Fire Penetration

"
Overstacked resistances are ignored.

Thanks for that info. Would be very tough, but not impossible depending on how resistances beyond 100 is going to work. Somehow increasing burning damage instead would seem more feasible when your resistance is at 100 anyway.

-edit nvm i misread-
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 24, 2012, 12:53:15 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If FP would pierce your own resists, Righteous Fire becomes almost impossible to use as a damage source. Note that FP does not work like the Resistance Curses; Penetration subtracts its value from the *final* resistance. Overstacked resistances are ignored. Trying to maintain RF when your Fire Resist sits at 60 is... Pretty rough. :P

If I read this right it *might* answer my question, but anyway:

Can the penetration from this gem (as well as the lightning/cold versions) pierce the resistance into the negative? For example, if I use this with a fire attack/spell, and I hit a target who has no fire resist with Flammability for say, -30% fire resist, and then use this gem for say -17%, will the target have -30% or -47% in the end?

I know Flammability and the other curses like this will put the target in negatives due to the "Vulnerable to __" line that they add to the mobs, but I don't know if this penetration gem also does the same?
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Penetration can also push resistances into the negatives, yes.
It will not add the Vulnerable-to line since it's on a per-hit basis, though :) (for clarity's sake)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 28, 2013, 10:10:36 PM
So someone correct me if I'm wrong. Fire penetration support with fireball would NOT make the burn from a fireball that ignites do any sort of penetration?
IGN: IamThePuddingInTheNight
burn is DoT, penetrate only work on hit. thus the burning does not benefit from this support. burning will still be somewhat stronger because the hit that caused the burning is boosted (the fire damage).
What is going to happen if I link 'fire penetration' with 'added fire demage' and sweep? And if my weapon has built in fire demage? Does Fire penetration work on built in weapon fire demage and fire demage gained from 'added fire dmg' gem? thx
Hate community since Aug A.D.2012. Distrust developer since 0.11.0.
Last edited by el_hombre_loco on Feb 15, 2013, 2:33:18 PM
fire penetration lowers the fire res of the foe. it'll technically still work even if you don't deal fire damage. you get benefit for any and all fire damage because the foe has less resistance to it.
"
kabo0se wrote:
So someone correct me if I'm wrong. Fire penetration support with fireball would NOT make the burn from a fireball that ignites do any sort of penetration?

The ignite is a separate effect, but more damage on your fire ball means stronger ignites when they occour
"
heatzz wrote:
Does linking this gem with Raise/Summon Minions works with Minion Stability?

Would like to know that too, as in, confirmed by a Dev. Currently using that but it's hard to notice anything with all the hidden variables.

<edit>
The wiki lists it as working http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Minion_Instability
... is not a troll
Last edited by trollkind on Feb 17, 2013, 8:25:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info