=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

I am a little confused because 100% avoidance seems too easy.

Lets say...

34% block chance
40% Dodge chance
and on average for me right now, 40% Evade.

That would be over 100% correct? Even without those boots?
Now I am no number person but you can't add them up like that. It will be more like a roll, something like this:
50% evade = 50% chance of getting through
40% dodge = 50% of the evade gets through and 60% out of the first 50% surpasses this roll.

So really, that should be 30% chance of getting hit if I am not mistaken.

Sorry if it does not make sense but I have not slept for a while now.
Hello,

Playing around with the skill tree based on what i currently have and this post, this is the tree one i made: Ranger Skill Tree.

It's my first time playing and i'm currently around lvl 30, so i don't know how good this is.

If i'm not mistaken, the tree gives you around 165% critical strike chance and 155% multiplier which would mean a total of 13,25% chance to inflict 382,5% of your normal damage and knock them back. That combined with split arrow, or lightning arrow with fork and lesser multiple projectiles, and possibly arrow piercing (plus the 35% of the passive) would translate to, i believe, a good amount of crits. (I don't know if quality increases only dmg or also crit. chance)

I also have no idea if all 120 points can be used unless you take all the quest points, like the bandits, or if it counts something else, but i built it with all just in case.

I'm not a fan of frenzy so far, that's why i didn't include it in there. If you have any suggestions, please go ahead since i'm trying to get a fairly good build on my first try.

Thanks!
"
slvl wrote:
I am a little confused because 100% avoidance seems too easy.

Lets say...

34% block chance
40% Dodge chance
and on average for me right now, 40% Evade.

That would be over 100% correct? Even without those boots?

its impossible to get 100% avoidance. i'll use my characters numbers as examples.

i have 48% evasion
56% dodge
50% block

that equals, 1 - (1-48% * 1-56% * 1-50%) = 88.6% chance to avoid damage. this is without considering blind from bringer or rain/support gem/smoke mine. as well as more accuracy reduction from enfeeble, if you want to overkill it.
with them being blind i'd have a 97.14% chance to avoid all damage, and with enfeeble on there as well it turns into 99.43% chance to avoid damage.

this does however have less effect vs bosses, and im not sure by how much. as you can see though...ya...
Have a build like this
passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DhwR-BLEFLQW1CC4M8hEeFfAZjhrbG60hAyP2JpUshTBxMHw2PTiWOkI6WDqzPeI-z0CgR35I7kp9S3hMYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21oaWkhbr2BLYeJlTWXxZ6Bqk217bml07XVOeK55SHrvfXV_K4TZhO-HGYd2h9uNfY2_lWaZK5uDm42euaXLpn-qf6q4q8Wsr6_rsbO1SLZBtxe7fL2Bvea-p8APxqLSTdN-1CPV7daK3Q3dqOd06xTtQe2D7g7v8Plj_MX-ug==

more details
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/472040
Ageel-85 Max Range AoE Cyclone Duelist // 487665
FrenziedRengar-88 64k dps 911% ias Frenzy Ranger // 472040
Turtle Standard Shop // 556188

BUYING +1 FRENZY CHARGE CORRUPTED STUFF T-T
"
Wugue wrote:
Have a build like this
passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DhwR-BLEFLQW1CC4M8hEeFfAZjhrbG60hAyP2JpUshTBxMHw2PTiWOkI6WDqzPeI-z0CgR35I7kp9S3hMYE4qUUdT31VLVvpY21oaWkhbr2BLYeJlTWXxZ6Bqk217bml07XVOeK55SHrvfXV_K4TZhO-HGYd2h9uNfY2_lWaZK5uDm42euaXLpn-qf6q4q8Wsr6_rsbO1SLZBtxe7fL2Bvea-p8APxqLSTdN-1CPV7daK3Q3dqOd06xTtQe2D7g7v8Plj_MX-ug==

more details
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/472040

yup exactly - my tree is very similar except im dual wield. curious though, why do you use all the melee damage on full life stuff?
Hi,
im completly new to PoE and play on Nemesis. I want to play a Ranger using Bows. Your Thread gave me confidence that i can run that with high evasion and Acrobatics.

