~Updated Endgame 9K ES IR+CI+VP CoC EK-Discharger~Outrageous DPS + Anti-Reflect~Added DPS version!

Idea of the Build:

Crit-Based Cycloner
Insane amounts of DPS
As tanky as possible
Have no problems with Physical/Elemental Reflect

Keystones:

Chaos Innoculation
Ghost Reaver
Vaal Pact
Iron Reflexes

Skills Used:

Cyclone (as a trigger for EK/Discharge)
Critical Weakness (To increase DPS)

Gameplay
Spoiler

This build has extremely high DPS and survivability. There's also a lot of flexibility in terms of itemization and gearing.

You typically spin into a pack of mobs and start discharging and ek-ing all the surrounding mobs.

You can do maps with Physical Reflect. You will not die at all. Proven and tested. Unlike the Danmaku build, this variant I created allows you to run Blood Rage, giving you Increased Attack Speed and also Frenzy Charges for Discharge. You also have Immortal Call as a backup. Against Physical Reflect Mobs, you are leeching 8.8%(LL Gem) of Elemental Damage due to Discharge and 8.8% Physical Damage of EK, hence the insane survivability of your character.

Maps with Temporal Chains will not affect this build much. I personally feel that the slower Cyclone means that I stay longer in the packs of mobs, and usually before I spin out they are all dead. Most map mobs die to one cycle of Cyclone usually.

Maps with Elemental Reflect and Minus Max Res are not really a concern, since you do insane Life Leech from EK.

Maps with Blood Magic cannot be done, especially since this is a CI build.

You also always want to be keeping your Granite Flasks up when Cycloning into mobs, since an unexpected desync or two might be nasty at times. Will be fairly easy to keep Granite flasks activated most of the time as your crits will fill the flasks up pretty quickly if they have the Crit mod.

Videos
Spoiler
'72 Torture Chamber (Tanking Boss)

'72 Jungle Valley Elemental Reflect

'74 Gorge Physical Reflect

'74 Maze Double Boss

'76 Crematorium Boss Rush (by Reoxy)

'77 Shrine Physical Reflect

Passive Tree
Spoiler
30 Points:

45 Points:

60 Points:

75 Points:

90 Points:

110 Points:

120 Points:

My Gear
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler
Unbuffed:

- 7700 ES
- 1200 Mana
- 3635 Armor/32% Physical Reduction
- 75 Fire Res
- 75 Lightning Res
- 75 Cold Res
- -60 Chaos Res
- 46 Mana Regen

Buffed:

- 9000 ES (Discipline)
- 1200 Mana
- 7800 Armor/50% Physical Reduction (Grace)
- 75 Fire Res
- 75 Lightning Res
- 75 Cold Res
- -60 Chaos res
- 156.9 Mana Regen

Gear Choices
Spoiler
Helm:

You will want to get a 300-400 ES Rare Hubris Circlet with nice res and accuracy rating if possible.

Chest:

Highly recommended partly due to the easier rolling of required colours.

Weapon:

So you want to be getting daggers with high innate Critical Chance, with other mods like Increased Spell Damage, Increased Attack Speed(since you proc more crits when you attack more per second), Increased Critical Chance for Spells, and even Accuracy Rating.

Currently, the highest innate crit for any dagger is 10.04%. Always try to get a rare Platinum Kris due to the "80% Increased Global Critical Strike Chance" implicit mod.

Shield/Offhand:

You want to get high ES on your shield since its the 2nd highest source of ES in terms of items. I currently use the first one because of the mana reg and resistances it provides but DPS alternatives would be the second one or those with high rolled Spell Damage mods.

Amulet:

I prefer yellow amulets since they give a lot of DPS and survivability, but Voll's Devotion will also give you quite some DPS and armor if you invest in Endurance Charges.

Rings:

I use GFA with a rare diamond ring because this one has almost +400 Accuracy rating with Intelligence and so on. Some players prefer two GBA, that's perfectly fine. Dream Fragments is a must if you don't have Auxium.

