Arc

Strange to see so many people having trouble with this skill, in normal even. It absolutely destroyed in Normal and Cruel and it only got slightly difficult when fighting against Lightning Resistant or Elemental Resistant mobs in Act 2 Merciless, but even they weren´t a real problem in the end as I got past that and will be entering Act 3 shortly.

Mana also hasn´t been a problem while using clarity. If I use it in rapid succession, I do eventually have to use a manapot charge, but I kill a lot faster with it to refill charges than that I use charges.
Domination:
Lvl 58 Power Siphon Witch
Last edited by SeikenZ on Jan 30, 2013, 11:38:33 AM
There should be a priority. First target all enemies and AFTER THAT detroy pots and baskets etc.

Maybe there is one after further looks into it.

But i noticed another bug:
At level 14 the tool tip says something like 24-453 dmg, but in the character sheet it says 24-485 (or vice versa i can't remember). Now at lvl 15 it's correct again.
Last edited by lusttropfen on Jan 31, 2013, 11:04:50 AM
Would anyone know how Arc's chance to shock scales with passives?

Say, Static Blows increases the chance by 10%; is that 10%[Arc]+10%[Static Blows]=20% total, or rather 10%+(10%*0.1)=11%?
Last edited by Quakespeare on Jan 31, 2013, 12:04:07 PM
"
Quakespeare wrote:
Would anyone know how Arc's chance to shock scales with passives?

Say, Static Blows increases the chance by 10%; is that 10%[Arc]+10%[Static Blows]=20% total, or rather 10%+(10%*0.1)=11%?

Chance to shock is additive. You can get like 25% out of passives. 5% from near the Shadow start area, and 10 and 10 from north of the Witch's area.

Between this 25%, base spell chance, and added chance from Quality gems and Conductivity, you have a pretty solid ~50% chance to Shock, barring criticals.
Thank you!

Quite good news indeed.
it only got 50% of it's damage but I notice that you need the 3 shock to get it back to glory of 120%?

with shock give 25% for just casting spell with the 3 passives

shadow build with 375 % from passive (this is inklusive the 150 % base)
60% dagger
gem (rank 10 Increased Critical Strikes for 90%)
for 425 %crit chance
but for the hell of it lets say 4 power charges for 300% (each power charge give only 2% more crit on arch

arc have 4 % crit chance so
4*8.25 = 33
33 +25 = 58 %

so we can get total of shock chance of 58 % (not consider gear that give more crit chance)

throw in Elemental Proliferation(this is what make it a deal breaker) and we say 3 enemys for ice the cake and all get hit so you get 58 % x 3 chanses to get it per cast (the second and third jump can trigger it? or shock part only trigg), you only need to hit 1 of them and you shocked everyone in the radius of that gem level as it make the shock a debuff aura out from that target

so it be easy to build up shock (and if lucky even get all 3 stack up on 1 arc, and I don't want to say it be uncomon to get 2 stack up on a arc)

so it easy to counter the 58% and it is very reasonable nerf because of 1 detail I forgot to mention , in the build I could make 315% total personal critical multiplier, so you can do some really nasty damage for a 0.8 damage (this is with a "reasonable defense" but with IC where a must sadly)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBBUIOSA_EES8RUBGWE54WQBpsHNwfAilPLJwspiy_LR8ucDbFN2Y3gzgbO3w74UGWRKtG10yzUDBVrlqmXcZd8l8qY0NmT2e9bRlwUnDVdYp2EXzOfjN-r3_GgUmCEIKbhX2IQohri3qLjIw2jRmPRo-mkc-TJ5mam6Gdo52uoqOkkabrpwinK66zsji0OLUEtYW297jKu9bAUcBUwbTBxcHzw23Q0NQF1U_YJNte3MfdjN5337DgEuFz4vfjhOQR5CLk7OUZ5oHquutj6-TsGO0g7m_yHfLh8-r79fyr

just smacked a spec to be edge of "reasonable" defense and arc heavy build, playable is not the point but to show the point of arc dangerous part

but to show how powerfull arc can be and reason behind the nerf (take away that 50% reduction+ prenerf CI(50% more IS) you can see why it got heavy nerfbat

it can still do some damage, but now that I look back at it It probley just beter to spec it fire if you want more damage , I check over if I did some wrong tommorow to tired:P

Last edited by Freakymudcrab on Jan 31, 2013, 3:33:59 PM
Arc is chaining to environment furniture.

Please fix it so it chains only to creatures.
I use arc to break barrels....

If you're going to do a change, make it so only targeting barrels will chain it to another barrels.
Alice_of_Wraeclast - Dagger CI Witch
Alice_MadnessReturns - Molten Strike AoF witch
Flavour Build concept taken from Alice: Madness Returns
Im a bit disappointed in the Spell, although I dont have high lvl experience with it.

I liked the fundamentals of the Spell, a Chain Lightning. I like it, BUT I tried a new char that focuses on Lightning Dmg, I somehow see myself using Spark way more even though I dont rly like that Spell.

Spark has a higher Chance to crit.
Spark has a shorter casting time.
Spark is a Projectile.
Spark costs less mana.

I tried to play both spells in a way that I would use Spark against a big group (with Fork etc) and Arc versus smaller groups/single targets but somehow Spark is, at least at the moment, better versus any amount of enemies. Maybe it'll change with higher levels (im in Act 2 Normal, Level 27). The hope remains that its just this way because my Arc is maybe underleveled or something, but still it feels weird, they should (imo) differentiate from one another a little more ;x.

The post Below this one emphasizes the problem even more (if hes right) since Chain is the only Support gem that would allow more enemies to be hit by the Spell(since MP doesnt work with Arc).
Last edited by Daumen on Feb 1, 2013, 4:38:08 AM
Hello Mark,

Can you check my math about ARC spell because now i found linking ARC with chain support gem like DMG lose. What is lil bit strange especialy when its like only support gem for that spell what is changing mechanic, while for every other spell its gain.

So we have there 3 spells:
1 single target shot (read STS) with 500 dmg = 500 dmg sum
1 Lighting strike with 500 dmg per projectil = 1500 dmg sum
1 ARC with 500 dmg per hit = 1500 dmg sum

Now we apply chain support gem (50% less damage):
1 STS going from 500 to 250+250+250 = 750 dmg = 150% DMG done
1 LS projectils going from 500/projectil to (250+250+250)*3 = 2250 = 150%
1 ARC going from 500/per hit to 250+250+250+250+250 = 1250 = 80%

If we wanna normalize ARC with other spells it would need chain for every hit what ARC doing what is 250+250+250+250+250+250+250+250+250 = 2250

So is my math incorrect, or this spell is basicaly unfairly nerfed vs any other spell there.

PS:Sry for engrish not native speaker :)
▄█▀█▀█
Last edited by Madus on Feb 1, 2013, 3:36:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info