Arc

"
I just wanted to add my experience here. By far my best build is a ci dual totem arc witch (could just as easily be a templar. I've taken many damage nodes, given that I'm not in harms way very much. If you have a big pack, throw in some lightning traps, for bosses I cast some skeletons. I play mostly self found as I dislike the effort required in trading. I'm not too experienced with maps, but so far the only 66 I've had much trouble with is temp chains maps. I ran solaris 2 several times today and it was a breeze. For dual totem, I believe arc to be strong enough and much prefer it over spork.

When I was leveling, pre 1.0 and before totems I did have alot of problems with the manacost.

I have the exact same build, only instead of lightning traps I throw out arc traps, and make totems through a mine. So both arcs benefit from all the trap and mine nodes.
this may be a bug:
arc cannot hit guys in sceptre of god that make hemisphere anti-projectile shield
afaik that shield should block only projectiles, and arc is not projectile, but I may be wrong
"
squiddy286 wrote:
afaik that shield should block only projectiles
No, it blocks any damage coming from outside the shield.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
squiddy286 wrote:
afaik that shield should block only projectiles
No, it blocks any damage coming from outside the shield.

Another reason to use arc traps.
"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Kaskar wrote:

How hard is this to make from scratch?

Pretty hard. First it is completely based on the unique Sunblast belt. Second you need at least a 4L that is BGGR to start with the traps and a 5L BBGGR to have it as a mine. Third you have to get the new reduced duration gem, which so far is a little rare.

"
Kaskar wrote:

Also I humbly ask you to post build in build section.

I'll just post here:

That's basically everything you would want to pick up. It's unrealistic to pick up everything until very late lvlv's so just decide yourself which clusters you think are more important to get first, but in the long run these are all the ones you want.
Also for the rest of the points you basically decide whether you want energy shield or health, and invest in those.
\

What kind of build is that? It has zero surviivability, lol.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"

yeah, lol build ))
IGN: Aqur
First Arc has the same problem as all lightning spells: ths stupidly low minimum damage.
There must be a game somewhere in history, where they thought "hey, it must must MUST be different to fire/cold/air/whatever element". And since then every game copies this nonsense :(. The only effective effect is, that lightning spells are extremly random! You might oneshot a boss or need several minutes only becouse of bad damage rolls.
This is NOT cool!

The second problem is it's bad synergy with suport gems.
If you add lesser multiple projectiles to Fireball, you effectivly gain ALOT of damage. No matter if singel target or multi target. Even at level 1! Each projectile might to 30% less damage, but you now fire 3 which all can hit a singel target when you are close enough. So you get 3*70% = 210% damage against a singel target. And all this for only 50% more mana. A simple no-brainer.

And Arc? Chain for 100% more mana and 50% less damage. So against a singel target it is a lose-lose case. Even against multi targets it's 99% of the time a lose-lose as you would be faster without Chain becouse of normal damage AND you will not have the manaproblems as with chain.

In addition most fire- and cold-spells can make profit from in-/decrease AoE suport gems/passive. Means you have many more options with Fireball/Arctic Breath then with Arc.
LMP + Concentrate Effect + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration and you gain a very nice 5-link spell against singel AND multi target. The 6th link can be Iron Will or whatever.

For Arc LMP/GMP/CE/IAoE are all useless which limits the posible builds.

Ways to fix Arc:
- get right of this stupidly low minimum damage. Deversity is cool, but sometimes deversity by any means just hurt!
- let it work with LMP/GMP/Fork. Sure, it will become a mass-destructor ... but what's the problem with this?? Spectral throw + GMP or Dual/Double Strike + Multihit + Melee Splas are allready far more effective against packs then Arc ever can be!
Firestorm, Frostnova and Shocknova are allready a bad joke compared to all the melee-AoE since Multihit + Melee Splash. And now the new OP melee joke is Cast on Critical! Spectral Throw + GMP + Cast on Crit == ROFL!
- strength it's singel target abilitys by adding sometink like "If there is no target to jump to after the first hit it charges the target with electricity. After 3 charges it overloads in a massive strike which does 600% damage".

600% might might ask? YES!
Normaly you hit 3 targets. Now you hit only one and as it can't jump anymore all the energy must go somewhere ;). 1 target has to take the damage from all 3 posible hits. As it strikes after 3 hits it's 2*3 = 6. Shiny littly BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT :).
maybe devs think arc should be more of utility spell?

with 20% quality you have 20% chance to shock enemy, add 20% from static blows cluster, 5% from shadow starting tree = 45% shock chance without conductivity and quality added lightning

45% chance to shock + ele prolif + innate chain + (maybe) dual totem and you shock packs like crazy even without crits, go spork-like crit build and you shock them even more, so with ele prolif you have kind of aoe - in form of shock stacking even before your arc hit them

well, thats how i see it, dunno if recent buff will make arc an efficient skill in terms of clearing speed
Last edited by squiddy286 on Nov 2, 2013, 2:07:03 PM
Dual Totem Arc seems to be the key, but if you don't go dual totem, then what spell is best to use with Arc? I seriously can't think of any. Also, the random nature of the skill makes me shudder if an elemental reflect mob is near by.

Just sayin.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"

I left points for surviveability and you don't really have to pick up everything, I just highlighted the best options.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info