[S]Explosive Arrow Marauder by Slaydemkidz (lvl 96 HC) - For EXPERIENCED Players! (1.2.0)!

The quality is really important because it increases your chance to ignite by a lot. You should just focus on that as quickly as possible, as it's going to help you more than anything else.

My CwDT is on Level 1 and connected to an Enduring Cry on level 5 and a Molten Shell on lvl 7.

I want to have endurance charges as often as possible that's why I chose that setup. People that are less lazy than me should just selfcast that :P

Happy to help

Slaydemkidz
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 17, 2013, 5:11:07 AM
Level 95 \o/
Hi there.
I am following this topic for a while now and I finally decided to give this build a try ( I was collecting skill gems and gear for this build ).

My 2nd day with this character and I think now it's the time to post here something.
Currently lvl 56 farming merc Ledge in Domination league ( I know you play HC but i dislike it )

Here is my build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNFHEZLhmFGjgaVRpsJKon7TboNuk62ECgQapGaU3YUEdQUFRJWGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZKNmnnKpdO1673zZgW-DOITvhymMdozPkFWdrp48nrmfy6IApwinMKeErKq53cAaxtjUj9rd37_jaudS7DjvDu988B_yL_ZI9zL46_rS

and my gear
Spoiler

with regular items i can get 4k hp now by lvl 56.

The build is strong and I love to see exploding groups of mobs, but the downsides ( for me ) I have noticed are the following
- I am constantly low on life because my EA cost like 115 mana ( HP with BM ) with all the gems linked to EA and with the super attack speed due to Quills rain im risking my life to lose exp.
- The build was fun at the beginning when i switched to EA but now it is a boredome for me, I just shoot 5x EA and curse them and thats all. How can you do this 24/7 ? There is absolutely nothing else to do with this character. Ofc there is a split arrow for life gain sometimes..

Congrats to lvl 95. That is a big achievement.

I am not sure if will continue with this character because I cant decide if I like it or not. Maybe it is just not the playstyle i like to play.
However it is a good experience to try him out for everyone.

I have three questions
Since I am a solo player, what if i Join a group ? The HP of the monsters are enourmous in a 6 man party. Is the dmg enough ?
Do you think that it will be an OK decision to pick up more fire dmg % nods instead of hp nods if I dont play Hardcore ?
How do you deal with monsters which are not in groups ? Single mobs for example ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Nov 17, 2013, 3:23:56 PM
nice build I like it
Last edited by erklfjnaweijfaqw on Nov 17, 2013, 3:39:22 PM
If you have quality on all gems single monsters are no problem to ignite. I handle them exactly like I handle groups.

Yes i would go for more fire damage if I would play SC or Domination to increase the damage.

I think this is one of the most fun builds I ever played, it doesn't bore me at all, because it's a lot more to do than with any build i played before like RoA, freeze pulse, LA, EK or whatever.

Ofc in large groups you will not oneshot packs. But still you will have very good damage and Elemental Equilibrium to support your group (most groups). In addition you can run MF (if you have another 5L / 6L with rarity / quantity / Culling / chain / lgoh)

If you go for my build your issues with life regen should disappear soon (I would not go for a &L quill rain before lvl 60+ because of the missing life regen nodes)
Do you anticipate any sweeping changes (or small changes) to the build after the degen patch?
IGN: FalconPunchingManiac
Last edited by Mysphyt on Nov 17, 2013, 4:33:35 PM
Honestly I'm very interested in those changes, although they are mainly for viper strike and puncture? I have no idea if they are going to change burning. Well anyway I can't wait for the patch. ;)
Last edited by Xantaria on Nov 17, 2013, 5:31:59 PM
is it ok to use Flammability instead of elemental weakness until I manage to find myself a 20% quality chance to ignite?
Quality chance to ignite just increases burn duration. You should look for a 20% Explosive Arrow first. Up until you have it Flammability would help ;).
I managed to get a quality 14% today for quite cheap is that adequate enough until i manage to level my gem to 20 or get a 20% quality one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info