Fork

I love fork, its kinda awesome but its inability to hit shit is too big in my opinion. Right now it looks like when your attack hits and fork, the spread on the forked projectile fly out of the target you just hit at about 45 degrees which I think is too much. I think the angle at which the forked projectile come out of the target should get reduced by 10-15 degrees. That way it actually hits targets surrounding it more often.
Then its not complete shit when you're in a tight place like submerged passage or any similar place where it hits the wall immediately after fork occurs.
Its always in the last place you look
Last edited by Verb on Nov 12, 2012, 5:50:19 PM
I personally think that the wide angle is what makes fork fork.
It allows EK to have multiple knives hit multiple enemies that are side by side, instead of in a line away from the caster.
And it limits it's power. If it could reliable hit targets roughly behind the primary, then why would anyone use pierce?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
I have tried this with my Poing Blank/Chin sol ranger and it seems to me like the forked projectiles aren't subject to point blank. Anyone else tried this?
You mean, not affected at all, or affected differently?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
"
vankeris wrote:
I have tried this with my Poing Blank/Chin sol ranger and it seems to me like the forked projectiles aren't subject to point blank. Anyone else tried this?
Forked/chained projectiles currently count the point they forked/chained form as their origin. This may change in future.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
vankeris wrote:
Forked/chained projectiles currently count the point they forked/chained form as their origin. This may change in future.

I haven't tested this to develop an opinion on balance, but currently I enjoy the idea of counting the point of contact from the original projectile as the point of origin for the forks. Not based entirely on things we already have, but things yet to come as well.. Creating a point of origin on contact creates an entirely new instance of the spell/skill used, which I (naively) imagine to be much more dynamic in build application than if it were otherwise treated as the same spell/skill just split in two.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I haven't tested this to develop an opinion on balance, but currently I enjoy the idea of counting the point of contact from the original projectile as the point of origin for the forks. Not based entirely on things we already have, but things yet to come as well.. Creating a point of origin on contact creates an entirely new instance of the spell/skill used, which I (naively) imagine to be much more dynamic in build application than if it were otherwise treated as the same spell/skill just split in two.
Except that in pretty much every other way it is treated as the same thing split in two, and that's the intent.
A chained projectile is supposed to represent the same thing moving from target to target, not lots of different projectiles one after the other. Similarly, a forked projectile is thematically one projectile splitting into two, not two brand new projectiles.
Well, then it really shouldn't count as multiple crits for the purpose of surgeons flasks, and neither should double strike.
Or do AOE attacks count multiple times as well when they hit multiple targets?

The currect mechanic allows players to shoot a weak long ranged shot to deal excessive damage to a group from a distance, which is a very nice option that might not reach the ridiculous power of deaths harp, but still allow for interesting builds and give Chin Sol a broader use.
Zaanus:

___
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Well, then it really shouldn't count as multiple crits for the purpose of surgeons flasks, and neither should double strike.
No, it shouldn't. Are you saying it does - if so that's a bug. Double-strike definitely didn't used to have that bug, has it regressed?

EDIT: Testing with an infinite diamond flask indicates that neither Double Strike nor Forked projectiles count as separate skill crits for Surgeon's flasks, as intended.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 4, 2012, 6:41:23 PM
I might have somehow mistaken this comment, then.
Or was that recently changed?

Still, it'd be nice to have a synergy of chain/fork and PB.
Zaanus:

___
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Dec 4, 2012, 8:06:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info