Rangers gone for good.....

don't know about other builds, but my ranger is stronger than ever with 1.0

rangers were quite op before and now they are even more op.
Sure I lost 10% dps coz I cant have 4 auras. But I gained more HP, better acrobatics, and can now shoot sustainably coz they reduced split arrow cost so the leech + regen is just enough. Before I considered going BM after 1.0 hits just to sustain fire, but with this I don't need to.

So if you feel you are underpowered now, it may be u did not rly consider the new tree and all the combinations u have. Just copying old builds will not cut it perhaps, even tho the ranger part was not changed, due to changes in aura mechanics.

I absolutely see no problems with ranger atm

my build

items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
just being negative. removed.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Oct 24, 2013, 9:36:54 AM
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
yetigogo wrote:
lol some guy above said ranger as good as never, haha. before patch 2,8k hp 7k la, with other buff i could go for 9,5k
altho i respected(wanted to get 90lvl) to 3600 hp and 5k la(lmp chain)

and now, i got 4k hp and 2,5k la cause i am not able to use any auras(due to blood magic).
if i take node + reduced mana i remain with 2600 hp only. thats real bad.

How does the fact that your character respec has been done poorly, mean that I was wrong with what I said.

This game has changed now that it has moved out of Beta. If you believe you could keep the exact same spec as before without having to make amendments, then you had the wrong idea regarding release.

You sound like one of these people who will be creating threads saying "omg, auras nerfed and now no builds are viable. Trash game, gg, I quit... see you tomorrow".

Chill out, look at your options and step away from a multi-aura 1-button Ranger and open your mind to the possibilities. There are way more of them now... especially with Ranger!

still like the game, there is almost nothign changed at my side of tree, just bigger hp nodes. yes so i kept it same. high atack speed high critic. there is nothing more to take. what was worth to take i did. most of nodes i didnt take are melee nodes now, or some silly extra mana
ign: GoPizza
"
missuse wrote:

Sure I lost 10% dps coz I cant have 4 auras. But I gained more HP, better acrobatics, and can now shoot sustainably coz they reduced split arrow cost so the leech + regen is just enough. Before I considered going BM after 1.0 hits just to sustain fire, but with this I don't need to.

So if you feel you are underpowered now, it may be u did not rly consider the new tree and all the combinations u have. Just copying old builds will not cut it perhaps, even tho the ranger part was not changed, due to changes in aura mechanics.

my build

Checked out your build. You must have like 3.4k health or something like that.

Not bad for running Piety or some light mapping, but I doubt you can do Dominus with that tree unless you're wearing a Kaom's lol.

Still skeptical of an HP based Ranger being very good, too few HP nodes around it seems. I might go CI on mine.
Team Won
Im a physical bow ranger and while pre patch i ran 3 auras grace determination and hatred and i was far from OP now i can run 2 auras only and either do 2k dps less or have 16% less armor.
To those saying ranger are stronger now you dont what your talking about what you mean is if you use a ranger and use a scion build its ok but then why not go scion.

To missuse so you are not using a bow then or you would taken the bow passives you skiped and Bloodmagic and the nodes that make it JUST viable will cost you 26 points extra just for 1 extra aura where as any toon starting on the left side of the tree get all that for 10 points.

Really there is no defending this nerf as anything other than massively heavy handed the easy way to have handled this was to cap auras at 3 and DONT buff them at all or allow 1 defensive 1 offensive and 1 support easy and fair.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Don't feel bad, they nerfed all casters/ES users as well! Melee life is where it is at now. And party only so you get auras.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
"
missuse wrote:

my build

Checked out your build. You must have like 3.4k health or something like that.

Not bad for running Piety or some light mapping, but I doubt you can do Dominus with that tree unless you're wearing a Kaom's lol.

Still skeptical of an HP based Ranger being very good, too few HP nodes around it seems. I might go CI on mine.

I destroy dominus :) and basically any map I played (I admit 75 was highest) except jungle volley pre patch, pretty sure will be able to do it now quite easy. I die, cant lie about it, but most of the time is my own fault, hence I play on std. But almost never can I say its because my build is bad. Except in Jungle volley.

I got 3750 hp - I find I really don't need more with a ranged character. Why would you even want 6k with ranged?
890 mana - around 500 free after hatred
75 to all res
-60 chaos - I did not buff it since I did not die once to chaos yet
and
5,8k dps split arrow with chain and LgOH - I regen almost all with 2-3 shots
15k - puncture
52% chance to evade
30$ chance to dodge (soon to be 40%)

gear

nothing ranged can one shoot me so far. I don't rly need to tank Cole do I. Puncture and run till he dude dies is my game.

"
maxor wrote:
Im a physical bow ranger and while pre patch i ran 3 auras grace determination and hatred and i was far from OP now i can run 2 auras only and either do 2k dps less or have 16% less armor.
To those saying ranger are stronger now you dont what your talking about what you mean is if you use a ranger and use a scion build its ok but then why not go scion.

To missuse so you are not using a bow then or you would taken the bow passives you skiped and Bloodmagic and the nodes that make it JUST viable will cost you 26 points extra just for 1 extra aura where as any toon starting on the left side of the tree get all that for 10 points.

Really there is no defending this nerf as anything other than massively heavy handed the easy way to have handled this was to cap auras at 3 and DONT buff them at all or allow 1 defensive 1 offensive and 1 support easy and fair.

I am using a bow, its a crit build, I have 40% chance to crit and over 800% multilayer - I find I don't need any more dmg.

Mana makes it viable for me, BM is not the only way to play ranger. I play ranger since CB and I have had 3 end game rangers.

BM phys (non crit)
ele/CI (non crit)
and this one

I agree auras are not good at 60% reservation, coz like this they punish the mana heavy and EB users. 400-500 man reservation is ok at lvl 20, but not 60%, why even invest in mana? Better to invest in mana reserved passives.

But that's besides the point. Ranger was op, ranger is still op. If yours isn't, its bad design not bad game design. Saying Scion is a better Bower than ranger is like saying
Shadow is a better crit ranger than ranger. It simply is not true.

Try my build before you critique it. Not only LA/BM is viable you know.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Oct 24, 2013, 3:48:16 PM
"
Zanixx wrote:
"
yetigogo wrote:
lol some guy above said ranger as good as never, haha. before patch 2,8k hp 7k la, with other buff i could go for 9,5k
altho i respected(wanted to get 90lvl) to 3600 hp and 5k la(lmp chain)

and now, i got 4k hp and 2,5k la cause i am not able to use any auras(due to blood magic).
if i take node + reduced mana i remain with 2600 hp only. thats real bad.

How does the fact that your character respec has been done poorly, mean that I was wrong with what I said.

This game has changed now that it has moved out of Beta. If you believe you could keep the exact same spec as before without having to make amendments, then you had the wrong idea regarding release.

You sound like one of these people who will be creating threads saying "omg, auras nerfed and now no builds are viable. Trash game, gg, I quit... see you tomorrow".

Chill out, look at your options and step away from a multi-aura 1-button Ranger and open your mind to the possibilities. There are way more of them now... especially with Ranger!

Just gotta love know-it-all fanboys.
It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
make all auras reserve 40% mana so players can have 2 auras running at max
You likely have no idea what you are talking about o.0
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info