Fire Penetration

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
A bit OT but does this mean the burning ground from fire trap will trigger IIR now or is that still excluded?
All degen from skills should work, including degen ground effects like fire trap and poison arrow.

Awesome, cheers for the response.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Hello.

I have doubts with the mechanic of various support gems so correct me if i have something wrong.

I do 100 physical damage per hit with one skill.

If i link that skill with Add Fire Damage Lvl 20 i will do:

100 physical damage per hit.
39 fire damage per hit.

If that Add Fire Damage is Lvl 20 Q20 i will do:

44,85 fire damage per hit.

If i link both gems with a Fire Penetration Gem Lvl 20 Q20 i will do:

48,75 fire damage per hit with 35% fire penetration.

Is it right?

Greetings and sorry for my english.
Check my humble shop. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281727
Last edited by dblancot on Dec 4, 2013, 5:46:40 AM
Level 20 Added Fire Damage adds 39% of Physical as Fire.
Your math is correct otherwise, though.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Delirii wrote:
Level 20 Added Fire Damage adds 39% of Physical as Fire.
Your math is correct otherwise, though.

Fixed.

Thanks so much.
Check my humble shop. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281727
I have a question. My main skill is Fire Trap. I want to add Elementa l Equilibrium for more damage to it. I'm planning to add another skill ex. arc + added cold damage. And the question is - If I add fire penetration to my arc + added cold damage will the fire trap benefit from it?

"
Fobetor wrote:
I have a question. My main skill is Fire Trap. I want to add Elementa l Equilibrium for more damage to it. I'm planning to add another skill ex. arc + added cold damage. And the question is - If I add fire penetration to my arc + added cold damage will the fire trap benefit from it?

no, arc is not dealing any fire damage. fire penetration is not a buff, it is an on the moment calculation done at the time of connecting with foe.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 5, 2013, 4:52:15 AM
Does it mean that High Explosives node (top right Shadow trap node) in the tree do not work with fire trap too?

To be precise, will High Explosives
1) decrease enemy fire resistance during explosion?
2) decrease enemy fire resistance during burning time, if target was ignited by explosion?
3) decrease enemy fire resistance during life degeneration from fire ground, after explosion?
IGN @Ostropalca
Last edited by Evantis on Jan 5, 2014, 9:10:27 PM
it should only work on the explosion portion.
Noting that burns still double dipping on fire resist not being counteracted by this is somewhat tragic.

Playing any burn based build is vulnerable to ridiculous feast or famine (for an easy comparison, test a burn proliferation build in fellshrine and compare kill speeds on zombie rares to non rare fire resistant skeletons) which is frequently unmitigable through curses.
Any possibility of this getting to link with Righteous Fire? I think it is very counter-intuitive, that it does not.
IGN: Pirteloli

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info