Best ST build: low life/CI crit dagger

My scion is only lvl 43 so I can't show case her stats yet. But I've seen people having so much misconception about how to maximize spectral throw damage so here are some pointers for you.
Ideal weapon: high crit daggers. For example

Why? There're so few damage support gems that you can link with spectral throw and PCoC/Crit damage are about the 2 most legit ones. In other to utilize these gems, the best weapon is dagger. Daggers have the best critical strike boosts from their nodes, as well.
HP/CI/low life? I can't tell since I haven't really worked on a life build the last 4 months. But I know a lot about CI and low life.
Important nodes: Ghost reaver, Vaal Pact, Unwavering Stance, Diamond Skin, Point Blank, Iron Grip
How to link your gems: ST - LMP/GMP - Faster attack - Added Fire - Power Charge on Crit - Crit damage
How much crit chance from gear/passive is enough? Ideally you want 500% increased crit chance. Why? With this build you will get a maximum 5 power charges (1 from tree, 1 from Merc alira). In other to make PCoC act as a viable 5th link, the damage boosted should be around 50%- 40%, 5 power charges = 250% increased crit chance, that's why you should get 500% from tree and gear, max, because 250/500 = 50%
Same from crit multi. 20/20 crit damage gem gives 150% crit multi, so you want 300% crit multi from gear and passive, then stop.
Dump the rest of offensive nodes into straight damage (1H waepon damage and projectile damage)
Bandits:
Normal: kill all. 1 passive point give you much more freedom and when you try to make an end game build, you will be much happier to have 1 extra point to play with.
Cruel: same
Merciless: Help Alira for power charge. Unlike other stats, with this build you can't get any more power charge, no matter how hard you try to deviate from the build.
Do not take more Attack speed if you can avoid it. Reason? You use faster attack gem so you don't want too much passive attack speed which undermines the effect of attack speed gem. You don't have any significant straight damage booster from gear or gem so stacking that stat is your best choice.
Best chest for this build? Shav. Due to the recent aura nerfs, running an extra 1-2 auras becomes too good to be ignored. plus 54% attack speed with blood rage? yum.
Why added fire instead of slower projectile like hyped by GGG? This is an end game build and like all end game build, it focuses on maximizing damage output to kill everything instantly on impact. You don't want to waste time waiting for projectiles to come back and kill the thing. You want to kill it RIGHT NOW. Added fire is about the only damage booster you have left after everything else.
The tree (low life version)
Lvl 40s
Go down to get projectile damage first, stop after the first major node (24% armor/evasion - 10% all res), go up to get all the damage node before heading down again for iron grip and head for point blank

lvl 60s
Get point blank and go back up

Respec

Build at lvl 90

If you take CI, spec out of iron reflex, wear an AR/ES armor, AR/ES shield instead of Shav. Also spec out of Arcane vision and get all the CI related nodes
Ideal gears:
Shav for chest, ES + accuracy helm
Mings heart, Res + damage ring
Auxium
High crit dagger
Rainbowstride
high damage/res amulet
Maligaro for gloves
Pure ES shield if going low life (has to run Grace for armor) or AR/ES shield with CI
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Oct 30, 2013, 7:29:18 PM
I'll follow this post closely, since i'm a EB, MoM Scion Spectral Throw.

I want to see yours later in game, would be nice, but i'm sure it works.

Can i ask, what is the point of running low life with shavronnes ? I know what Shav do, but i'm just wondering, what is the point, it 's not like using RF in the open beta... you know, the OP build. (I used to do that :P )

Also, I don't see the point to take Point Blank key node... I prefer to do good damage from far away. I could take those point to get more ES of crit, but that's a personnal preference.

I would also take Arcane Vision node, since when you run low life, i remember that in some maps, it's fucking hard to see anything, but that's a personnal preference too.

