Devouring Totem

"
AveiMil wrote:
Questions I have about Devouring Totem:

• Is the rate it consumses corpses affected by cast speed?
  • If the devouring totem is re-cast, is the corpses (charges) the previous gained lost?
  • If you've killed a group of monsters, place a Devouring Totem and run away on the other side of the map to take a bit of damage, does it still leech life to you or is there a maximum range involved?

[li]The rate is actually affected by your killing speed :) [/li]
[li]Corpse won't become lost as dropped items in a map.[/li]
[li]Totems have maximum range(about 1 screen for devouring totems I think.[/li]
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Hi
The skill does not work with corpses, if the monster was dominated before they died. Should i post this on bug report? Or is it intended?
InG:
FFran
he only thing that annoys me with this totem is that it only really benefits no-leech builds, since anything that can leech already caps out the rate for life and mana. The mana cap especially is pretty brutal at 10% (a lower value) of your max mana pool (also a lower value than HP for most if not all builds).

Basically this seems to solve a problem that doesn't exist - not being able to hit leech rate caps - instead of actually providing a benefit in terms of augmenting that resource flow frontside that find it insufficient. I just don't see much if a use for it, and maybe that's why I've never once seen anyone toss it out in game.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
he only thing that annoys me with this totem is that it only really benefits no-leech builds, since anything that can leech already caps out the rate for life and mana. The mana cap especially is pretty brutal at 10% (a lower value) of your max mana pool (also a lower value than HP for most if not all builds).

Basically this seems to solve a problem that doesn't exist - not being able to hit leech rate caps - instead of actually providing a benefit in terms of augmenting that resource flow frontside that find it insufficient. I just don't see much if a use for it, and maybe that's why I've never once seen anyone toss it out in game.
everyone benefits as long as you don't reach max hp/mp. "overflow" leeching due to gaining more than the "cap" is simply given over time. the cap is actually a rate, which is given over time, sometimes sooner due to maximums of respective pools, sometimes slower for same reason.
I know, but anything over the per second cap is effectively wasted anyway, since it doesn't affect the ratio of utilization/restoration which is all that really matters in practical application. Doesn't change the fact that if I have a 50 mana skill that attacks twice per second it's literally impossible to leech enough mana to sustain its use if I only have 400 max mana, especially considering that you've probably got 70-90% of that amount reserved for auras.
I'm thinking about supporting this with Cast on Melee kill, when I get there. Anyone try it yet?
The silent majority.
this is an interesting idea, cast on melee kill. hmmm
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
it wont work, cos you have to link cast on meele kill to spell that you kill. So you will waste two support gems to cast thist totem.
IGN: Rajukku (standart)
IGN: Kritulin (Nemesis)
I play a Marauder with high armor + block in Nemesis Merciless. I am facing the Weaver, soon. The Weaver does heavy chaos damage and I don't have any resistance to it. I thought about using the Devouring Totem (DT) to keep me alive since I can kill a lot of the small spiders fast.

Does anybody has some exp. with this setup. How much life is needed (I have around 3500 HP)? Does DT consume corpses fast enough?

Does "faster casting" affect the corpse eating speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info