Witch Builds List 1.0 - 2.4 (closed)

"
bump, let's keep this on first page

Indeed, a very useful thread. Thanks :) Maybee a mod can make it sticky?
"
reinimax wrote:
Maybee a mod can make it sticky?

My thoughts exactly. It should be a sticky thread.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Bump for sticky
Couldnt agree more, I wish we had one of these for every forum.
Last edited by Stoops417 on Dec 29, 2013, 8:21:43 AM
added
[1.0.4] Asharin's Vaal Pact CoC-Discharger

check remark #3 on my second post.
Happy new year to everyone
Happy New Year. May your map rolls be high in quantity, rare drops plentiful and gems linked :)

Anyway, this has been bothering me since I first glazed the skill tree, back before I even started playing PoE...

Why is CI picked? You get immunity to chaos damage, which is nice as it's hard to stack chaos resistances. But there's doesn't seem to be that many chaos damage sources, yet CI causes so many other issues. Damage over time. Life leech not working on ES unless you take Ghost Reaver (more points wasted). Vulnerability to stun and freeze which forces one to take suboptimal yet hard to find gear. All that just to get those additional ES nodes behind CI?

I'm asking this because I'm closing in on the 2,5k ES mark, but picking CI might just ruin my character and I don't want for that to happen :)
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
Happy New Year. May your map rolls be high in quantity, rare drops plentiful and gems linked :)

Anyway, this has been bothering me since I first glazed the skill tree, back before I even started playing PoE...

Why is CI picked? You get immunity to chaos damage, which is nice as it's hard to stack chaos resistances. But there's doesn't seem to be that many chaos damage sources, yet CI causes so many other issues. Damage over time. Life leech not working on ES unless you take Ghost Reaver (more points wasted). Vulnerability to stun and freeze which forces one to take suboptimal yet hard to find gear. All that just to get those additional ES nodes behind CI?

I'm asking this because I'm closing in on the 2,5k ES mark, but picking CI might just ruin my character and I don't want for that to happen :)

Wrong thread but here we go:
The main reason for taking CI is that you can pick up way more ES on gear than HP. Stacking ES and taking ES nodes usually means that you won't invest in life nodes and don't look for life on gear (because that additional mod restricts the available gear you can choose from). With a low life pool you fall easy victim to chaos damage (with less than 1000 HP every poison cloud in late game is gonna one or two hit you). Solution: Take CI or wear a Shavronne's Wrappings.
That doesn't mean that you are forced to choose between a life based and an ES based build. My HC witch uses both life and ES (3500 HP + 2500 ES atm) but i had to look for more specific gear than usual.
I'd like to add a few other things.
With CI you are always at Full Life and that can have some benefits.
Another good thing is that you can use Blood Rage without any worries because you won't lose life due to the chaos damage that it deals to you per second.
Without CI life leech still doesn't apply to your ES .. so you might aswell throw away all your ES since you can't replenish it via leech.
You are right that there are not many chaos damage dealing opponents .. but if you have low life and low/no chaos resists the encounters with them will be deadly... for you...
Another good thing about CI is the 4 ES nodes behind it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 2, 2014, 3:21:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info