[0.9.13] Show us your interesting PvE/PvP characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

Name: wanderwitch

Build: wandslinger

lvl72

Gear: This is my 4th character this ladder, basically only the wand is decent, everything else is common junk. There is no specific reason why I am using these uniques, except I really don't have anything better atm. Still I have cleared a lvl67 map with no problems whatsoever.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Main skill:

Power siphon + Chain + Faster attacks + Increased critical damage, used while running Blood rage. Results in constantly maintaining 6 power and 4 frenzy charges, over 70% crit chance
and somewhere around 600% multiplier. Provided a 5linked armor/maligaros and few more level ups this build can easily reach over 90% crit chance all the time during combat.

Auras: Hatred, Wrath, Anger, Discipline and Clarity run on the mana pool

Curse: Temporal chains that never expire, requires usage of second hand on keyboard(that seems like too much work)

Playstyle:

Activate auras, walk around maps holding down the right mouse button from time to time and watch everything get turned to ice and shattered in one-shot. You only need to aim at one target and the Chain takes care of the rest, especially amusing when clearing dungeon rooms when only firing at a mob at the door. Sometimes pop a granite or diamond flask to dispel an annoying curse or burning. It will eventually use only granite flasks as crit chance gets close to maximum.

Weaknesses: With proper gear this build is as cookie cutter as they come, I have levelled it specifically with the idea to be playable using only the mouse and not the hotkeys on the keyboard.(yay lazy people). As it stands with terrible gear I am only having problems when encountering large packs of flicker mobs or desync in general(low ES). During levelling you might need to use frenzy or elemental hit to deal with single targets when they don't have minions around for the chain skill to work properly.

Strengths: The reason this build is so powerful is the new Chain skill, not only does it turn power siphon into an AoE skill, but if the first hit is critical then the whole chain is critical - similarly to how double strike works, only with 3 additional hits not just one.

Other info: Build needs no mana flasks as 60mana/s regen is enough to cast almost constantly.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I always wanted to do a discharge build. I am gonna follow yours!
Tordeur randomly joined one of my fellshrinds and I was ridiculously jealous of his shadow's discharge power.

Most of us try it at some point, but he clearly made it work.

Shamelessly attempting my own right now, without looking at his. Inspiring stuff.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Character Name : Revam

Ranger build that uses Rain of Arrows and focuses on absurd amounts of Projectile speed/AOE Increase and uses physical % leech from passives/gear/skills to make the skill self sustaining without the use of leech support gems or regeneration auras.

Build/Guide can be seen here:
0.9.13 Rain of Arrows build

Build design idea came from wanting to utilize the very strong scaling and quality % of Rain of Arrows, and honestly just because NO ONE uses the skill.

Notable passives include Chaos Inoculation, Iron Reflexes, Ghost Reaver, Blast Radius, and an additional +2(eventually +3) Frenzy Charges.
It's always nice to see what interesting builds people come up.
I'd like to say it's inspiring, but given that my drive is to try out stuff, everything I see described here I will obviously not try anymore^^
Like that nifty EK Lowlife build.
Still sweet.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Character name: Lannik
Build: Archmage
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUBAIpUSwCWxecBAnFgBOv9jQh6wpwK1ksqDTEnnA-Ogp0RxEu8FSHhBBZeWGkX4RQPF-8Y3hqR8tomAkTjKkO51ywT8lYs3Zp3MyR0TT23mzdHEfCKSMMt1Eq2TItLBiVrS68_l07X75FPaS1FV80qoFl86aFa_2xYXVWy5mJHuPJlEXK1Z-ky1GfuCepuwdXxfMAh3oXKd62SgK3Yk4cffpktYbeabYlHm27gtpvwKsWp25ZqqyoFOatlVdKt6XGusShgo7NkZUq0Cg9buvj2fL37qXHKub2Ry0EdEdF7-OjU0ZyD2GapJdmbqBLlY9BU5taq1-qO6pjrYAuN80d3GPNf7VbzgTgi9S27vP6L4q7_KKUO_zcZn_8_eiM=

About my build
I use Arc as my main nuke, along with dual Arc totems. I use two curses, Conductivity and Elemental Weakness. Along with these curses I make sure to use Lightning Penetration supports and grab the +20% chance to shock in the passive tree. What this means is that I can reduces a monsters lightning resist by ~120 (depending on skill levels) and have a high chance to add the shock status effect. These two things are my main source of damage.

