=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

yea i followd ur hpbumup
and had the same xd

went from 3.7k to 4.4k
as a ranger
passiv tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QR-BbUILgzyDkgPqxGWFfAZjhn-GwEc3CF2I_YkPCT9JpUnqTBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCOlg-z0lRSn1LeFFHVUtW-lpIWm1f4WHiY0NnoGskbWxte2_ycFJwu3DVdEF293fXfXV_An8rf8aGzocZh3aIa4w2jX2Nv5UFlembjZ2jnaqgn6Gkpcum4Kc0p1yn1Kp_qriv67EwtUi7473mwFHEosaiyqnTftQj1QDWitnG3BXdqOHb44TnVOd07YPuDu_w8ELxdvPq-WP8q_zF_rr-yA==

gear:
Spoiler
Just wanted to post some thoughts on combining Dodge with Rearguard unique quiver:

This quiver seems to be made for armor/IR bow users, however you can still use it with high evasion and Dodge to get the highest possible damage avoidance on a bow character:

Rearguard: up to 24% chance to block, up to 15% chance to block spells

Stone of Lazhwar: applies 50% of block chance to spells = 15% + 0.5x24% = 27% chance to block spells

Atziri's Step: up to 16% chance to dodge spells

Acrobatics: 40% chance to dodge attacks

Phase Acrobatics: 30% chance to dodge spells = 46% chance to dodge spells with Atziri's Step

Combining this you get:
Chance to avoid attack damage = 1 - [ (1-0.4)x(1-0.24) ] = 54% chance to avoid attack damage
Chance to avoid spell damage = 1 - [ (1-0.46)x(1-0.27) ] = 61% chance to avoid spell damage

This is pretty insane for a ranged character. Being able to play at range means that the majority of physical attacks do not even reach you, so on top of that you have 54% chance to avoid all attacks, and then for spells you have 61% chance to avoid spell damage - which is OP for a bow user.

Heck, you might even make this into a pure Point Blank character since you have such high damage avoidance you can easily play up close without taking much damage.

You can also use Rainbowstrides instead of Atziri's Step for the spell block instead of spell dodge, but you will only reach 54% chance to avoid spell damage vs. 61% with Atziri's Step.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the insane Block Recovery this item has: 50%

If you maybe grab the 50% block recovery by Scion, 2x 40% block recovery by Duelist, and then the Ranger's 40% block recovery = 220% increased block recovery! This takes down your block recovery to almost a third of the default 350ms - i.e. you will be block recovering nearly 3x times faster than with no block recovery @ ~109ms. Downside to this is that you have to get a few unapplicable shield block nodes on the way to the Scion's block recovery and Ranger's recovery nodes.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 6, 2014, 8:14:41 AM
hmm

Ceryneian that is insane actually, for a ranged character.
i have a crit puncture ranger at i think its 55 right now sitting in the wind but i've always wanted to utilize a character to have point blank i just haven't figured the proper build out for it yet.

buuut...this could help make up my mind with it. point blank only works on projectile attacks, and projectile attacks need bows, so which attack do you think would be best for point blank build with so much damage mitigation?
also you miscalculated the physical mitigation a bit because you forgot to include evasion and only calculated based on dodge and block! you'd have up to 77% physical mitigation with 50% evade (easy to get with grace) and even more with enfeeble or blind vs troublesome bosses/rogues.

hmm point blank, close range projectiles...rain of arrows? it technically isn't a projectile attack but +projectile damage works with it so i assume point blank would too.
I never used a shield in this game, so I can´t figure "how good" is that exclusive 20% chance to block. I´m a ES/IR user (no acrobatics). What would be the defensive impact of this quiver on my character?
"
junaum wrote:
I never used a shield in this game, so I can´t figure "how good" is that exclusive 20% chance to block. I´m a ES/IR user (no acrobatics). What would be the defensive impact of this quiver on my character?

not much. for the 20% chance to block its literally just 20% chance to avoid damage, but since you have IR you're still going to take all damage that doesn't get blocked. so you probably won't see much of an improvement.
as for spell damage, since you have no block you don't have spell block and since you have no spell block the flat 15% chance as well as atziri steps 16% dodge (best scenario) you'd be looking at a 29% chance to avoid spell damage. again not very big but this would be more noticeable than the attack block
"
Junkx wrote:
"
junaum wrote:

not much. for the 20% chance to block its literally just 20% chance to avoid damage, but since you have IR you're still going to take all damage that doesn't get blocked. so you probably won't see much of an improvement.
as for spell damage, since you have no block you don't have spell block and since you have no spell block the flat 15% chance as well as atziri steps 16% dodge (best scenario) you'd be looking at a 29% chance to avoid spell damage. again not very big but this would be more noticeable than the attack block

Would it be a more noticeable improvement if I droped IR and gone Evasion for defense? (even without acrobatics, as I use ES/CI).
"
junaum wrote:
Would it be a more noticeable improvement if I droped IR and gone Evasion for defense? (even without acrobatics, as I use ES/CI).