Gloves:

Either is fine. If you can't cap res or want more ES, the rare is always better. Though you can still use yellows even if you cap res because of the 300+ Accuracy Rating which equates to about ~3-4% more chance to hit. Maligaro's is a great DPS alternative.

Boots:

Best in slot. Nuff said.

Belts:

If you can cap resistances without belt, then Auxium is best-in-slot.

Flasks:

Pretty much self-explanatory. Roll the Surgeon mod on your flasks, that's a must.

DPS Version

Spoiler

A 6L Voll's Protector will increase your DPS immensely, at the cost of survivability, since you lose a lot of Armor (Evasion converted by Iron Reflexes) and ES. With this chest you destroy mobs in 6 man groups the same speed as soloing. That extra eHP on mobs in groups will not matter :)

Bandit Rewards:
Spoiler
Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Gem Combinations:

Spoiler
6-Link:

Cyclone - Cast on Critical Strike - Discharge - Ethereal Knvies - PCoC - Life Leech

3-Link:

CwDT - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call

Reduced Mana - Clarity - Determination

Curses: Critical Weakness

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

Q: You do not have Unwavering Stance, and do not use Eye of Chayula. How do you handle stun?

Spoiler
You cannot get stunned while Cycloning.

Q: How do you keep up with the high cost of Perma-Cyclone without Mana Leech?
Spoiler
Some Mana Regen/Increased Mana% Nodes, as well as Mana Regen on gear if possible.

Q: Why do you not run Hatred?
Spoiler
As of now, this build already gives me insane DPS. I did try to map with Hatred, but my DPS reached levels where I had trouble with double Physical Reflect, not that I would insta-rip though. Hence, I have been using either Determination or Grace depending on the situation.

Q: Does this build do more DPS than the original Danmaku build?
Spoiler
Definitely.

Q: Is this build tankier than the original Danmaku build?
Spoiler
Definitely.

Q: Can you do maps with Physical Reflect or Elemental Reflect mods?
Spoiler
Yes. I can even handle double Physical Reflect. With Hatred as one of my active auras I might not if the pack is too large. I might burst myself down, though there is Immortal Call, but still its risky.

Q: Why is it that sometimes while Cycloning, your Discharges actually freeze the mobs?
Spoiler
This character uses Blood Rage actively, hence when I Discharge, the Frenzy charges I have will be expended, and if it was a critical Discharge, the Cold damage will freeze the mobs.

Q: Which are your two main auras?
Spoiler
Clarity and Discipline. Sometimes Grace(instead of Discipline).

Q: Why do you use EV/ES items/armor instead of AR/ES? You could use AR/ES and save points on getting Iron Reflexes.
Spoiler
On the right of the Shadow Tree, there are two huge clusters of EV/ES nodes that are very convenient for the Witch to pick up. If you used AR/ES items you would find it hard to scale up your armor late-game.

Q: How do you handle bosses alone with this build?
Spoiler
This character can burst down most bosses in seconds, mostly less than 10 seconds. Just walk straight to the boss and tank via your crazy DPS. Against bosses like Shock and Horror (Torture Chamber), I just walk straight to her and start Cycloning. For added safety, you can always switch your Determination/Grace to auras like Purity of Lightning for bosses like Piety(Temple), Shock and Horror(Torture Chamber), and Purity of Fire for bosses like Harbinger(Cells).

Q: What bosses can you do solo?
Spoiler
The only bosses which I might avoid solo are those with 1hit-ko mechanics, and these are bosses from Residence(74), Maze(74), Crematorium(76), Shrine(77), and both Courtyard(78) and Palace(78). I can tank the one-hit of most of the aforementioned bosses, but it is too risky, and one desync means death. Especially when you Whirling Blades away from Vaal's Smash only to realise you desynced and died at the original spot.
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Feb 26, 2014, 9:53:19 PM
Reserved for future edits!

~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Feb 13, 2014, 4:36:07 AM
"
Wishinan wrote:

This is one of the builds in the game which work well with relatively cheap gears and scales extremely well with end-game gear.

