Cast when Damage Taken

"
lolozori wrote:
It make no sense someone FROZEN can t move, use skill but can trigger spells with cwdt.
Make it that frozen players can t use CWTD gems when frozen pls. There is already so much cannot be frozen on items anyway.
Oh. Well, I guess this was more relevant here.
Entirely silly argument. Just, no.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 8, 2015, 1:07:11 PM
Just like Multistrike doesn't work with movement attacks, CWDT shouldn't support any movement spells.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Nov 21, 2015, 9:41:20 AM
http://imgur.com/a/3cHN7

Honestly, this feels unintuitive and makes me sad. I really feel like this should work, but it doesn't, and this punishes a strong form of spell scaling that would make CWDT useful for damage instead of just utility.
where can i find an explanation on how to set up two different CwDT on a char.
I would like to run these:

CwDT + Im. Call + Inc. Dur. + Blood Magic

and the second one:

CwDT + Molten Shell + Arctic Breath + greater multiple projectiles

and a follow up question: will the support gem (GMP) work for arctic breath in a CwDT setup?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
where can i find an explanation on how to set up two different CwDT on a char.

Your example technically has three different CwDT setups, even (although most people would call it two). Supports apply their modifiers to linked Skills - trigger Gems are no different in that regard. Immortal Call gains the trigger, rather than CwDT tracking Damage and triggering Immortal Call.

With that information in mind: each Skill tracks Damage taken separately. Let's say IC triggers at 1500 Damage, and Molten Shell at 500. Take 750 Damage, Molten Shell triggers, and IC has 750 Damage on its tracker. Simple. :)

While a Skill is on cooldown, it does not track incoming Damage. If you take another 750 Damage before the cooldown on Molten Shell finishes, you hit the threshold for IC, but MS will not respond.

The cooldown on MS would only be 0.25 seconds (from CwDT), so that's not too important in the long run. However, Immortal Call comes with a three second cooldown! That's a fairly lengthy timespan in which Damage you take does not count towards triggering the next IC.

Also worth noting: Triggered Skills have no cost. Blood Magic is a bit useless :P

"
Antigegner wrote:
and a follow up question: will the support gem (GMP) work for arctic breath in a CwDT setup?

Of course! It's still the same Skill after all. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 23, 2015, 7:48:14 AM
thank you very much vipermagi!

I made a mistake. I didn't mean BLOOD MAGIC. I wanted to write BLOOD RAGE ;-)

So each CwDT tracks the damage individualy and does not reset if the other one reaches the threshold. good to know.
― Christopher Hitchens
I didn't read all away through, so I'm sorry if this has come up already. GGG, Why not make the threshold a % of the player's life instead? I know that the current setup has some unique and interesting utility, but I feel there should generally not be a reason to avoid leveling up a gem unless you lack the attributes needed to run it.

Quality: + spell damage
Levels: Reduces life threshold %

Pro: No longer rewards keeping it at level 1
Pro: you can easily eyeball how often it should trigger by looking at your health orb.
Pro: Being less life dependent opens it up to more potential builds.
Pro: leveling it up with the reduced % threshold mechanic causes it to trigger more often as it levels, no longer penalizing increased gem levels.

Con: Penalizes rather than rewards a higher life pool by making it trigger less often the higher your life is.
Con: The loss of utility would be disruptive for many builds.
Con: This skill mechanic is a key part of POE and changing it would likely be unpopular.
I'm sure there's other cons, as well.

This is, of course, a suggestion and is more of a lateral change than an improvement.

Edit: yeah, already suggested. I'll still leave this as my take on it.
We are never so offensive as when we are being defensive. (-me?)
Last edited by Grollip on Dec 25, 2015, 12:24:47 AM
I don't think it's a problem that it's beneficial for CWDT to stay at level 1.

I think it's a problem that there is really no reason to use a CWDT higher than level 1.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:

I think it's a problem that there is really no reason to use a CWDT higher than level 1.

not true. example: higher CwDT lets me cast a higher Molten Shell thus giving me more protection. What is true is: you will rarely ever see CwDT higher than LvL 10.
― Christopher Hitchens
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:

not true. example: higher CwDT lets me cast a higher Molten Shell thus giving me more protection. What is true is: you will rarely ever see CwDT higher than LvL 10.

Molten Shell is a crappy protection buff. The more effective physical damage mitigation you have, the faster Molten Shell just blows up. The Armor buff is a token bonus that just makes it possible to eventually trigger the explosion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info