"
Nonsensei436 wrote:
I have to say, the purpose of AoF really does escape me. Its a flat out damage loss and all you get in return is that all the damage you deal is fire damage.

But so what? Why is that good? Why is that worth cutting all your non fire damage in half? So you can set things on fire? So you can get past physical mitigation? Thats all fine and good until you hit fire resistant monsters.

Skill seems terrible. Yes, I know you can force it to work in some builds but that doesn't make it good.

It makes it niche. And thats the whole point of the damn thing.

For the fire resistance point, Double/Triple/Quadcurse, Fire pen, and in parties, Elemental Equilibrium.

There are plenty of ways to deal with resistance, when you only deal a since type of damage.

Benefiting from Melee Physical + Weapon Elemental is really fucking good in Infernal blow builds.

Cold > Fire + AoF is pretty great for some discharge builds.

Burning bear traps (Added Fire + Hatred + AoF + Hrimsorrow + Chernobogs Pillar + Cold > Fire, It now does 170%+ Of its base damage in fire damage. Same exact thing can be done with EK.)

Dont be so narrow minded in a game like PoE. Things arent black and white.
Last edited by ScarletDevil on Nov 16, 2013, 2:31:41 PM
There are only a few situations where AoF can benefit you.

One simple thing is Infernal Blow. If you use AoF with Infernal Blow all your physical
damage gets converted to fire.
The main advantage is that you get full scaling with melee physical damage and weapon elemental damage at the same time while still being able to fully utilize added fire damage.
The thing abouth Path of Exile is that there is good amounts of wery interesting, unique and simply strong builds, but there is almost infinit amounts of rediculously bad builds you can make and one single mistake can ruin your character even on high lvl. The worst part that you can't just reset the try to "start over", you have to get refund points or create a new character, both not so easy, but besically all game are focused on building perfect champion and it is so easy to make mistake, that is what I don't understand.
In lot's of game that has some sort of "Skill tree", you can for free or for reasonable fee restart it (For example WoW) and continue with your life by building yoour champion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info