not by much, depends on your evasion rate. but even if say you have 40% evasion you can spec into ondar's guile which is a humungous help. BUT with just 40% evasion and 20% block you still only have a 52% chance to avoid damage. so you'd be taking damage basically 50% of the time for a lot more dmg than what you're taking now.
again though vs all projectile attacks that would turn into 84% chance to avoid all dmg.

if you did get acrobatics. with 40% evade 40% dodge and 20% block you'd have 71% chance to avoid dmg.
so its all kind of based upon what your evasion would be. obviously if you're CI you can't use acrobatics so ya you're probably better off sticking with IR. im not sure the quiver would be a great addition for you defensively, except maybe the spell mitigation.

there is a balance that kind of needs to be made in a build. either you have low defenses but kill super quickly, or you kill slowly and need more defenses to survive that added time. so if you think you can kill things faster with a better DPS quiver, so much so they can't reach you to hit you, then the block on that unique quiver would not be worth a swap over.

alternatively you can always blind/enfeeble (reduced accuracy) any trouble melee rare/rogue/boss
Last edited by iRace82 on Apr 8, 2014, 8:56:11 AM
I'm currently leveling up with pretty much your build, except modified for 60+ block and spell block, but I thought I'd try to make a DW frenzy wander build. It could actually be pretty decent, especially with dual wielding buffs that are likely to come. (Mark mentioned it, let's hope it'll happen)

Anyways, this is the build, the only problem is that it requires 2 phys wands. Also having over 4.5 APS with a 1.1 APS wand might be a problem mana wise, but it should be able to leech and regen enough.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHVeXYEER1b6nbmnv44TZxLhjcGVN1fg0k0d-tkGrxU4qWhpbr90N0O78xfejVvpnoGJ57g6HdhX2Gtsj9kp9AAb5Y-_wveYV8FpIPs_nVDpYUUfVAAR-qriNvzMMhxmqfwW1GdWNfQzy1CP_3qXL3ag2PcaiiGswceOES3gOSMBRY0M6QhGWpzSdqvPqnaNwu3_GYqxwUha__KvZE6KjJ6nWnYfbL2_B8w_EWm2T_GHiSoyCHjt8JDyuz1eH2wu4yqdc646ArklRtUj67217ogRVS4w2JpU=
What is this.. 4th account? Here since May 2012.

Switching to another account for this ladder
Last edited by Freesland2 on Apr 8, 2014, 10:51:33 AM
ya more than a couple times i've tried to figure out a wander tree - i just don't like how difficult wands are to acquire.
it would be absolutely amazing if dual wield got more buffs. that would be insane, and great. also i may swap to a leather belt for +40 hp more down the line for even FURTHER optimization/higher defense because just noticed my rustic sash really only gives like 1.3k dps which is basically nothing. i'd much rather prefer 140 more health.

i found a decent leather belt and it only gives me 30 more base health but because of my higher %hp it gives me 105 more total hp. it doesn't give what i need in resistances tho but in the future i may try to craft a double hp tri res leather belt, if i can muster up some currency.

i would absolutely fall over laughing if i could get this build up to 5,500 hp, which is about the max i could get it to.

im also tampering around right now with dropping hatred for haste (or w/e other aura i want to run). i lose about 9k dps but again dps is not a giant issue. what it does do is allow my lightning dmg to go thru so when i crit i get shock stacks which obviously ups my dps quite a bit. yes my crit is only 5% but when you attack at 21 atks/sec you are guaranteed to shock any boss that can stand for more than half a second.
ok im going to try a new setup for awhile to compare the survivability.

heres the new gear
Spoiler

im putting my CWDT back on my soul taker, keeping immortal call but had to get rid of increased duration. i'll need to test this.
but this allows me to run 3x purity without any aura reservation nodes and just a reduced mana. this will allow me to overcap my res which will make elemental weakness maps a lot more tolerable, and give me 79% max fire/cold resistance. this will help vs atziri when i try her, and against any freezing mobs.
the belt gives a big boost in HP, max HP of 5,162 now and still need an hp roll on my one ring which i'll craft whenever i can. so i should end up with 5400ish hp when thats over.

all im giving up is hatred aura which is about 9k AoE dmg. with melee splash im still sitting at just over 26k dps, so still fine but im going to roll with melee damage at full life instead of melee splash for awhile, which puts me at 42k dps.

my vaal double strike shadow suffers from the dps drop from hatred the most, going from over 200k total dps down to 158k. BUT that shadow is really just gravy anyway. it really has no place of use inside any normal map or boss other than extra unneeded DPS, but i have a feeling will be good vs ppl like atziri to either help against her healing adds or just against her for more damage done.

so this is the set up i'll test for a little while and see if i can compare. more hp, more resistances and technically more dps but not AoE capable. shouldn't be a problem. i anticipate this will become my perm loadout
Last edited by iRace82 on Apr 9, 2014, 10:05:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info