Best ST build: low life/CI crit dagger

both of you have really GG gear, its hard to tell how good the build is without those GG items! But ill try, im rly tired of my InfernalBlow maraudeR!

Thanks for all your help!

@biggerboom, do you agree that Shadow is best than Scion for this build?
"
satonas wrote:
both of you have really GG gear, its hard to tell how good the build is without those GG items! But ill try, im rly tired of my InfernalBlow maraudeR!

Thanks for all your help!

@biggerboom, do you agree that Shadow is best than Scion for this build?

In my personal experience, the most effective set of straight up damage and survivability duality comes from going scion, because, to be honest with you, there is no way in hell you can maximize resists as shadow unless you forego either maligaros, wondertrap, a high-DPS necklace, or crown of eyes, for a more resist-based item. I think OP here has a really solid build for what he's trying to do, which is run magic find. Because he's magic find, he has high-resist, high-MF gear in his glove, boots, shield, and helmet slots. I, on the other hand, rely solely on the combination of an IIQ gem, wondertrap, and aurseize for my magic find, which leaves me with very little room for maximizing resists. As a shadow, with my current best in slot everything (except 1 ring), I would not have capped resistances, and would have to run purity as the 4th aura. To then maximize my resists, I would likely have to forego maligaros in pursuit of a GG pair of damage, attack speed, and resist gloves.

Can I be honest with you though?

Don't do this build, or my build, without relatively GG gear. Heck, if you don't have a 300+ phys dps dagger and at least a 6L shavs, spectral throw as an ability just does not do enough damage to warrant running it as the main damage ability. You're better off going a max-block build or an HP based double strike/spectral throw build, because those are more cost-efficient for straight up map-capability. This build and mine are generally geared towards those that have a really high dps dagger and atleast 1500 energy shield from gear before passives.
Last edited by biggerboom on Dec 4, 2013, 9:21:52 PM
I appreciate your advice, thanks man! :D

just one thing, i saw a lot of guys with the same dagger you have. How many ex. are costing to mirror?
Got a question maybe bumble or bigger can answer, in the build Zealoths Oath isn't taken, how do you combat the degen of blood rage, especially in chaos degen maps? Or is Vaal Pact enough to combat it?
We rely on our large ES pool to sustain chaos damage and blood rage degeneration. In normal circumstances, you will never face any trouble. There's some really extreme circumstances where you have to take into consideration though:
Reflect + vulnerability + chaos damage map: chaos damage will take a double dip on your ES pool, then get multiplied by vulnerability. Reflect then comes in and drastically reduces the effectiveness of your leech
When you run with a high MFer in a team or have high MF yourself and have to spend literally 1.5 minutes to sort through a shit load of loot in a chaos damage map.
I run into one of these situations once every 7 or 8 maps so I would say don't worry about it too much. Worst case scenario, you have to go out of your way and deal with the issue at hand but solution is quick and simple
Ref + Vul + chaos damage: reroll map
Low ES after IDing loot: tp out then go back in if you're soloing. Leave your group behind to find the nearest mob to leech if you're in a party. Or simply spec into zealot oath.
Under normal circumstances, vaal pact alone can handle any incoming damage or degen, assuming you have enough ES to not get 1 shotted.
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Dec 5, 2013, 12:55:38 PM
"
satonas wrote:

just one thing, i saw a lot of guys with the same dagger you have. How many ex. are costing to mirror?

Depends on how much a mirror is going for. Kolp's dagger can be mirrored for a limited number of times and you have to buy a mirror right from one of the guys who donated to kolp when he was crafting the dagger. I bought my right for 20 ex. There's a slightly better dagger but the fee last time I checked was 50 ex.
Also, I'm gonna tell you what I said before and again: this build is not a completely new concept, it's just a variation of CI crit dagger build and was used previously on different skills to great success by many characters, mainly shadow. These skills include: reave, flicker strike, double strike, lightning strike, frenzy, etc... So instead of asking will this build work without GG gear, ask if CI crit dagger works without GG gear. Either way, the answer is yes. You can simply visit Shadow forum and see for yourself as crit dagger presents a prominent melee sector. My shadow tree is only slightly different from other's so there's not much for you worry about. The problem lies with Spectral Throw. It is very strong in utility functions but weak in single target damage. If you're ok with that, then you should have no problem.
Once you go down this route, your options are splendid. If you are not satisfied with ST, you can easily plug in different gems and try skills I mentioned above.
To clarify, the build I described in the OP of this thread is a low life build, which is IMO the highest and most expensive form of ES based crit dagger. For starter, everybody should aim for a CI build that is similar to it. While "this build" is out of your reach, a CI build is easy to execute. There's not much difference in tree as you only need to spec out of arcane vision and use those points to take CI related nodes.
In term of damage, there's a low - mediocre - good - great scale and then there's this build and biggerboom's which are very similar to each other. So even if you can't attain my gear in the near future, a CI variation will still put you in a very good position to progress because the damage can be ranked from good to great. What you've seen here is me running a 4L ST in MF gear while out-DPSing a lot of 6L spectral throw build out there so that tells you a bit about the potential of this build.
My 4L ST is dishing out 16k5 DPS right now. The only build in my book that can comes close is a life build crit staff, wielding the 717 DPS 9% cc staff. I still haven't seen any build pushing that staff to its maximum potential, though.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Dec 5, 2013, 1:16:11 PM
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
"
satonas wrote:

