Frost Wall

Monsters, especially rare ones and giant ones just walk through it as if it wasn't there. Bug or working as intended? I hope it to be a bug, because otherwise Frost Wall makes no sense.
If you make it so that the skill acts as a regular wall and the projectiles are either stopped at the first wall or make it so that the amount of walls that can be pierced is somehow limited this skill would become useful again to KB and LA. In its current state KB has almost no single target potential and Frost Wall has lost its use in the game.
I agree with Kybaush. As KB player in Essence league (2.4 patch) frost wall nerf made single target damage drop almost to zero... I'm really early into the league and have bad gear but I can clear low tier maps really fast but when I encounter boss in a room wihtout usable walls or a ranged boss, it takes longer to kill the actual boss than clear the whole map.

Here is link to post I made in reddit about frost wall:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/51k57w/suggestion_frost_wall_and_different_kind_of_nerf/

Keep up the good work! Love the game : )
IGN: MassFacer /// frozDD
Playing almost daily :)
Hello everyone.
I would like to ask you guys and GGG to think about the Frost Wall nerf. It was kinda good to reduce the single target damage potencial of Lighting Arrow, but making it not interacting with impact skills like Arctic Breath is wrong. Lighting Arrow would not proc its damage when hitting a wall, chest or other environment so it should not work with Frost Wall. On the other hand Arctic Breath explodes on impact with environment, so it really should work with Frost Wall. You know, right now I have to kind of run around, lure bosses, try something to taunt them or knock them back at wall. I know it makes more interesting to play, it makes me use more tactic plays and thinking before most fights. But sometimes only Frost Wall would let us expirience the full damage potencial of such great skill like Arctic Breath. What do you think?
I agree with most statements here. Making frost wall have 0 interaction with skills that require a projectile to be destroyed makes frost wall completely useless, nobody uses it to prevent enemies from reaching you, a easier fix would have simply been to make frostwall unable to be pierced by projectiles. This limits its use and prevents alot of excessive damage like orriginally used but allows players like myself and MANY others a means to do damage with skills that are very very weak single target.

This interaction not only affects frost wall users but vaal glacial hammer as it uses frost wall mechanics on the ice. In its current state its more hindering than it is usefull and no bodys going to use it. Please consider redacting this nerf or modify it to allow projectile collision on front facing side of wall.

Your nerfing too many skills with this change
Possible ways to make it a viable gem.

Right now frost wall is worthless and its unfortunate because its the only gem in the game which allows me to fill the screen with ice. As an attack its mediocre and has a charge system which makes it worthless as a main damage attack. As a defensive tool its useless not slowing down dangerous enemies really at all except in a few situations where the terrain allows it. Heres a couple ideas to make it worth a pick up.

One remove the charges on it, have it focus mainly on damage but allow movement through the ability, only reason I can think it got nerfed the way it did in the past was because pvp you could just permanently disable an enemy until they died, this will prevent that.

The second, my favorite one, increase the time it takes for a charge to recover on the spell. And make it a sort of prison spell, not single target though because that would still be worthless, but a fairly sizable aoe that traps all enemies caught inside.
"
Salumba wrote:
Monsters, especially rare ones and giant ones just walk through it as if it wasn't there. Bug or working as intended? I hope it to be a bug, because otherwise Frost Wall makes no sense.

Same concern here. Any ETA on when this will be addressed?
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Why not just make the frost wall unpierceable? Why ruin it for people who didn't abuse the pierce thing?
I'm using Frost Wall with cwdt and I can't decide, does it help me more than screws up my pathing.
Add phase run to your CWDT set-up and that should solve most problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info