This build has extremely high DPS in mind and has a lot of flexibility in terms of itemization and gearing.

Have to nit-pick a little here: For a low-life build it seems that Shavronnes is mandatory which is pretty much the opposite of cheap and flexible.

EDIT: Just remembered, that Voll's Devotion no longer drops (was anarchy/onslaught only unique). How would the build work without it?
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Dec 29, 2013, 4:42:10 PM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Wishinan wrote:

This is one of the builds in the game which work well with relatively cheap gears and scales extremely well with end-game gear.

This build has extremely high DPS in mind and has a lot of flexibility in terms of itemization and gearing.

Have to nit-pick a little here: For a low-life build it seems that Shavronnes is mandatory which is pretty much the opposite of cheap and flexible.

EDIT: Just remembered, that Voll's Devotion no longer drops (was anarchy/onslaught only unique). How would the build work without it?

Indeed, 6L Shav's is the endgame goal this build will have in mind.

Voll's still drops in Standard, looted one about two weeks back :)

If you only have Voll's Protector, run 2 auras instead of 3. I would recommend Purity of Lightning and Discipline then. One thing to note is that using Voll's Protector will give you more ES due to the accessbility to the Infused Shield node after Chaos Innoculation.
Last edited by Wishinan on Dec 29, 2013, 8:51:02 PM
"
Wishinan wrote:
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

Voll's still drops in Standard, looted one about two weeks back :)

If you only have Voll's Protector, run 2 auras instead of 3. I would recommend Purity of Lightning and Discipline then. One thing to note is that using Voll's Protector will give you more ES due to the accessbility to the Infused Shield node after Chaos Innoculation.

I meant Voll's Devotion, the agate amulet that grants endurance charges on power charge consumption. Will the build work without those endurance charges?
"
Bada_Bing wrote:

I meant Voll's Devotion, the agate amulet that grants endurance charges on power charge consumption. Will the build work without those endurance charges?

Of course this build would work without Voll's Devotion. Some players choose to go safe and stick to their Eye of Chayula and that is perfectly fine.

It's just that Voll's Devotion gives you more damage since you get Endurance Charges to discharge for damage, as well as a tad more survivability since each endurance charge gives +4% Physical Damage reduction and +4% additional Elemental Resistances.

If you really want to go on the crazy offensive though you could go for a rare yellow amulet like:

This is a good example. You probably get more DPS and more ES, that's for sure. But if you run out of Power Charges you have nothing to discharge, that's the flipside.

Last edited by Wishinan on Jan 8, 2014, 10:59:43 AM
Up for any queries!
Generally, this build does very well against large pack of mobs, since your trigger attack procs more when it passes through more mobs. In short,the larger the pack of mobs, the greater the DPS output.

Against a single target, Cyclone is way better than Spectral Throw for proccing crits to discharge.

Against a pack of mobs, Spectral Throw is a clear winner. Since ST can pass through almost half a screen, all mobs in that range of a GMP-ed ST will proc crits, and hence the massive damage outburst of Discharge.

Many people have PM-ed me asking me whether this character can handle end-game bosses. It is decent, though this character skips most end-game bosses just like most other characters for the same reason.

However, this build does extremely well against certain bosses in this game. An example would be Spinner of False Hope, the boss of Jungle Valley. Because this boss spawns so many mobs, with this character you could just stand at one corner and spam your Spectral Throw.

Hello man, I'm thinking about trying this build out with selffound and only buy gear from what currency I find in preparation for the new league to find the build I wanna do, I've always wanted to try a discharge. Would you recommend this build?
"
Pjey wrote:
Hello man, I'm thinking about trying this build out with selffound and only buy gear from what currency I find in preparation for the new league to find the build I wanna do, I've always wanted to try a discharge. Would you recommend this build?

Yes, of course I would. The only costly item would be the 6L Shavronne's Wrappings. Do note that Voll's Devotion does not drop in the new leagues, so you could use Eye of Chayula or a rare yellow amulet that gives Crit Chance/Multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info