0.9.13 Rain of Arrows build

Was looking to create a unique build around RoA due to the strength of its Quality % and level scaling AOE increase.
Build focuses on using life leech % from Bloodrage to maintain a very high ES regen during RoA spam, with Frenzy for single targets.

Passive Skill Tree

I was hesitant at first due to the glaring weakness of rain of arrows, that being you fire the attack and the mob moves out of the way. After some research and testing that was no longer an issue.

Information from Path of Exile Wiki:
Attack Speed: Attack speed will decrease the amount of time between firing the skill and arrows landing at the specified location.

Projectile Speed: Although Rain of Arrows is not technically a projectile attack, Projectile and arrow speed supports, mods, and passives will decrease the time between firing the skill and the arrows landing.

I had to test this myself but it would seem that attack speed does effectively act as projectile speed increase in addition to increasing the firing speed of RoA.
Its also worth noting that RoA benefits from both Projectile Damage increase, as well as Area Damage increase.
Area Damage increase, like Projectile, will increase all damage done by the skill, not just physical.

Current Gear/Links:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Build was created with pretty much a fresh stash, so the gear is pretty garbage and mainly just there to keep resists and es up.

Currently Level 60 in Hardcore.
Current Skill Tree Progress

With my current gear/passives/gem levels RoA already nearly instantly hits the ground after firing with frenzy charges up. Goal is to pick up a projectile speed % mod on a decent quiver and RoA should be able to stop a mid charge Hasted Rhoa.

From there the question is to further increase the aoe radius of RoA, or use its quality % and blast radius to more offset the aoe loss of using Concentrated Effect. Its likely I'll opt for the ladder in the long run as its the only way I can see to further increase dps as well as physical % leeching potential.
With Increased Area support/passives, a 20% quality RoA can reach over 100% increased area effect, so if you can find damage purely through gear, its still an option worth considering.
Current AOE and speed increase:

95% Increased Attack Speed(3.02 attacks per second)
96% Increased Projectile Speed(191% effective projectile speed increase)
72% Skill Area of Effect Radius Increase

For those interested in trying the build out, keep in mind that due to lack of damage % nodes and physical damage with bows not scaling as well early as elemental, it can be a bit rough in the early levels. I highly recommend investing your points into IR and around 12 hp nodes as you are leveling up. You will be doing a decent amount of face tanking with low speed/aoe radius rain of arrows.

Suggested Pre CI build
Last edited by swimsuitarea on Nov 12, 2012, 9:07:31 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"The build you are trying to load is using an old version of the passive tree and will not work."

Your build seems really interesting, do you mind posting your skill tree in the current patch ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info