Arc

"
HentS01 wrote:
So what is the exactly working proccess? The game get a randomized number in the 100% scale, halved it and this dmg hit every 3 target! Or the game get the 50% amount of the full dmg and randomize in this interval 3 times(every time when it hit a target)?
the second situation.
the 50% damage modifier is because it can hit multiple foes.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 23, 2013, 11:20:40 AM
I'm curious about what the DEV team think about arc! I think most of the players agree that arc should be powered, or the mana cost should be cuted back! Because atm arc is a very expensive avarage dmg spell! If somebody built a lightning witch that person didn't have a proper mid/far ranged attack!
Last edited by HentS01 on Feb 24, 2013, 3:16:00 AM
Please get rid of Arc

Implement CHAIN LIGHTNING.

The rest of the 'end-game' content will be available along with a heap of new stuff when the game launches in a few months time. From what I've seen it's going to be awesome. - Michael_GGG
What I don't like about arc, is that it is just an underpowered spell version of Lightning Arrow : for the same role (inflicting shock status and hitting multiple target) LA has a much better damage progression (damage based on weapon, weapon elemental damage support, increased weapon elemental damage nodes, aura), can life or mana leech thanks to it physical damage component, can be linked to LMP/GMP and has a really lower base mana cost. The only advantages of Arc I can think right now is that it can't be avoided, and to a very lesser extent the increased range of the bouncing beetween targets.

Sometimes I really wonder why when they add new damage spell GGG feel the need to pre-nerf it...
Arc can also Leech; that's why the Leech gem is so neat.

Elemental damage on weapons in general is just *better*. We know that already. Similarly, it's well known that Freezing Pulse is the best Spell.

Still, for WED builds, the Static Blows cluster is way out in nowhere land, and LA does not have built-in Shock chance any more. It's not particularly good for spreading Shock without Crits, and even then Arc spouts more Shock stacks.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 25, 2013, 10:02:57 AM
To me it just feels way to expensive atm.
1194 Dps with

Mana cost: 68!
If i change iron will with life leech it skyjump to 88 ...
▄█▀█▀█
I think two modification should be neccessary! First of all, decreasing the mana cost with 20%, and get rid of the 50% damage penality when you hit only one target! I think 32 mana cost for the base(lvl20) spell still high, but at least reasonable, and with support gems you can still manage it! And erasing the 50% dmg penality when hit a single target is must be I think; now if you hit a single target, you lost 66% of your dmg 'couse you lost 2 chain!
Wait... I thought the 50% damage effectiveness modifier only effected things like added chaos damage, not the spell itself.

Edit: I should also note that I don't have trouble killing things in A3 cruel at lvl 59 using an unmodified arc. It is in a +2 lightning gem item though.
Last edited by Thakog on Feb 26, 2013, 10:10:06 AM
I have to say that Arc needs a small boost somewhere. Maybe create a spark every time it hits an enemy? This would boost chain as well.

I am currently dual arcing:

I have about 1900 dps with my main arc (3 bounces) but only 325 with the spell totem (5 bounces).

Mana usage per second is about 170 (2.6 casts per second). If I were to replace item rarity and quantity gems with dmg mods I would get up to 2200 dps.

The cost to get here was horrendous but I now have enough dps for most maps thanks to extreme shock stacking and conductivity. I am pretty sure though that I could get far more dps with the same equip and one of those OP-spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info