[0.9.13] Show us your interesting PvE/PvP characters and be featured on our YouTube channel!

Hello all!

I am posting my Melee Ranger build, as previously shown in my discussion thread.

The character name is UndeniablyImmortal, which was the whole purpose of the build.

As you can see in the current passive tree, this build focuses in pure evasion with a decent block chance %.
Unavailable
With the help of this amulet (it is cheap), you can also block spells.

Another crucial part of this build is the Enfeeble gem, shown inside the shield below. It is not crucial, but if you get high quality it helps a lot, as it further increments the accuracy reduction % of your enemies.
Unavailable

The combination of high evasion %, Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics keystones, Stone of Lazhwar, high block chance % (with bonus from Tempest Shield) and the Enfeeble curse will make you almost untouchable.

This is the possible end-game build.

The lack of damage in the passive tree is compensated with extra damage auras, which explains the mana passives I got. Hatred was chosen over Anger as it reserves a fixed mana %. Linking all mana reserved % auras helped managing the mana pool. Wrath was chosen over Anger just because I love lightning damage. Shock rocks.

Lightning Strike is the main damage skill. It is currently linked to Mana Leech, Faster Attacks and Fork, resulting in an infinite mana pool that clears huge waves of mobs before they can manage to hit you. Its current attack time is 0.3 sec. A quality Lighning Penetration support gem is available, but the 6 socketed and linked chest is still lacking ^^'
The last support gem on Lightning Strike would be a Added Cold Damage. The crowd control it provides is astonishing, and would render the enemies even more useless.

The secondary attack is Double Strike, also with 0.3 sec attack time. This means the interval between attacks is in reality 0.15 sec, which is pretty amazing.

Currently I am leveling Viper Strike and Puncture for PvP purposes, but they aren't part of the build.

Current equipment:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I hope I inspired some people to try this build, because believe me, it really is amazing!

Thanks to kadrek91 for his aid in the build discussion thread!

EDIT: working on a commented video of this build.
Last edited by boneraiser on Nov 8, 2012, 5:19:09 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
boneraiser wrote:
Thanks to kadrek91 for his aid in the build discussion thread!

np bro my pleasure!
Dual wield sword ranger!

My goal was a high health, high dps dual wield character. I chose my ranger for her start position on the tree. Early access to IR with nice DPS nodes on the way, while being close enough to the marauder tree to pick up survivability. Without adieu, here is my build so far at 80.

She has excellent dps, VERY high survivability and is extremely mobile. My skills are Dual Strike for single target, cleave and flicker for nice aoe action. Blood rage is used with some nice life leech gear and it is just stellar. I also run two auras, Grace and Hatred.

I chose to stick with physical damage over an ele cleaver as it was a unique build at the time and I was tired of elemental reflect just crapping on it.

So far I am extremely happy with my DPS and survivability. Dunno what else to add here, so I will end it with my gear and a nice game play video for your enjoyment!

Video - http://youtu.be/jNMxa1JyvmM

Gear!
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
RegnarDrowsII - 79 DW Ranger, #6 One month race 10/16/2012
Last edited by Ceto on Nov 28, 2012, 10:00:11 PM
I love youtube videos with PoE. You learn a lot from videos. Thank you.
What's this big explosion you're casting ?

I keep getting the same question and the answer is always the same : Discharge !

But how did I manage to make a build that works with this supposedly underpowered skill ?

Here's how :

Dagger discharger

The idea of this build is to use a fast dagger with very high critical chance to quickly generate 5 frenzy and 5 power charges at melee range with the frenzy skill (+ 3 enduring charges with 1 enduring cry cast) and then discharge. The discharge damage comes mainly from critical hit multiplier (that conveniently also boost frenzy damage). The build use 4 diamond potions with increased charge recovery. The last potion slot is for a mana potion with the dispell frozen mod. No life potions ? This build use CI so there's no need for them.

How are charges generated :

Frenzy charges (5) : the main melee skill is frenzy that generates 1 frenzy charge per hit. I also use Blood rage (with CI) that generates 1 frenzy per kill. Fast, accurate hits are the best way to get frenzy charges.

Power charges (5) : I use this unique chestpiece that generate 1 power charge per critical strike :
Unavailable

So the idea is to have a dagger with very high local critical strike chance + lot of increased critical strikes chance passives. The power charges are generated with the frenzy skill.

My supported frenzy looks like this :
Unavailable
Unavailable

...while my supported discharge skill looks like this :
Unavailable

Endurance charges (3) : This is quite simple. Endurance cry. This skill requires about 110 str at max level so I picked up 2 x 30 str nods in the passive tree.

Curse : Critical weakness. It boosts frenzy damage and helps generate power charges even faster. It increases discharge damage and when there's no diamond potion left, it increases the chance to crit to approximately 50% depending of your gear.

Totem : Decoy totem. It allows you to get in melee range to generate charges without being hit. It also gather mobs in a tight spot for the subsequent discharge explosion.

Auras : Discipline, Grace and Wrath. Discipline and Grace for the much needed defense. Even if decoy totem helps, you need to be able to absorb some hits. Both skills benefits from the rather high int and dex of the build as well as a number of passives that increase either energy shield or evasion. Wrath increases frenzy damage and benefits from +65% lightning dmg from the passive tree.

