Cast when Damage Taken

"
Xapti wrote:
Now that the gem level requirement that can be supported is limited to the level of CwDT, there is no reason to have the less damage modifier — or at least no reason to have it make such a significant impact.

With both a level limit AND less damage modifier, CwDT becomes useless/terribly inefficient for casting damage spells except at the top-most level, because the penalties of level requirement limit and less damage stack with each other.

Can we get a word from GGG about this issue?
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Dec 28, 2013, 2:11:05 AM
"
Biscuit57 wrote:
You have two CoDT gems equipped:

Scenario 1: One CoDT gem is higher level than the other. You take a big shot of damage that surpasses the individual damage thresholds for each gem -- will one gem trigger OR both?

Scenario 2: Both CoDT gems are of identical level, in separate gear pieces and different name skills. Does one CoDT gem proc or both?

Discuss.

Wanted to bump this. Can't find the answer...and I've been digging.
I could not find the answer to this. Will all the CWDT Gems proc if each is linked with a shock nova, ice nova, and added chaos damage?

I have 3 4-Links with this setup and i cant tell if they all proc or not. I know more then one cwdt can proc at the same level because I was using a CWDT with ice nova and shock nova. While the other one was firestorm and ethereal knives. Both CWDT were the same level and all 4 spells would go off.

IGN Raikker
Well I did some testing of my own. Two of the same spell gems will not work in the same 4-link with a CWDT gem. I used one gem, let it proc to check the damage and then put the other gem in and the monsters life moved the same amount. Not double. I tested this over a dozen times.

Then I used 2 seperate CWDT gems both the same level(16) each with the same spell. Once again only the amount of damage a single spell would do happened to the monsters.

Then I tried 2 seperate CWDT gems, a LvL16 and a LvL14, each with the same spell. This time I didn't even get 2 procs at seperate damage intervals. I only got one proc with the amount of damage one spell would create with CWDT.

So I think the highest amount needed to proc the same named spell in any CWDT gem overrides all the other same named spells.

I put in a different spell in one of my CWDT Gems along with the same two spells i did all these tests with and I did get 2 procs right after each other with the different spells.

I then used 2 same level CWDT Gems in a 4-Link with all different spells attached and all the spells would go off when the damage threshold was met.

TLDR:
So it seems you CAN NOT use two of the same spells with CWDT even in different links but you CAN use as many CWDT gems with different spells as you want (even the same level CWDT gems)
IGN Raikker
and then the cast when stunned could (by chance) cast all skills in the link instead of just one. saving a lot of gem slots depending on build.
Hi,

I'm still new and I dont get why the Cast when dmg taken dont worke for me :-/

Hope you can tell me?

Anyone?

"
Runninglegs wrote:
Hi,

I'm still new and I dont get why the Cast when dmg taken dont worke for me :-/

Hope you can tell me?

Anyone?

Hey there,

Your Decoy Totem currently requires level 43 to equip, and your Cast When Damage Taken Gem only supports gems up to level 31. I'm afraid that you would either need to delevel your Decoy Totem, get a new Decoy Totem gem, or to level up your Cast When Damage Taken gem to require at least level 43.
How does this gem work when linked with multiple gems in same equipment. For example, if I have molten shell and frost nova linked with it, will it cast both
or only one of them?
It will cast both.
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)
Hi.

Hi have a technical question. While it is especially written that cwdt can only support *** skills *** of lvl 31 (on lvl 1), what happen to support gems ?

If, for instance, I have a lvl 1 cwdt linked to a discharge (< lvl 31) and a life leech max level. Will it cast discharge ? Will the discharge leech life ?
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info