=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

"
Junkx wrote:

yup exactly - my tree is very similar except im dual wield. curious though, why do you use all the melee damage on full life stuff?

I'm always on full life so why not
Ageel-85 Max Range AoE Cyclone Duelist // 487665
FrenziedRengar-88 64k dps 911% ias Frenzy Ranger // 472040
Turtle Standard Shop // 556188

BUYING +1 FRENZY CHARGE CORRUPTED STUFF T-T
"
Wugue wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:

yup exactly - my tree is very similar except im dual wield. curious though, why do you use all the melee damage on full life stuff?

I'm always on full life so why not

can't argue with that!

i'll post my full build and gear and explain why i have what i have. it will probably be long and stuff but i'll post it shortly
Trying to incorporate the template into some sort of MF Explosive Arrow build, not really working out.

Anyone have success with a MF build based on this template?
So I'm a noob, but usually pretty good at theorycrafting in RPGs. This looks like a good base to build on and is just what I'm looking for since I wasn't entirely happy about my first character.

I'd like some input however since my confidence with this game isn't exactly top notch as I have yet to play through Cruel difficulty. Would this build work at higher levels?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-7g4a2_ljveY-z1FHMHx_K9aKjb8FtdQj3ajGojBxS3g6Qgzypcsj9u_wWkiquKp_jX02Ped0YeKH25P8rs-mf-1B6461SM3q6NabJjIBshnPet3n1RzmiIO9cHIDh5VmBLFMYFb6_MW3FziWZ6CHdkp9dEEUdTrtwdgOrUOcwYus6tP8GNt08dRSBu6XcGMXLIVaGrZBNJNjcO_jvqfSTcAPEdVDMRvIfpoDAOXFIWDBB9d-NDUSIF6Lz_hAoJ65704otSo4YIhhUhuqiO1tSoE6P3oYTXhJZ4Ai6kTS8loltQIR
"
Mortac wrote:
So I'm a noob, but usually pretty good at theorycrafting in RPGs. This looks like a good base to build on and is just what I'm looking for since I wasn't entirely happy about my first character.

I'd like some input however since my confidence with this game isn't exactly top notch as I have yet to play through Cruel difficulty. Would this build work at higher levels?

check the first page 2nd post. im going to post my build - that is VERY similar to my build. which works #!@$ing amazing.
I'm very new to the game and recently decided to re-roll after massively failing the act 2 boss multiple times. (I hadn't really picked any defensive skills at all in the passive tree and had gunned for straight damage, meaning the lasers kept two-shotting me!) Spamming frenzy and split shot was working really well for me up until this point.

Now that I know a bit more about the game I want to take the same approach but with acrobatics in mind as my first "big goal". I was working on the same build idea and came up with this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLcFafU_sihpOHbJP3nVNUAFfA6WAR-hxkF-aOKmyYyAbIZz3ro1s3qBbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkI=

Do I miss too much out on life by deviating like this? I was then going to transition into piercing arrows and go down for some crit chance stuff.

This is my new planned end-game build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-fXX-urvjxKLcFafU_sihpOHbJP3nVNUAFfA6WAR-hxkF-aOKmyYyAbIZz3ro1s3qBbXUI92oxqIwcUt4OkIM8qXL-WO95j7PUUczDP4rGdX_3p8nMHxv8jnUoJ9Nkn8r1oox-nb3yql4riLqayTKj9pk8EKV6V_hFRqxMIbOd9T5Vg==

End-game as in, "I have no idea where I'll want to take this build once I reach this point". Like I said, I'm brand spankin' new so a any advice would help.
Last edited by fluffyburrito on Oct 29, 2013, 12:06:04 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this game, so I'm a little lost. Like Faldrath I'd like to build an LA Ranger based on avoidance.

In Faldrath's three (here) he only takes a few damage nodes. Instead he goes all the way to the left side of the Skill Tree.

I don't understand why. Sure I see some nice skills there, like Catalyse, but to get there he has to take many Strengh nodes which aren't good afaik. Isn't it more effective to stay on the ranger side of the three and take what we have there ?

I've design that.

I don't know if resolute technique is a must have, if not, I could get some Elemental résist and life instead.

Some advice would be appreciated.

EDIT : And about gems, something like :

- 6L : LA - Lesser multiple projectile - Life on Hit - Blood Magic - Faster Projectile - Weapon Elemental Damage

- 3L for Auras : Reduced Mana - Grace - Hatred

- 4-6L : Frenzy - Life Leach - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attacks (- Faster Projectile - Blood Magic)

- Some CC to stay alive : Spell Totem - Summon Skeleton - Faster Casting and a Decoy Totem
Last edited by Allexiel67 on Oct 29, 2013, 12:58:01 AM
Yea theres alot of projectile damage nodes on the ranger side that are better than the elemental nodes, i think you're better picking up them in most cases rather than heading to the tempest area.
"
Allexiel67 wrote:
Hello,

I'm new to this game, so I'm a little lost. Like Faldrath I'd like to build an LA Ranger based on avoidance.

In Faldrath's three (here) he only takes a few damage nodes. Instead he goes all the way to the left side of the Skill Tree.

I don't understand why. Sure I see some nice skills there, like Catalyse, but to get there he has to take many Strengh nodes which aren't good afaik. Isn't it more effective to stay on the ranger side of the three and take what we have there ?

Heh, I understand what you mean. But I did give context in my post - I used to have a build based on Petrov's Static Blows LA ranger, which did already go all the way to the left through RT and then up to Static Blows and Inner Force. As I play self-found, I don't have amazing gear, and what gear I have has no crit or accuracy to speak of, so I needed RT anyway - which is why I still go all the way to the left.

But yes, if you're designing a brand new ranger, it's probably best to stay in the ranger tree and go physical.

My build is working well, as I said. It's not as easy nor as powerful as the previous one (I really could use a couple of 6L!), but I still can do everything I used to do. I haven't tried merc Dominus yet, though, nor maps above 70.
Can you clear 1 thing up for me, I dont understand how you maintain mana before your unique axe? Say early the game mostly. Are you running high level clarity or something or do you link with a mana leech and that seems to be enough?

At lvl 30 just running frenzy with melee splash im OOM in seconds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info