Mobility skills : Shield charge, lightning warp and phase run. It gives the much needed mobility to moves in and out of melee range.

Class : Either Witch or Shadow. I picked Shadow but I'd probably take witch If I had to start over. The avantage of the shadow is the easy access to +6% attack speed. The avantage of witch is the easy access to +19% spell damage.

Passive tree explanations : Almost every passive points is spent to either increase critical strike chance/damage, boost mana/mana regen (to offset the voll's protector penalty), boost defense (es/evasion/resists), get additional charges, boost discharge damage/area of effect or boost accuracy.

Here's the link to my passive tree when I'll be level 75 (I'm currently level 69) :

Dagger discharger

My not so great gear :

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Oh, I almost forgot, you probably want to know what's my damage output and my defense ?

Frenzy dmg: With my current gear and maxed charges, frenzy dish out 6.3k dps (that's without counting extra damage from the critical weakness curse). My chances to crit with 5 power charges are about 64% (73% with critical weakness).

Discharge dmg: When it crits with all my charges, I estimate the damage at 9k damage + 2.8k burning damage. When it doesn't crit, the damage is only 2k or so. So I only use discharge on large packs and with a diamond potion.

Defense : About 4200 energy shield, ~24% chance to evade, 31% chance to block, 48% lightning resist, 27% cold resist, 75% fire resist.

-Tordeur
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Dec 7, 2012, 4:42:39 PM
"
Ropetus wrote:
Ok let's resubmit this from the previous thread, except now with a PvP twist.

Luikuri - lvl 64 low life Ethereal Knives & Shield Block Shadow (Legacy league)

I've been interested in a Bear Trap + EK combo for a while now but never had the balls to play through with EK - you managed to work "Low Life" in there too o_o. I'm very interested in seeing this build in action!
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Character name: Onin
Build: Sporkmage

This build shows off two things: How amazing Spark is with the new Fork support, and how useless Arc is without using totems :P

Offenses:

Spark - Supported by Fork, Lightning Penetration and Increased Critical Strikes. The Fork support allows every Spark cast to potentially have 9 projectiles, giving a flatout HUGE increase in DPS. Lightning Penetration means I don't even need my Conductivity curse most of the time, and my Spark crit chance is currently 35%, spreading loads of Shocked status.

Arc - Personally, I don't like totems much. So instead of using Arc for damage, I simply keep it around for the highly situational use against ranged mobs in open maps (especially Vaal Constructs), and as a dump skill for the IIQ and IIR gems. After all, why waste 2 support slots on my awesome Spark spell when I can just pause and Arc rare and unique bosses to death?

Blood Rage - With CI, it's 4 free Frenzy charges. Free is pretty cheap, so I won't say no.

Defenses:

Chaos Inoculation - Currently the best form of defense, period. Even in my mediocre MF gear I get 3,5k ES, which is more than plenty to survive endgame, if played intelligently.

Tempest Shield - My build has 64% block chance. Given 5 more levels, it will have 70% block chance. Given that the vast majority of mobs can be blocked, this gives me amazing durability - and a nice amount of counter Lightning damage, of course.

Whirling Blades - Even with common desyncs, Whirling Blades is by far the best ability to get out of trouble. It's also a neat increase to travel speed.

Future: Ghost Reaver - When I pick up a 5L or 6L chestpiece, I'll be adding a Life Leech gem onto my Spark and respecing two points into Ghost Reaver. In between that 70% block chance and ES leech, I should be pretty much invulnerable to melee.

Mana sustainance:

Thanks to the 9 Spork projectiles with 35% crit chance each, I can keep my mana up with no additional passive points and merely two Surgeon's flasks. This leaves room for one Granite flask and two Diamond flasks for utility. Chug potions as often as you want!

Overall comments:

I played a Sparkmage before the reset as well, and I can say that Fork made the build significantly more powerful. Fork greatly improves your coverage in open areas, since Forking refreshes projectile duration and often kills off-screen mobs, and obviously greatly improves indoor damage as well.

Arc, however, is disappointing to say the least. It deals decent damage, especially when there are only two nearby targets, and its auto-aiming is very neat, but is immense mana cost and miniscule crit chance (4% as opposed to Spark's 6%x3) makes it entirely unsuited for my build; it doesn't crit enough to sustain my flasks, and it doesn't deal better DPS than Spork even at high range.

Still, I love the sheer devastation wrought by Spork, I love hearing Tempest Shield proc, and I love Whirling around the place, so this build is still tons of fun.
Onin, can you post your gear?
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Highly mediocre :>
Pure summoner:
- Witch lvl 75 atm, name: Cox
- No offensive skill
- 9 zombies (defence mostly), 12 skeles (front line) and 3 spectres (artillery)
- Minion instability
- Two permanent curses: usually chain and enfeeble (Hex master and Whisper of doom)
- Five auras: fire, light, evasion, ES and purity, with Leadership passive to support minions
- Very high survivability and offensive
- Useless in PVP mode :)
- Stats: ~500/1300 mana, ~7k ES (with CI and average gear), ~50% merci resists, about 30% eva and block
Build:

ign: Ron

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info