=[1.1.3]= The New Overpowered (UPDATED!) New Build HERE!

im going to start posting videos. the first one is up, tho just a fun video, lol.

i'll be looking obtain some fun maps and difficult maps and high level maps in order to video just to show off what the build can do and how fun it is to play. the videos will be in the 2nd post on the first page, under my personal build description
"
Junkx wrote:
im going to start posting videos. the first one is up, tho just a fun video, lol.

i'll be looking obtain some fun maps and difficult maps and high level maps in order to video just to show off what the build can do and how fun it is to play. the videos will be in the 2nd post on the first page, under my personal build description

Could you link your real gear? You're obviously not using white swords :D
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:

Could you link your real gear? You're obviously not using white swords :D

oh weird, it posted my swap set....interesting. ya updated
I'm looking to do a build like this however I'm still a relatively new player and I doubt I'll be able to buy a ton of really nice items and stuff. I can get the Vectors but that's about it at the moment. Can it still work without a ton of unique gear is basically what I want to know.
"
simpleMystery wrote:
I'm looking to do a build like this however I'm still a relatively new player and I doubt I'll be able to buy a ton of really nice items and stuff. I can get the Vectors but that's about it at the moment. Can it still work without a ton of unique gear is basically what I want to know.

it is, thats what the first post is about. its a template which gives you a base defense that basically cannot be beat.
my build is not replicable without exactly what i have, which is obviously very expensive. but you can be a bow ranger and still base your defense on hp/evade/dodge. you can be a duelist, you can be a trapper, you can be a freakin wander and still do it.

basically you just figure out what type of playstyle you want, what skill gem you want to base your build off of then plan your build/gear.
just figuring out some math. with my proposed build for my duelist, which now i want to get rolling ASAP after doing this math.

with 40% dodge (figure using blood dance for the regen) and 50% evasion (we'll say 40% vs bosses because they have higher accuracy). even without block your base avoidance to physical damage would be 70% vs mobs and 64% vs bosses. add in the blind from BoR and this DRASTICALLY reduces chance to avoid damage to 88% basic and 84% vs bosses. add in a final enfeeble factor (max reduced accuracy of 95%) and you're looking at 97% to avoid vs basic and 96% to avoid physical damage from bosses.

even without 60% dodge or any block you're basically immune to physical damage. in turn you gain much more mitigation towards spell damage. with max spell block of 75% and 30% spell dodge you're looking at a flat 83% chance to avoid all spell damage.

how does that compare to my current build? well my current build can have 60% dodge, 46% evasion (with grace) and 54% block. Versus physical damage this gives me a base 90% chance to avoid physical damage. add in blind and now its 96%. add in enfeeble on top and my max physical damage avoidance chance becomes an insane 99%.
with 27% spell block and 30% spell dodge i have a 49% chance to avoid spell damage.

obviously i am currently overkill with the physical damage mitigation and could use much more spell damage mitigation.
im excited to get my duelist off the ground. i seriously think it will be the best mitigational build in the game. it will probably merit more enfeeble use, vs physical damage bosses anyway, but that is no problem at all. we have the curse for a reason, might as well use it. and as the numbers suggest, as soon as they are blind even with only 40% dodge and 50% evasion you just will not get hit. 4% chance. lets say even a 10% chance to hit. if they don't hit you on the first swing they won't hit you period.

edit: forgot to do against ranged!!
ok so my current defenses with grace vs projectile attacks is a base chance to avoid damage of 97.8%. adding blind and enfeeble make this 99% again but you don't really go higher because of the guaranteed 5% hit chance. you can't have higher than 95% evasion. so 0.05*0.4*0.46 = 0.0092. 1-.0092 = 99.08% chance to avoid damage
Last edited by iRace82 on Mar 31, 2014, 1:31:52 PM
can u link your new very interesting duelist tree plan
for level 90?? :) ty
"
draud wrote:
can u link your new very interesting duelist tree plan
for level 90?? :) ty

sure, level 90 will look something like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZWNtT35uDhO907XrvYEsFLUCgnrlaGluv3Q38xWegh3ZKfVb67g4j9u_wWkga20juG614rtN--WO95j7PUUequKp_jX0wfH8r1oqNvwW11CPdqMaiMHFLeDpCDPKly-sUNj3ndGHih9umf-1BsbO1SG17VUu3FziWJpVOKrZBQzEbyF4TdU4RHhXwOlgEfocZ6NabJjIBshnPeu96IuqbtRmK-wn22hqPLOkVIIPb_EvOcWwWfXX-ut9v0uqUrWXwAF4Zju2DCC6bjQ==

i think 107 is actually level 91 but i guess it depends what you take for rewards but i would take +40 hp, phys dmg or point, frenzy charge.
my current duelist has endurance charge but when i come around to getting 20 regrets im going to turn it into the frenzy
Starting the new build tomorrow! 9 Frenzy Charge, using Blood Magic Gem.

Gear I got so far:
Spoiler

Will get a 60% Spell Block Rath, BoR (Frenzy/Splash/Multistrike/Blood Magic).
Boots will be Whirling Blade/Faster Attacks/PCoC/Endurance on Stun

Tree:

Will keep you posted how it goes. I'll be running Blood Rage for Leech, and will have enough Regen to cover Blood Magic and then some.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 1, 2014, 3:01:04 AM
looks interesting CantripN. though i don't see a blood magic gem in your set up. when you're building up i suggest you consider flicker strike too since you'll have 9 frenzy. you should still be able to keep the charges up pretty high tho so im sure you'll keep the regen.

flicker strike has crit chance as its quality bonus, which is awesome, and its not as mana intensive (tho still higher than other skills). you might be able to maintain it on mana with 6% leech, 2 from tree and 2x 2% from rings. i'd definitely consider it anyway.

as for my duelist, i got the saffell's. right now hes only lvl 74 so i can't see the build working fully yet but it is very effective still.
im pretty sure blood dance boots without LGoH is superior to even my +2 frenzy darkray vectors. the only thing is my lightning res isn't maxed that way until i get lightning res on my belt.
at the moment i don't have all the skill points needed to get all my hp nodes so my regen isn't as high as it will be but i think down the line blood dance will be much better overall. its more dps since i don't need to socket LGoH AND gives that massive damage boost when mobs are low life.

i need to rethink my vaal double strike set up however. since my attack speed is nowhere near on my ranger my leap slam is terrible so i MUST socket it with faster attacks. this means i have to run vaal double strike in my shield, so 3 sockets only. im thinking VDS, culling strike and item rarity maybe. would help with farming bosses anyway

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info