[0.9.13] Show us your interesting PvE/PvP characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

"
Velkor wrote:
Introducing Hotpriest - The Crit Ground Slammer

I'm particularly interested in seeing how your keys and mouse are set up; I've been trying this build out as my first templar just to get used to seeing others choices and why, and I gotta say it's quite fun to play this. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out just HOW you use all the skills you mention in your post considering that there are only QWERT and the three mouse buttons.

How did you do it?

"
WebDragon wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

I'm particularly interested in seeing how your keys and mouse are set up; I've been trying this build out as my first templar just to get used to seeing others choices and why, and I gotta say it's quite fun to play this. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out just HOW you use all the skills you mention in your post considering that there are only QWERT and the three mouse buttons.

How did you do it?

This is just a speculation, but I'm pretty sure he only has 1 aura in the "hotbar" and he swaps it with the others when he needs to cast them: even if not present in your "bar" the aura will still be active as long as it is in your active set of weapons.

Last edited by gjrud on Jan 2, 2013, 8:11:06 AM
"
gjrud wrote:
"
WebDragon wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

How did you do it?

This is just a speculation, but I'm pretty sure he only has 1 aura in the "hotbar" and he swaps it with the others when he needs to cast them: even if not present in your "bar" the aura will still be active as long as it is in your active set of weapons.

That was my speculation as well but it makes for some awkward setup whenever you have to rejoin the server on a disconnect.

What I'd rather see is a two-tiered skill bar selection (maybe swapped via the ` key) that stays on QWERT allowing you to have backup skills/auras on swap for that which you don't touch as often.

This in addition to SETS that stay matched with the weapon selection when swapped with X (and thus also swap around depending on current active weapons)

I'm wondering if I should post this (actually these two) in the suggestion box
Introducing Tuula - The Crit Frenzy Archer (with EB)

The idea of this build is to use a Bow with Frenzy as your main skill. Frenzy's mana cost making it very mana intensive, the keystone Eldtritch Battery (EB) is the perfect solution. Eldtrich Battery, in addition to providing the mana/mana regen required for frenzy, allows the use of several auras, including all 3 elemental damage auras. However, to get decent life and mana leech and also because Frenzy grant bonus to physical damage (as well as 4 passives), the bow should provide high physical damage. Finally, to boost both physical damage (from the bow) and elemental damage (from auras), the build pick up many projectile passives, attack speed passives but mainly Critical Strikes passives. So a bow with high local critical strike chance is important.

Class: The classes that can work with this build are the Duelist, the Shadow or the Ranger. But, in my opinion, the Ranger is the best choice because she has the easiest access to the build's most important passives :

3 x Maximum Frenzy Charges : +3 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
Eldritch Battery : Convert all Energy Shield to Mana
Arrows Dodging: Double Chance to dodge Projectiles Attacks

Passive tree explanations : Out of the 90 passives choices, 18 are used for increased Critical Strike Chances/Multiplier, 12 for str/life%/life regen, 9 for increased projectile damage, 5 for additional Frenzy charges and Frenzy charges bonuses, 4 for increased Physical damage, 4 for Attack Speed, 4 are mana related (mana regen, increased maximum mana and physical mana leech), 2 for Accuracy, 2 for Keystones (Eldtrich Battery and Arrows Dodging), 1 for evasion% and 1 for a 30 dextery nod. The remaining 28 passives are "10 attributes" nods (21*dex, 7*int) used to link all the other passives together.

Here's the link to my passives choices at level 75 : Crit Frenzy Archer (with EB)

Skills used:

Main skill : Frenzy. Supported by Increased Critical Strikes, Increased Critical Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectile and Faster Attack. At 46 mana per attack and 3,77 attacks per second, it's not cheap. However, it pays off : 3 projectiles doing each 7767 dps at very long range. The mana cost, 173 mana per second, is covered with the mana regen (57 per second), the mana leech and the large available mana pool (504).

