Please give us loot options

"
When I play solo I wait until all monsters are dead to pick up loot.

no clever behaviour as a instance crash or a crying girlfriend on the door would prevent you from getting your items.

i agree to your suggestion that the loot timer should be dynamic and want to add the suggestion i read in another thread, whcih is to remove player names from drops to get rid of this "ninjaing" accusations.

it just brings childish "this toy is mine" behaviour and so bad blood into the game play. drops are assigned to a unknown player and if the timer runs out it's free for all. should be working as intended.
So hide the name and keep the timer? Other players would see it grayed out with the timer and the assigned player would see it highlighted. As long as the timer mechanics were changed to be more dynamic this would be a good change.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
"
wrathmar wrote:
So hide the name and keep the timer? Other players would see it grayed out with the timer and the assigned player would see it highlighted. As long as the timer mechanics were changed to be more dynamic this would be a good change.

Better would be to lose the timer and keep the name. :)
In a very grind heavy game the death penalty equates to...more grinding.
Timer system is perfect

Do not change!
"
TheSwampDog wrote:
"
wrathmar wrote:

Better would be to lose the timer and keep the name. :)

Without the timer there would be too many items that would be left on the ground grayed out. Even if they included the right click function there would still be unclaimed items.

The current loot system needs to have a timer to automatically clear the loot assignment. I feel that the current setup is too punishing and sacrifices fun in exchange for a cut-throat feel.

GGG needs to tweak the current system to remove some of the frustration while not causing the game to stop every time a rare item drops.
"
DaleWinters wrote:
Timer system is perfect

Do not change!

No system is ever “Perfect”. The current system has some issues but is good in theory
PRO :
-You clearly know what is yours
-Loot does not remained unclaimed
-Combat does not stop to decide loot assignment
CON:
-You have to stop combat every time an item drops
-Players that focus on loot over combat will gain more items
-Loot timer causes Co-op pace to be too frantic

This is beta and it is our job to let the developer know when something is not working the way that it should. The current loot system is causing frustration with your core player base. Frustration will increase with more players and the new non-committed players will quit over the loot system.
"
wrathmar wrote:

This is beta and it is our job to let the developer know when something is not working the way that it should.

The current loot system is working the way it "should". You just have a personal opinion about how you would like it to be different.

When I first started PoE over a year ago, I was adamant about loot options as well.. but after playing the game more and reading opinions of the players and devs, I 100% support the current timed FFA system.

I think one of the reasons I support it so strongly now is the tone of the players whining about it. They assume they know what is best for games and that all players share the exact same opinion as them.

There are 3 A+ ARPG titles.. each has different game systems and mechanics. If you don't like how one game plays, there are other games. All these people saying a good developer would offer options have not gone to the games with instanced loot and asked for options.

You only want options because the current system isn't the one you want. You don't want options, you want your way.

No new perspective or ideas are offered in this thread. It's just more of the same. People think that repeating the same arguments over and over make the argument stronger. That isn't the way it works.

+1 for KEEP IT AS IS. I'd be glad if half the entitled gamers moved on to another community.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Oct 31, 2012, 10:43:53 AM
"
Panda413 wrote:
"
wrathmar wrote:

This is beta and it is our job to let the developer know when something is not working the way that it should.

The current loot system is working the way it "should". You just have a personal opinion about how you would like it to be different.

When I first started PoE over a year ago, I was adamant about loot options as well.. but after playing the game more and reading opinions of the players and devs, I 100% support the current timed FFA system.

I think one of the reasons I support it so strongly now is the tone of the players whining about it. They assume they know what is best for games and that all players share the exact same opinion as them.

There are 3 A+ ARPG titles.. each has different game systems and mechanics. If you don't like how one game plays, there are other games. All these people saying a good developer would offer options have not gone to the games with instanced loot and asked for options.

You only want options because the current system isn't the one you want. You don't want options, you want your way.

No new perspective or ideas are offered in this thread. It's just more of the same. People think that repeating the same arguments over and over make the argument stronger. That isn't the way it works.

+1 for KEEP IT AS IS. I'd be glad if half the entitled gamers moved on to another community.

Did you even read the post or did you just jump to the last page to attack me? I am not winning I am hoping that the game will improve and flourish.

If “half the entitled gamers moved on to another community” the game would die due to a lack of player base. I have taken time to think of multiple ways to improve the system without moving to fully instanced. Do you have any ideas to add?
Wow Panda... so because you adapted to this loot system within 1+ year of play, you now think this frantic loot grabbing should be appreciated by all the players? Man, not everyone is as hardcore as you are. Far from it.

In fact, many new players won't stick around until they "like" the system. After getting a couple fusion/alch and yellows grabbed from them, much QQ and forum whining will ensue. Most people play games to have fun, you know, not to frustrate and stress out. There's been some whining now, but it's nothing compared to what will happen after the flood gates are open in 5 weeks.

I'm not saying get rid of FFA loot, I say give more options to the players. Make as many players happy as possible, because that's how the coffers at GGG will get full of loot and we will get a better game for many years.

Or, make a compromise loot system. FFA with timer gear and instanced currency/gems, for starters.
Last edited by Thalandor on Oct 31, 2012, 11:22:23 AM
"
wrathmar wrote:

Did you even read the post or did you just jump to the last page to attack me? I am not winning I am hoping that the game will improve and flourish.

If “half the entitled gamers moved on to another community” the game would die due to a lack of player base. I have taken time to think of multiple ways to improve the system without moving to fully instanced. Do you have any ideas to add?

Did you even read the response our just jump to the party where I attacked you?

I said "keep it as is"... You haven't added anything new to this discussion either. You just made your own thread to repeat the same ideas that have been offered a dozen times already.

I assure you that GGG has read and considered more ideas than you could come up with on your own. They have decided to stick with the current system. You telling them it's wrong or broken or "core" players will quit is ridiculous.

You are failing to recognize the line between feedback and entitlement. This is not your game. You are not qualified to say how the game should be played. You do not know how many players will like/dislike the system. You are giving your personal opinion more weight than it actually warrants.

As I've said to a dozen complainers before you.. You aren't even offering feedback to the devs, you are trying to convince other players you are right and GGG is wrong.

Anti-FFA has become the /r/circlejerk of the PoE forums.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Oct 31, 2012, 11:21:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info