I want to know which aura's you are willing to run. the ES one would be nice... but then again Grace too... so I don't know if you can run 2 auras with this build, it depend if you lack in mana reg using your skills late game.
Last edited by Manu_333 on Oct 25, 2013, 12:10:24 PM
I did take Arcane vision with low life. The tree posted was a low life version
Benefits of running low life w/ Shav: run an extra 1-2 auras, 53% more attack speed from blood rage (this attack speed doesn't apply for CI)
Cons: more expensive to build than CI. Not only you need to buy a shav, but you also need a Ming's heart for 60% chaos resistance. On the upside though, Ming's heart gives 20% more damage, which is pretty much unmatched by any rare ring you can find, maybe except a Diamond ring with Added phys, attack speed and accuracy but such rings don't exist or at least not for sale yet. The -15% ES is pretty trivial.
Point blank = 50% MORE damage in close range, which is the equal of running a 7 links chest. Damaging from afar doesn't get to play with this build because you can use flicker strike to get in close combat range and burst thing down so fast it won't be able to run away. PB also is next to iron reflex so if you want to take iron reflex (must have if low life), there's no reason not to take point blank even if you don't plan on using it regularly. For 4 points, nothing gives you 50% MORE damage on call. Spectral throw range is very special because it is a pseudo long range attack, you won't be able to hit targets far enough for point blank penalty starts kicking in even if you try to (unless you use faster projectile but that's a very bad choice for gem)
EDIT: for aura, if CI I will run Hatred and Discipline. I had a 1600 armor hybrid chest so my armor wasn't so bad even without determination. However, on specific map like vulnerable + reflect I would drop Hatred for Determination, though. Have to make calls here and there. Purity is only used for bad Ele weakness maps like Crematorium. Otherwise it's pretty useless. If I'm low on res, I'd much rather spend 2-3 points into res nodes than running purity
For low life I run Hatred and Discipline on mana, grace on life. I never got to try Covenant trick and not sure if it still works, but if it does I will run Determination and possibly clarity on life as well.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Oct 25, 2013, 12:28:37 PM
What gems/skill do u use?
Exactly what I was thinking when I started my scion on Domination. Crit and Crit multi scales insanely well, especially since you can't use multistrike/melee phys/ melee phys on low life. Plus you don't have the downsides of having to restack Reeve on every pack. When I get to the point of having high end gear on domination this is probably what I will roll, so when you start doing maps you should post a few vids of how it turns out.
"
How to link your gems: ST - LMP/GMP - Faster attack - Added Fire - Power Charge on Crit - Crit damage

4L 2ndary attack: Flicker strike + Increased crit damage + Melee physical damage + Melee damage on full life. This can burst bosses down pretty fast
Proc on taking damage: Enduring cry and molten shell (not using any of these yet, will look into once I level up high enough to wear my real gear). I'm pretty keen on the attacks though, been doing them since forever
Hey,

What a shame than this build didn't have more attentions !

Very strong build with or without shavrones...

I am currenctly lvl 48 with it in standart and all is ok. Great dps, medium survability (will improve greatly with CI and ES endgame stuff) and crit crit crit...all i like :)

I will share my vision of the skill tree, not enormous changes but some points i would prefer than others (and changed the way to go to ironwill and point blank, making you gain 1 point)

Feel free to comment and tell me if i can do something to improve it ! (I will taste pointblank later, if i dislike i will gain 4 passive skills to put away...)

lvl 93 build Scion Spectral Throw crit dagger !

Last edited by Garvil on Oct 27, 2013, 9:19:17 AM
"
Garvil wrote:
Hey,

What a shame than this build didn't have more attentions !

Very strong build with or without shavrones...

I am currenctly lvl 48 with it in standart and all is ok. Great dps, medium survability (will improve greatly with CI and ES endgame stuff) and crit crit crit...all i like :)

I will share my vision of the skill tree, not enormous changes but some points i would prefer than others (and changed the way to go to ironwill and point blank, making you gain 1 point)

Feel free to comment and tell me if i can do something to improve it ! (I will taste pointblank later, if i dislike i will gain 4 passive skills to put away...)

lvl 93 build Scion Spectral Throw crit dagger !

I notice you dont have RT, and no accuracy nodes, doesnt that hurts your dmg? what is your % to hit goal ? can u get a 95% + without any accuracy nodes?
http://www.justin.tv/kakz1203/b/474153277
Short video of lvl 69 maps at lvl 71
Skip to 1:30 to see me start mapping. Was derping around with the chaos damage mod, but I got it straightened out now
* Always cast BM auras before entering map, Use grace period to swap Shav on.
DPS on tooltip is 11k300 at lvl 71.
Have current tree has point blank, vaal pact, unwavering stance, iron grip, ghost reaver
* 4 APS. Mana consumption is 136 per sec. 500 mana pool probably won't be enough to support once I run a 2nd aura on mana. Gotta bump it to 700 some how. Gonna take a 5% reserved mana reduction node in the next couple days
* DPS on flicker strike is 40k. Just noticed my flicker strike is technically a 5L attack since it got 5 power charges from spectral throw
* this build requires carefully clearing maps without skipping any pack or it will be a pain in the ass to go find them buggers in chaos damage map. Just like life vaal pact builds
* Armor is 6k3 with grace and shield on. No determination needed. By the time I complete the 2nd nullification node, expect 7500 armor.
EDIT: another clip
http://www.justin.tv/kakz1203/b/474162729
Pardon my low performance recording.
* I'm very impressed by the fact that projectile at 1200 damage per hit can 1 shot mobs with ease. Point blank must be doing its job
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Oct 27, 2013, 6:49:13 PM
"
Camaron wrote:
I notice you dont have RT, and no accuracy nodes, doesnt that hurts your dmg? what is your % to hit goal ? can u get a 95% + without any accuracy nodes?

This build gives you over 300 Dex. You can get 84% chance to hit without any accuracy on gear or specific accuracy node. Hit chance is a non issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info