Curse: Projectile weakness. Doing almost half/half elemental and physical damage, elemental weakness or vulnerability is out of question. That leaves Projectile weakness (33% Increased Damage, 56% Increased Chance to Pierce, 23% chance to knockback, 66% reduced evasion for ennemies) and Critical Weakness (66% extra damage from Crit, 9% more crit). Critical weakness would not doubt provide more raw dps, but most of the extra dmg would be overkill. Projectile weakness increase damage much more evenly and also provide beneficial effects : Pierce and knockback.

Totem: Raid of Arrows totem. Supported by Faster Attack and Faster Projectile. Faster projectile provide straight attack speed to Rain of Arrow, so the dps boost from the 2 support is great. Otherwise, the totem benefit from pretty much all my passive and auto-aim with a big area of effect. For a small mana cost (56), the totem is dealing a constant 1600 dps with my current gear. I use it all the time.

Auras: Discipline, Clarity, Grace, Anger, Wrath and Hatred. Discipline for a big mana boost. Clarity of the mana regen. Grace for extra defense. Anger, Wrath and Hatred for extra elemental damage. The elemental damage auras are boosted by 36 out of the 40 damage focused passives. The elemental damage also inflict useful status ailment : Freeze, Burning and Shocks. With a crit chance of 36,7% and 3.77 attack per second with Frenzy, these status ailment are guaranteed to be applied every second.

Minions: 3 zombies. They benefit from 5 of the 6 auras. Used mostly to distract ennemies. Especially useful against flicker strike monsters. No passives spent on them.

Mobility skills: Lightning Warp and Phase Run.

My gear and skill set-up:

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Offense:

With my main skill Frenzy (and max frenzy charges) :

Attack per second : 3.77
Average physical damage : 324 (50,7%)
Average elemental damage : 315 (43%)
Accuracy Rating : 2491
Critical Strike Chance : 36.7%
Critical Strike Multiplier : 653%
DPS with a 85% chance to hit (Average level 63 monster) : 7767
Mana cost : 46
Total Mana : 1576 (1072 reserved / 504 available)
Mana leech : 2%

Defenses:

With so many points invested in Dexterity nods (24) the natural choice for defense is evasion or armor (with Iron Reflexes). Given the build playstyle (range) and the fact that picking up Arrows Dodging instead of Iron Reflexes requires less passive points, I decided to give Evasion a chance. Unfortunately, with Eldritch Battery, Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics are out of the question. Despite this, I feel the build is still pretty solid defensively. In term of defense, it provides +98% life, +1% life regen +65 life and +90% evasion (with 6 frenzy charges). There's also an easily available +18% evasion nod in the ranger starting area as well as a +15% to all resists in the Duelist area. I didn't feel the need for them though. Finally, the build provide an extra 1195 evasion rating thanks to the Grace Aura.

So, here are my defense stats :

1967 life, 20 life regen per second, 2% life leech, 6195 evasion rating, 259 armor, 27% lightning resist, 72% cold resist, 64% fire resist, 45% increased stun/block recovery.

Overall, defensively, the build works pretty well. The only serious threat are physical reflect mobs (that can be killed with the totem or with careful shooting) and Act2 Boss (Rocks).

To share comments on the build, use this thread : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65154
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Jan 8, 2013, 1:56:51 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
WebDragon wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

How did you do it?

Left Mouse Button : Double Strike
Right Mouse Button : Leap Slam

Q : Critical Weakness Curse
W : Spark Totem
E : Ground Slam
R : Phase Run
T : Summon Zombies (And Auras - Once the auras are cast, I put summon zombies back in my T hotkey)

Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Closed
Last edited by psythos on Feb 5, 2013, 12:02:46 AM
would nice to have a last BotW before OB featuring the CB chars :D
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
would nice to have a last BotW before OB featuring the CB chars :D

agreed
Redacted

Block+Tempest Shield is boring.

This game doesn't work as melee.
Last edited by spiralofhope on Feb 26, 2013, 1:12:45 AM
Wrong thread.
Please re-post in the 0.10.0 BotW thread in my signature. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info