Devouring Totem

I has question, does life leech of devourong totem stack with regular life leech from your atacks, so you get 20% of your max health per sec replenish two times for 40% life regen speed or does only life regen amount stack?
Last edited by LaughingManCZ on Mar 16, 2015, 6:05:26 AM
can anyone tell me why life leeched by the devour totem doesn't get converted to es when you have ghost reaver?

edit:never mind, it does.
Last edited by svnhddbst on Mar 28, 2015, 4:03:52 PM
I don't think this has been asked before* so I'll ask: does the leech from this skill scale with the buff effect nodes?

*I ctrl+f'ed for 'buff' on each page and didn't find anything of use.
Leech is not a Buff, so, no...
"
TurtMcGurt wrote:
I don't think this has been asked before* so I'll ask: does the leech from this skill scale with the buff effect nodes?

*I ctrl+f'ed for 'buff' on each page and didn't find anything of use.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Leech is not a Buff, so, no...

To clarify a little more, things which count as "buffs" will always have a visible icon in the upper left of the screen with the green border on it. Red border is Debuffs, and from memory I believe flask effects have a gold border, and there's just a generic border for stuff like skill counters for reave, charges, etc which don't fall into any category.
Someone will correct me if I got the flask border colour wrong, I'm sure.

"
Segaia wrote:
1) If I have gloves with Vorici's signature mod which give me +40% Life Leech Rate will it affect the Devouring Totem?
Yes. Totems use your skills, which area affected by your stats.

"
Segaia wrote:
2) If I link a life leech or mana leech gem with 20% quality on my devouring totem will the increased life and mana leech rate be applied?
No. The leech support gems are set to support skills that do damage, because the base effect of the gem (damage leeched as life) requires damage to work. So the support will not apply to this skill. In general, which skills a support can apply to are determined by the main effect of the support, not the quality effect (if that's different), leading to a few corner-cases like this where the quality could apply but does not because the gem as a whole doesn't work with that skill.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 8, 2015, 9:35:19 PM
With The Awakening changes to leech, Does the leech from this totem acts as single source with 2% maximum leech per second ? Or to the global 20% maximum leech cap ?
Also, Is every tick is a source ?

Maybe I'm not getting how the new leech mechanic work after all..

Edit: to clear up my concern, does leech (and its stacks) stops/expires if you reach full health (and then drop again) ?
Last edited by Hohoz on Jul 4, 2015, 11:28:54 PM
interested in using this totem but NO idea how the hp 'leeched' by these totems
applies w new leech changes. anyone?
I think Devouring totem is not uptodate with present state of game. By this I mean that alot of defensive mechanics in this game are to counter the present "1-shot meta"... The gem offers very little or next to none benefits in this Meta.

If I could suggest id like to see Devouring revamped to something that helps you counter Boss-1shot-mechanics. Like: You could make devouring totem give you additional boost to Global Defense abit like Lightning coil or Taste of Hate does; this from Devouring corpses ofcourse.

This way there would be incentive to actualy spend the time micromanaging the totem in boss fights - or in hard pack situations.

Maybe even possibly give it an effect where it gives an offensive buff too. Like "Onslaught" that gets refreshed from every corpse devoured; or something along these lines.

Best
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Feb 6, 2016, 11:51:28 PM
I think it just needs to go back to how it was before, able to heal players from screens away.
Ever since they patched up the radius, no one ever uses it anymore.
"
LaughingManCZ wrote:
I has question, does life leech of devourong totem stack with regular life leech from your atacks, so you can get 20% of your max health per sec two times for 40% life per sec regen speed or does only life regen amount stack?

bump It would be really nice to know this, I guess it should work (so with totem you gain faster life regen even when you hit 20% cap from your attacks) since enchantment give +% leech per second and devouring totem regen flat number this would do literaly nothing if it work same as regular "attack increased life leech per second" that increase max default rate of 2% of that character's maximum health per second per instance.
Last edited by LaughingManCZ on Mar 22, 2017, 5:57:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info