The question i have though is that I always hear "Vaal Pact" is very important.SInce its really far away in the skilltree, I really need to know if its important for this build so I can plan my skilltree better.

This is how i imagine my Bow Ranger:

Also is Bow viable for HC or should i rather go Spectral Throw with shield(what about stun then)?
so .. let's say 40+16 = 56% chances dodge
60% chances evade
45% chances block ( more would mean a big investment with the rest here ).

that makes : 0.56*0.6*0.45 = 0.15, so 85% chance not to take a hit.
Even though GGG's mechanic is not pure RNG based, on the long run, this should still be right.

You will most likely get hit once every 7 hits.

And you say "I do not get hit" ? please ......

blind makes it approximately 5% chance to hit for mobs, there we got something much stronger, but you can't just blind everything without loosing either damage or clear speed, and it does not just blind everything at once.

My main char is a melee evasion based since IR nerf, I can't use Acrobatics without gimping myself though, so I'm using a shield. And when I tank big packs of mobs ( let's say 30 or them, with maybe half magic/physic ), I do get hit, and I do feel it, fortunately I have a good life leech to sustain hit and I have nice chances to avoid getting stunned.

Evasion can work as a defense mechanic, but it is not OP nor the best at all.
And I don't think I would try it in HC either, I have not failed with my evasion version of my build in SC yet ( lvl 82 atm ), but this seems really risky to go through the whole game like that.

And endurance charges are not good against physical damage if you don't have any mitigation already, they are not efficient. Endurance charges shine where you already have some mitigation ( this will work for you much better when it's about magic dmg ), not starting from 0. The only reason to take them against physical dmg here would be against huge hits ( like Khole's for example ) where armor is meh.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Oct 28, 2013, 7:33:35 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
You will most likely get hit once every 7 hits.

And you say "I do not get hit" ? please ......

i don't get hit often. i recognize reflect mobs by noticing my hp move, how? because nothing else moves my hp bar except bosses. this is my personal build im talking about now, which does stem from that foundation build in the original post.
also keep in mind nothing survives long enough to actually try to hit me 7 times. and by that time they are DEFINITELY blinded. if i stand still in a group of 10 or so melee people, i will get hit a couple of times eventually. if i blind them then no they do not hit me.
against ranged? i can afk in front of firing squads

against a blinded ranged rare or something, the chance to avoid damage is 99.73%. with enfeeble also? 99.945%

"
blind makes it approximately 5% chance to hit for mobs, there we got something much stronger, but you can't just blind everything without loosing either damage or clear speed, and it does not just blind everything at once.

sure you can. i run BoR though so i can just jump into a pack of mobs and start attacking. at 16.5 attacks per second and melee splash everything is instantly blinded. i don't care about anything outside of melee range, nothing ranged can hit me anyway. you can do the same with just a blind gem, or pretty close to the same by just using a quality enfeeble.

"
And endurance charges are not good against physical damage if you don't have any mitigation already, they are not efficient. Endurance charges shine where you already have some mitigation ( this will work for you much better when it's about magic dmg ), not starting from 0. The only reason to take them against physical dmg here would be against huge hits ( like Khole's for example ) where armor is meh.

i completely disagree - endurance charges are good against physical damage regardless if you have 0% physical reduction or 70% physical reduction. the reason? because endurance charges add a flat physical reduction, 4% per charge.
compare it to molten shell which adds flat armor. thats great if you're armor build and have a lot of +% armor, that scales with moltens giving you a lot of armor/% reduction. As evasion, especially with acrobatics, molten shell adds dick all because you have no +% armor nodes, so the flat armor actually only adds what...couple % of reduction, even less after acrobatics cuts it in half.
endurance charges are a guaranteed 12% physical reduction.
Last edited by iRace82 on Oct 28, 2013, 1:48:32 PM
So JunKx, what is your full build/gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info