Cast when Damage Taken

"
nugstash wrote:
is it me or did immortal call just stop working with it?

Double-posting is Dominus.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
GGG, you are doing it wrong.

Here. Pick one.

Also: Cast on Damage Taken (and Cast When Stunned) would both reserve flat mana. There would be no mana cost multiplier, so activating a level 20 Enduring Cry CWDT (with no supports) would reserve 26 mana (or 16 life with Mortal Conviction); a level 20 Molten Shell would reserve 70 mana (42 life with MC). However, activating all of Cactuar's Ethereal Knives CWSs would reserve roughly 437 mana (491 once he gets his 5L, 656 once he gets his 6L). This is keeping in mind that Cactuar has 8% reduced mana reserved.

Now undo that stupid nerf, implement this, and make everyone happy.

THIS!
It seriously should transform the spell into an aura that then reserves mana. Either have a mana system or don't. And none of this Totem "+5 mana cost for 10,000 mana worth of spells" business if you go with a flat number - five to ten times what the spell costs at the very least.

It's absolutely ridiculous it still spills out a bukkake of everything all at once.
Now that the gem level requirement that can be supported is limited to the level of CwDT, there is no reason to have the less damage modifier — or at least no reason to have it make such a significant impact.

With both a level limit AND less damage modifier, CwDT becomes useless/terribly inefficient for casting damage spells except at the top-most level, because the penalties of level requirement limit and less damage stack with each other.

level requirement 31 gems should not have their damage scaled any more than ones at the top level requirement — the only ting that should change is the damage to trigger them(like is is already, probably just minor changes to the numbers to make the gem progression better or something), and that would be perfectly fair. Any spell that does damage scales with gem requirement, so it should be perfect — the less damage is obsolete and problematic now.

I also agree with CwDT reserving mana like what ScrotieMcB said, although it's perhaps not completely necessary.

Reverse progression of damage to trigger obviously isn't a very good idea though, since it makes the gem impractical to use at lower levels. It obviously wouldn't even work if the "less damage" mechanic was removed — which is definitely should be.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Dec 14, 2013, 6:15:24 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
Now that the gem level requirement that can be supported is limited to the level of CwDT, there is no reason to have the less damage modifier — or at least no reason to have it make such a significant impact.

With both a level limit AND less damage modifier, CwDT becomes useless/terribly inefficient for casting damage spells except at the top-most level, because the penalties of level requirement limit and less damage stack with each other.

Couldn't agree more, and I posted a similar observation in the original GGG post of the change. I hope they are sensible to this opinion
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
i attached my cast when damage taken and linked it to my molten shell on my sword but it's not being activated!

is there anything wrong?
Read Cast when Damage Taken's description again.
Apologies if already posted - I cant read through scores of pages to check :( I did check dev posts and didnt see a mention, so here goes.

CWDT does not seem to trigger all linked gems all the time.

I had CwDT (level 1) linked to Molten Shell, Enduring Cry and Enfeeble ( all 33 or lower).

Most of the time only 2 of the three seemed to get triggered, and the molten shell scorched earth+ audio will happen often, without either the icon or the MS graphic. Sometimes the scorched earth would be 10 feet behind me. First I thought it was because some mob(s) hit through it right after it triggered, but this was too often for that - even when fighting white mobs.

I replaced the MS with Rejuvenation Totem, and noticed the Totem didnt get "cast" everytime CWDT triggered - (I am now levelling the Rejuv Totem past 33 for use elsewhere).

I am not sure if this is an intended mechanic (i-e, 3 castes triggered by CWDT not intended, only max 2 or somesuch), so thought would post here.

I don't even like the "on damage/stun/death" kind of passive triggers. Honestly I feel like Spell Aura would have satisfied this entire design niche:

Spell Aura
Supported spell becomes an aura that casts that spell periodically when an enemy is in range.
Reservation: ~25%
Cast Frequency: 10..3 seconds
Damage: 50..100%

Sometimes less is more. There isn't always exploitable design space.
Last edited by LimitedRooster on Dec 20, 2013, 4:02:17 AM
You have two CoDT gems equipped:

Scenario 1: One CoDT gem is higher level than the other. You take a big shot of damage that surpasses the individual damage thresholds for each gem -- will one gem trigger OR both?

Scenario 2: Both CoDT gems are of identical level, in separate gear pieces and different name skills. Does one CoDT gem proc or both?

Discuss.
Last edited by Biscuit57 on Dec 28, 2013, 8:53:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info