Depends on how much a mirror is going for. Kolp's dagger can be mirrored for a limited number of times and you have to buy a mirror right from one of the guys who donated to kolp when he was crafting the dagger. I bought my right for 20 ex. There's a slightly better dagger but the fee last time I checked was 50 ex.
Also, I'm gonna tell you what I said before and again: this build is not a completely new concept, it's just a variation of CI crit dagger build and was used previously on different skills to great success by many characters, mainly shadow. These skills include: reave, flicker strike, double strike, lightning strike, frenzy, etc... So instead of asking will this build work without GG gear, ask if CI crit dagger works without GG gear. Either way, the answer is yes. You can simply visit Shadow forum and see for yourself as crit dagger presents a prominent melee sector. My shadow tree is only slightly different from other's so there's not much for you worry about. The problem lies with Spectral Throw. It is very strong in utility functions but weak in single target damage. If you're ok with that, then you should have no problem.
Once you go down this route, your options are splendid. If you are not satisfied with ST, you can easily plug in different gems and try skills I mentioned above.
To clarify, the build I described in the OP of this thread is a low life build, which is IMO the highest and most expensive form of ES based crit dagger. For starter, everybody should aim for a CI build that is similar to it. While "this build" is out of your reach, a CI build is easy to execute. There's not much difference in tree as you only need to spec out of arcane vision and use those points to take CI related nodes.
In term of damage, there's a low - mediocre - good - great scale and then there's this build and biggerboom's which are very similar to each other. So even if you can't attain my gear in the near future, a CI variation will still put you in a very good position to progress because the damage can be ranked from good to great. What you've seen here is me running a 4L ST in MF gear while out-DPSing a lot of 6L spectral throw build out there so that tells you a bit about the potential of this build.
My 4L ST is dishing out 16k5 DPS right now. The only build in my book that can comes close is a life build crit staff, wielding the 717 DPS 9% cc staff. I still haven't seen any build pushing that staff to its maximum potential, though.

Valkyrie's build is probably the closest that comes to dps numbers seen in shadow builds, and that's EB, MoM
Just an update that I ended up getting the colors, finally.. :)

I want to wear and auxium so bad, but I cant lose the resist on my belt atm.. I like having positive chaos resistance so that BR isnt such an issue.. Still getting used to the whole low life thing..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
@Bumblebutt thanks for the advice on going for CI.

Build is great, im divided between ST or Lightning Strike, both have good PROS and some cons.

About single target, IDK if i go for double strike or flicker strike...frostwall is a pain in the ass going on double strike, idk what do you yet, for now im leveling both.

This is my current gear. I only respec to CI at lvl69, im now with 4680 ES, felling awesome.

This is my current passive tree, any sugestions?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDkgRLxGWFdcWvxjbGdUa2x4aIWAnqSgqKLUppSo4KwosvzBUMww2PT7PQKBHBkxgTipRR1ZjVupW9Vb6W69famNDcFJwVnC7cNV08X3jf8aGrofbiEKIa42_kBuX0JlXmZqaE52jnrmly6Z_pzSxs7TFtUi297k-vebAUcEAwcXC7MNtzerXhtfL2xrbbtvU3Q3jhOsU62PsGO1B7g7vTvLh8-r5Y_yr_MX-K_-T_94=

thanks a lot guys!
i think you're doing great tree-wise.
I choose flicker strike because it helps me deal with hard bosses like vaal, magaera and dominus without facetanking them. I just unload 4 combo of flickerstrike on the boss, run out, kill their minions to get 4 frenzy charges then do it again, pretty safe since my MF gear can't take much punishment to use double strike. Plus Flicker can teleport.
@OH, and you need to link Frost wall with CWDT, that's the only way it'll work. I see you're leveling up increased crit chance gem, for pvp perhaps? If not, it's a useless gem.
Last edited by Bumblebutt on Dec 9, 2013, 11:08:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info