Devouring Totem

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.

GEMS COMING SOON
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2021, 9:50:57 PM
If you have Ghost Reaver, it should be checking your ES rather than your life for fullness to determine whether to cast - if it's not that's a bug, but it seemed to work in testing.
It should never cast when your life (or ES if you have Ghost Reaver) is full, as you cannot possibly gain benefit from the leech then, so it would be wasting the corpses.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 11, 2012, 10:23:09 PM
"
TurtMcGurt wrote:
I don't think this has been asked before* so I'll ask: does the leech from this skill scale with the buff effect nodes?

*I ctrl+f'ed for 'buff' on each page and didn't find anything of use.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Leech is not a Buff, so, no...

To clarify a little more, things which count as "buffs" will always have a visible icon in the upper left of the screen with the green border on it. Red border is Debuffs, and from memory I believe flask effects have a gold border, and there's just a generic border for stuff like skill counters for reave, charges, etc which don't fall into any category.
Someone will correct me if I got the flask border colour wrong, I'm sure.

"
Segaia wrote:
1) If I have gloves with Vorici's signature mod which give me +40% Life Leech Rate will it affect the Devouring Totem?
Yes. Totems use your skills, which area affected by your stats.

"
Segaia wrote:
2) If I link a life leech or mana leech gem with 20% quality on my devouring totem will the increased life and mana leech rate be applied?
No. The leech support gems are set to support skills that do damage, because the base effect of the gem (damage leeched as life) requires damage to work. So the support will not apply to this skill. In general, which skills a support can apply to are determined by the main effect of the support, not the quality effect (if that's different), leading to a few corner-cases like this where the quality could apply but does not because the gem as a whole doesn't work with that skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 8, 2015, 9:35:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info