Cast when Stunned

If anyone is curious, this is the build as it now stands:

Equipment
Spoiler

Passives

Since I have a level 19 blood magic gem now, I don't need any "-% mana reservation" nodes, and I've phased out the aura nodes entirely. Now using the shield block nodes near the Templar section instead of those near the Duelist and between the Ranger and Shadow, resulting in slightly more efficiency. I've taken Whispers of Doom, allowing me to forgo Deirdre's Damning in favor of The Taming. Next I plan on grabbing "Instability (+1 Power Charge) and "4% increased damage per power charge."

She has no problem running maps in the high 70s, with the exception of a few bosses with excessive DoT effects like the various versions of Dominus.
does it still trigger with "Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting" bonuses such as the "Practical Application" notable passive?
That which does not kill us, makes a huge mistake.
"
dnmr wrote:
does it still trigger with "Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting" bonuses such as the "Practical Application" notable passive?

I don't know what you mean. The supported skills bypass a cast time so the supported skills can never be interrupted.

"Avoid interruption from Stuns while Casting" does not help or inhibit this support in any way.

As the wiki states chance to proc occurs if you get stunner OR would have gotten stunned, i.e if you have 100% stun recovery or 100% block recovery it will still have a chance to proc.

That's what I'm inferring from the wiki I haven't tested it with 100% stun recovery.

IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
100% block/stun recovery is basically the opposite of stun duration. if +100% stun duration doubles the 350ms "pause", then a +100% recovery halves that.
Can I have BOTH CWDT and Cast on Stun linked to Enduring Cry?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
If anyone is curious, this is the build as it now stands:

Equipment
Spoiler

Passives

Since I have a level 19 blood magic gem now, I don't need any "-% mana reservation" nodes, and I've phased out the aura nodes entirely. Now using the shield block nodes near the Templar section instead of those near the Duelist and between the Ranger and Shadow, resulting in slightly more efficiency. I've taken Whispers of Doom, allowing me to forgo Deirdre's Damning in favor of The Taming. Next I plan on grabbing "Instability (+1 Power Charge) and "4% increased damage per power charge."

She has no problem running maps in the high 70s, with the exception of a few bosses with excessive DoT effects like the various versions of Dominus.

I've had a few people message me about how/if this build still works in 1.3, and in my opinion, no, it does not. It relies too heavily on having that 78% double block chance, and while that's still possible to do, it leaves you without enough to buff your damage to the point where you can reliably leech back the ES you lose.
seems useful until you realize it doesn't include anything that can really save you, can't cast whirling blades, or lightning warp or basically anything that can save you from perpetually death stun lock that meele chars love so much

though, thats a feature of meele, which uh, lol. feature.

ignoring my blatant trolling and candidness here, i guess it's good with like coldsnap or bear trap, aside from a few links, and also lol @ portal on stun, it's effectiveness is well, somewhere between escape in a portal, or pray rng wins out.

honestly, you'll find better combinations.
the best gem in the game.....
Howdy,

I presume that Rejuvenation Totem ought to work with Cast When Stunned?

It doesn't, which is why I ask (Linked in correct order, if relevant). Other skills proc when socketed.

Thanks!
*Pending impressive statement of some variety*
"
copaceticus wrote:
Howdy,

I presume that Rejuvenation Totem ought to work with Cast When Stunned?

It doesn't, which is why I ask (Linked in correct order, if relevant). Other skills proc when socketed.

Thanks!
sorry totems are not a "cast" type skill, they are placed. same for mines and traps, even if there is spells in all three, none are cast which is what trigger gems look for in activating skills linked.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 25, 2015, 1:48:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info