Another notable thing about my build is that I use Battery to achieve two things. One to run four auras and to be able to spam cast without needing mana potions. The four auras I run are Disc, Clarity, Vitality and Determination. Disc has obvious synergy with Battery, as not only is it free max mana but it also improves my mana regen. Clarity is also extremely useful as it gives me a flat increase to mana regen with just makes any % increased to mana regen that much stronger (more on this in a moment). Vitality and Determination are just an attempt to increase my characters survivability. One last important passive choice is Inner Force, since I use so many auras this provides a very noticeable increase.

I'd say this build has one key unique.
Unavailable

It's not exactly mandatory but it is extremely powerful with this build. Because of how Disc + Clarity + Battery works I get a ton of benefit from +20% max mana and +50% mana regen.

My Gear
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

My gear right now is pretty bad, but it gets the job done. Firstly I'd make sure you have enough mana per second to spam Arc without running out, Dream Fragments may be enough to achieve this on its own. If not look to get some more % mana regen via your amulet or other ring. Next you want as much health as you can get, ect ect. The mods you want from gear are pretty standard from hear on out.

What supports I use / want to use
My totem arc is supported by Lightning Penetration and Iron will. I'd like to replace Iron Will with Fast Cast support when I get a BBBR 4L.

My nuke arc is supported by Lightning Penetration, Fast Cast, and added Lightning damage. If I could get a 6L I'd like to make it Light Pen, Fast Cast, Iron Will, Life Leech and Item Quantity.

How would I improve my build from my current standing?
First I'd clean up my passives. I'd drop the shield block nodes and the +max mana cluster and head towards the Marauder starting location for more Health and Regen. For gear I'd want to grab one of those inherit +15% spell damage focuses and try to get a good spell damage mod on it. I tried going full tank with full armour rating gear and armour rating shield but big bosses still 2 shot me so I figured If I have to play the run and gun game. I might as well do more damage. I can still face tank normally with Granite + Hp flasks going.

My perfect ideal gear would be sceptre + focus (for highest inherit damage mods) and pure armour rating gear, but dear to limitations I opt to use es/ar gear at the moment.

Overall I like this build. My gear is bad but I can still do good damage and I don't die that fast either.
Rukuuu, the level 66 10.2K dps discharge witch

Using ice spear and volls protector for the big bonus to crit chance at range, blood range and frenzy attack for frenzy charges and enduring cry for power charges. All the increased area passives are taken so the explosion covers the full screen. Explosions one hit whites and most blues and are ready in around 5 to 10 seconds depending on the pack size.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Nov 13, 2012, 3:11:35 AM
Graukaiser, permafreeze purgatory witch.
The center to the build is using a spell totem as the main source of cc. It is a derivation of the ice spear totem of the PvE s

The totem is centered around a 4L item
Unavailable

Totem positioning is key to the build, by hitting the sweet spot, you transform the spear into its 600% crit chance mode. This has key interactions with the diamond flask, which enables perma-frozen chain critting to mobs during the duration.

To help however is the elemental proc. support gem which allows a single crit from the chain support to mass freeze, coupled with multiple increased chill duration and the Breath of Rime it allows the totem effectively choke while you can blast with main skills.

The main skill I use to effectively kite and kill mobs is Firestorm.
The reason for firestorm is the burn damage which allows a relatively perm. burn dot on all mobs.
Unfortunately I am still underleveled to use the 5L chest piece to full build but a 4L does the trick as well.

Firestorm + conc. effect + faster cast is the meat for a 4L setup, going into either added chaos or added cold damage if you want more damage or more cc.

To protect the totem you spam skeletons to allow your burn dot and totem to freeze lock them, by using the skeletons as an effective distancing mechanism (due to space allotment per skeleton) by constantly resummoning to push mobs away and detonate for extra damage.

Build is further expanded by not taking from crit nodes, and expanding into multiplier using diamond flasks as the main method of locking, taking increased elemental damage and increased burn damage to increase DPS during the lock.

The build is special because it doesn't rely on Freezing Pulse + Fork to win fights from sheer output, and rather plays a heavy kiting which plays very well in party due to a heavy cc role.

Gear
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Last edited by ultima666 on Nov 14, 2012, 7:40:12 AM
For firestorm I would really recommend increased duration, I would say this is the most powerful support for firestorm even better the Con AoE.
"
Lionguild wrote:
For firestorm I would really recommend increased duration, I would say this is the most powerful support for firestorm even better the Con AoE.

I haven't had a chance to use increased duration :D so a donation would help :D.
On the serious side, the biggest reason for conc effect is the reduced aoe, letting you strike multiple hits on the same target increasing the singleton DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info