neat concept it still has little practical application.
Perhaps fork can auto seek in a cone like frost blades.
This:
"
DeSgeretjin wrote:

will recover Fork from its current no-use state.

Suggestion:
- Rename Fork to Splinter.

Splinter Support
Support, Projectile
Mana Multiplier: 150%
Supported Projectile Skills Splinter (on hitting enemy the projectile splinters onto 3 secondary homing projectiles that choose differrent targets within 90 degree angle behind hitted enemy)
Secondary Projectiles deal (35-26)% less Projectile Damage

Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
This:
"
DeSgeretjin wrote:

will recover Fork from its current no-use state.

Suggestion:
- Rename Fork to Splinter.

Splinter Support
Support, Projectile
Mana Multiplier: 150%
Supported Projectile Skills Splinter (on hitting enemy the projectile splinters onto 3 secondary homing projectiles that choose differrent targets within 90 degree angle behind hitted enemy)
Secondary Projectiles deal (35-26)% less Projectile Damage

Good Idea. I like it. I was thinking how all projectiles build would benefit with a support gem like this.
I agree with previous speakers. Currently this gem is worthless. It even does more damage reduction at low levels then LMP and harder to use.

I this it will be good if damage reduction will apply only to secondary targets and frostblades-like homing sounds nice. Or possible more forked projectiles per level.
hello hello,

Hello
I want to say something because I think the I Need to think About it but if nobody reads this ist also ok.

how About make in poe fork a support gem thet let the projectiles fork where the Cursor is and not when they hit Targets, this would be petty funny stuff, not like a funny bum but more like a funny zöing (Sound of projs forking) maby reult in mutch higer dms from skills against single target before it hit the target is split to 2 arrows both hit the enemy equals double Damage (Big brain)and a goot clear skill for ist power to split early and more arrow in more directions, also there would be a Problem solved, no tornadoshot maby, other skills, but the (less Damage tag up to lvl 50 is not very effective because paired with greater multiple projectiles it makes not enough Damage unless intense gear scaling, not beginner freindly)
but I dont wanna compain About this so mutch becasue ist a nice supp gem for Exiles. it was just a Idea.
A
The Fortify Support gem doesn't seem to be working with Ancestral Bond. The gem says that "melee hits fortify", but that doesn't seem to be happening at all. And, unless I'm mistaken, it should be happening. After all, it's melee hits and not melee damage that supposedly procs Fortify.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
Last edited by Gruentod on Oct 27, 2021, 8:17:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info