Frost Wall

So I have nothing against this skill except I wouldnt want to see this in its current form in pvp. It is a huge problem for high level dueling.

Thread 1456375 in poe forums contains some discussion regarding frost wall and pvp which I feel like devs should take a look at.

TL:DR of the thread, the wall has to be destroyable somehow and the levels of the skill could increase the hitpoints of it for an example
yea, this skill is broken for pvp.

It should not be able to be auto casted with cwdt.

Actually it make no sense someone FROZEN can t move, use skill but can trigger spells with cwdt.

So nerf icewall so it can t be used in cwdt in pvp or make it have life-point so people need to level it in order to nake it a good defense.

Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
Actually it make no sense someone FROZEN can t move, use skill but can trigger spells with cwdt.

I mean really, you shouldn't be able to Block, Dodge or Evade either.
You can't use Skills, so Freeze really ought to disable Reservation-based stuff too.
Can't breathe when frozen, so maybe you need to catch your breath once you thaw?
Also you should instantly shatter when hit.

CwDT makes linked Skills a passive effect. Just like any other passive effect, it stays active while Frozen. So no, Freeze shouldn't arbitrarily disable CwDT.
So, this skill makes me incredibly sad. I really prefer some more active and reactive play. I've really pumped up my cast speed to crazy levels for that very reason. I thought being able to toss up quick frost walls would be an awesome action based defense against ranged attackers.

Turns out enemies can just shoot right through it.......... The hell is the point of this junk?
Got some bugs since 2.1 with this skill, monsters can sometimes pass through it (im not lagging)
I 've tested it vs ranged skeletons from the Ledge act 1 and all projectiles passed through frostwall.
Last edited by Karz on Dec 23, 2015, 4:06:25 AM
"
Karz wrote:
Got some bugs since 2.1 with this skill, monsters can sometimes pass through it (im not lagging)
I 've tested it vs ranged skeletons from the Ledge act 1 and all projectiles passed through frostwall.

This. Please fix.
While these bugs allow certain projectiles go through frostwall to hit you, the same concept should work against them. I was playing with glacial cascade earlier and for whatever reason, it goes through the frostwall. With this, you can prevent mobs from getting into melee range and always land the sweet spot with glacial cascade that hits mobs twice. I would assume this would work with other spells/attacks that would normally not go through frostwall.

Edit: Before anyone comments on it, I know glacial cascade isn't a projectile. That just happened to be the spell I noticed this bug with.
Last edited by Tekrala on Feb 7, 2016, 12:25:54 AM
Can we please get the old cooldown from 2.0 or the pre 2.0 casting mechanics, and simply make the skill incapable of working with any trigger gems like CoC so that it cannot be abused to crash servers?

I want to make a build that uses self casted frost walls as the primary damage, but this is just not viable given the current cooldown time restriction.
Frost Wall's cooldown can no longer be bypassed by expending Power Charges.
Frost Wall's cooldown has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.

Why would you guys ruin frost wall so hard...

i dont understand why it was nerfed into the ground instead of just leaving it alone.
Please, the projectiles not being stopped by Frost Wall kills it. Please fix this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info