1.1 Updated [HC/Inv] EB/MoM/AA SuperTank Spectral Throw (Works with Mjölner!!Tested!)

Build looks fun and solid, after having made a fail build around Dyadus I've rerolled and going to try this out. Looks very good =)
Pants of Textile
"
Would have preferred to see solo play carnage tank, since in a party you have all the auras you want.

Or you not recommend this for solo?

How much hp you had, and armor with granite / jade flask on?

this is a great solo build. the auras did make it easy. and it was the first time tanking that boss so i was excited!!

"
Tandjent wrote:
This is a great build and I had a lot of fun following it but I'm sitting at LVL 75 now and I'm a little stuck and not sure where to go. I don't have MOM yet but I do have Eldritch Battery. Although it isn't doing anything for me since I have zero ES. My gear is all Armor/Evasion. I can solo most stuff reasonably well but I don't feel like I'm a super tank yet. I'm sure MOM plus a ton of ES would help that but I feel very stuck with my current gear. If anyone has some ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated!

i think your gear looks awesome. going mom/eb just requires u to get a decent armor/es or ev/es armor.. or you can run disc!

"
VernoInferno wrote:
I think I will give this build a try for the one week race. Thanks for sharing Dbum!!!

let me know how it goes!!
"
nikals wrote:
Build looks fun and solid, after having made a fail build around Dyadus I've rerolled and going to try this out. Looks very good =)

well i hope this build can take you into a successful character! hope u like it
IGN @Dbum
arent
really good items for this build? %inc mana and mana regen and + mana. I'm currently using both of them and i was wondering if there is something about them that makes them not good for this build?
Last edited by xkrissi on Jan 6, 2014, 7:31:55 AM
"
xkrissi wrote:
arent
really good items for this build? %inc mana and mana regen and + mana. I'm currently using both of them and i was wondering if there is something about them that makes them not good for this build?

those are really good but u lose the potential to have 188 to max life so i dont know about that. i personally prefer more life
IGN @Dbum
I'm pretty new to the game and this is my second Nemesis char after my first one died at lvl 76 (a life based reaver) and I'm using now your build but I dont really understand what I'm doing wrong or why I'm so squishey. I'm just lvl 67 so this might change soon but for now I feel like im just too weak compared to the reave build before. I'm at a 44% physical damage reduction, all elemental resists are at 75% (my chaos is still -60, working on this)
4k life and 1800 mana (923 is reserved)

My damage is pretty similar to the reave build ( a little less but when I reach lvl 76 it'll be around the same.

I just dont understand what exactly makes you tankier in this build then in other ones. Is Arctic Armour really good ? (I'm leveling it right now). I just feel like I can get oneshot pretty fast even tho I have +high Life / 75% all res and a 600 ES Chest Piece for more mana.

I'm gonna link you some of my gear, its pretty nooby gear since I'm really poor but it would be nice if you could tell me on what to improve next.

What I REALLY like about this build is that I was able to rush through all all content and that I was able to farm Piety with lvl 63 already. Playing through the game made so much fun and its nice that you dont need any expensive legendarys for it to work. I'm just trying to understand why you use all of those mana things in the passive tree.

Also another question : What level should I run Clarity on with my 1800 mana (900 reserved) ?
Last edited by Fubnub1 on Jan 7, 2014, 6:55:34 PM
Hey, actually im not posting for your st build, but for the sa build: is the lightning coil saving your ass from an offscreen rare reflect while critting?
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
Fubnub1 wrote:
I'm pretty new to the game and this is my second Nemesis char after my first one died at lvl 76 (a life based reaver) and I'm using now your build but I dont really understand what I'm doing wrong or why I'm so squishey. I'm just lvl 67 so this might change soon but for now I feel like im just too weak compared to the reave build before. I'm at a 44% physical damage reduction, all elemental resists are at 75% (my chaos is still -60, working on this)
4k life and 1800 mana (923 is reserved)

My damage is pretty similar to the reave build ( a little less but when I reach lvl 76 it'll be around the same.

I just dont understand what exactly makes you tankier in this build then in other ones. Is Arctic Armour really good ? (I'm leveling it right now). I just feel like I can get oneshot pretty fast even tho I have +high Life / 75% all res and a 600 ES Chest Piece for more mana.

I'm gonna link you some of my gear, its pretty nooby gear since I'm really poor but it would be nice if you could tell me on what to improve next.

What I REALLY like about this build is that I was able to rush through all all content and that I was able to farm Piety with lvl 63 already. Playing through the game made so much fun and its nice that you dont need any expensive legendarys for it to work. I'm just trying to understand why you use all of those mana things in the passive tree.

Also another question : What level should I run Clarity on with my 1800 mana (900 reserved) ?

your gear looks pretty good. i personally didnt go eb/mom till i was lvl 75, at that lvl i had my life/armor set up in the tree and all my mana regen nodes. it makes a big difference before going eb/mom.

arctic armor is insane for any fire/phys dmg. just lvl it as high as your mana regen allows.

"
Kiri2k wrote:
Hey, actually im not posting for your st build, but for the sa build: is the lightning coil saving your ass from an offscreen rare reflect while critting?

i run a immortal call set up that takes care of reflect for the most part. and if any does get through lightning coil reduces the dmg. same goes for any phys attacks.
IGN @Dbum
thanks :) I got A LOT tankier now after I leveled Arctic Armour and I'm using my Clarity even tho it reduces my mana pool by a lot as the source for mana reg that I need to run it.

For running Piety Arctic Armour is amazing, not sure how it'll go when I reach the state of running maps tho.
Last edited by Fubnub1 on Jan 9, 2014, 5:44:16 AM
"
Fubnub1 wrote:
thanks :) I got A LOT tankier now after I leveled Arctic Armour and I'm using my Clarity even tho it reduces my mana pool by a lot as the source for mana reg that I need to run it.

For running Piety Arctic Armour is amazing, not sure how it'll go when I reach the state of running maps tho.

AA is amazing in maps, when u get surrounded by mele mobs they, for the most part, do nothing to you.

i would give yourself atleast 700ish mana unreserved for mom imo.
IGN @Dbum
Hello,

Do you think it's ok something like 700 armor, 300 es chest armor? How about Carcass? Do I need to look for es on other gear as well? How much mana (unreserved) should i aim for...well, something decent for 70 maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info