Arc

"
Waves_blade wrote:
Things I've noticed about Arc: (Not build feedback, just general comments for other players)

It will auto-target enemies for you, even if you click on the other side of the screen on a blank spot, it will hit the enemy closest to you if they are within a certain distance. this also works for targeting the ground near an enemy, it will just target the enemy. Same with holding shift to try to aim your arc.

Arc can bounce of of the cairn rock things.

Arc CANNOT be paired with Fork (I was hoping it could be, just saying this for people to recognize).

Arc can chain to the same target twice (not in a row), hits the first, bounces to the other, then bounces back (can still occure with 3+ monsters) The chain has no effect single target.

Shift + Arc can be used to hit things offscreen.

Arc does not seem to be able to chain to enemies outside your field of view/cast. AKA around a corner or on the other side of a wall. (Example below)

enemy
------- enemy
you

Cannot be paired with LMP/GMP *edited in since someone asked*

Arc will chain around corners provided there is line of sight between enemys and they are within range of each other.
Traveling in a fried-out combie, On a hippie trail head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, She took me in and gave me breakfast,
And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?, Where women glow and men plunder?"
Last edited by SunandSteel71 on Jan 11, 2013, 6:02:09 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The DPS display doesn't account for the Chains nor the Shock stacks (you are using Static Blows, right?).

I know about chains and shock stacks. I'm actually ok with damage, what I don't like is the mana cost.
"
dspair wrote:
Do I absolutely have to use it with reduced mana cost and mana leech?

The only way i made my arc usable and semi-spammable is to link it with lightning penetration, chain and mana leech.
My las support gem is item rarity cuz it has no mana multiplier, sometimes i change it to critical damage, but that way mana cos is about 180 per cast and 0.49 cast speed.
Unavailable
IGN: Zarbis, ArcIsBad
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
dspair wrote:
Still trying...
I made a minion witch and mana cost at mid-high levels is just ridiculous.
Unavailable

Level 11 Arc + Lightning Penetration + Faster Casting = 103 mana/sec
That's just 2 supports. It's not even that powerful, character screen says 308 dps (I'm level 50).

That set up is perfect for a spell totem, which helps to off set the high manna cost, also you might want some spell damage increase states on you gear...... At that level i rolled a blue wand with 56% increase spell damage, just used alts, which are in abundant, until i got stats i wanted..... This will help your dps with no extra cost to manna.
Traveling in a fried-out combie, On a hippie trail head full of zombie.
I met a strange lady, she made me nervous, She took me in and gave me breakfast,
And she said, "Do you come from a land down under?, Where women glow and men plunder?"
"
That set up is perfect for a spell totem, which helps to off set the high manna cost, also you might want some spell damage increase states on you gear...... At that level i rolled a blue wand with 56% increase spell damage, just used alts, which are in abundant, until i got stats i wanted..... This will help your dps with no extra cost to manna.

Thats really not the point here, you can always increase dps with gear...

Due to the high base cost, the mana-cost of arc really is sky-rocketing if you link it with anything.
I really like the spell, but the manacost has to be reduced. Spark is many times more effective, as you can link it more often and are still able to spam it trice as long. At least in my case, lvl 44. But i dont think it will get any better for arc later on.
Unavailable

xanap, just link it with spelltotem and u have no problems with manacost for spamming it...
(and yes ... that chest is bad lol (need more chaos orbs))
Regarding the manacost, i did not really find it problematic. Sure in low-lowmid levels the manacost is daunting, however i also did not find the damage of arc that impressive compared to spark, especially since there is little risk in coming up close to mobs.

However since midgame when i took chaos inoculation and replaced the health pots with mana pots and took +extra % mana recovery from flasks, i was able to fulltime chug pots and spam upgraded arc with no problem, really. Which actually made merciless difficulty surprisingly easy.

So, in short, i really don't think mana cost should be reduced, unless maybe at early game if developers want to see more 1-70 arc action...

This is the setup i have been using for long ass time, i know it's far from optimal, but i think it shows that high damage arc is viable even without mana leech or reduced mana cost.

Unavailable
Last edited by Daemonsoul on Jan 16, 2013, 3:00:45 AM
I run arc with lightning penetration and added crit chance. I use clarity and i have very few mana problems because my mana regen is over 100. I am level 60 witch.

I have 7 zombies and 2 ghosts that follow me around. I have taken all the shocks that i can and i have 6 gcps on arc because that also increases the chance to shock. So i am stacking about 33% chance to shock. When i shock the target my mob then takes them down in seconds, even rare bosses.

I am very hard to kill, but there is a tradeoff because i can not run through levels like others. I must wait for my mob to go around and kill everything. So it is slow but very strong.

Actually, i would like to submit my build to build of the week before the wipe, how do i do that?
Last edited by SupaMonkey on Jan 16, 2013, 6:18:32 AM
"
Zarbis wrote:
"
dspair wrote:

The only way i made my arc usable and semi-spammable is to link it with lightning penetration, chain and mana leech.
My las support gem is item rarity cuz it has no mana multiplier, sometimes i change it to critical damage, but that way mana cos is about 180 per cast and 0.49 cast speed.
Unavailable

useable and semi spammable
in a 6 link.

useable.

if you have a skill gem in a 6 link by itself with nothing but 5 supports, it needs to obliterate everything every time you cast it, like spark or freezing pulse does in that slot.

arc is awful. i really wish it wasn't, but it is just absolutely horrible, it needs to chain 5 times by default or do about 30% more damage base, possibly with an additional chunk of % dmg added on if it doesn't chain so you can effectively use it against single targets without feeling like an idiot.
"
SupaMonkey wrote:
I run arc with lightning penetration and added crit chance. I use clarity and i have very few mana problems because my mana regen is over 100. I am level 60 witch.

I have 7 zombies and 2 ghosts that follow me around. I have taken all the shocks that i can and i have 6 gcps on arc because that also increases the chance to shock. So i am stacking about 33% chance to shock. When i shock the target my mob then takes them down in seconds, even rare bosses.

I am very hard to kill, but there is a tradeoff because i can not run through levels like others. I must wait for my mob to go around and kill everything. So it is slow but very strong.

Actually, i would like to submit my build to build of the week before the wipe, how do i do that?

you just described every summoning build ever, with the slight modification of using arc specifically to shock stuff.

just use shock nova for that, and never dump 6 gcp's into a non quality gem man, could've just bought a 14+% quality gem for 4-5 of em easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info