Cast when Damage Taken

I am not sure if this is intentional but I just did some testing to confirm that the level restriction of the new CoDT applies only to the proc spell, not the gems supporting the proc spell.

My test was:
Level 1 CoDT
Level 1 fireball
Level 18 fork
Level 18 LMP

the proc'd fireballs would LMP + fork despite their levels being much higher than CoDT

So that's very interesting. Not sure if that's what GGG intended it to be but god I hope they won't nerf it anymore
Is the 250ms cooldown local or global?

With local i mean the supported skill get the cooldown only itself, with global i mean one skill can trigger the cooldown on other skills to.

I think its important to know if 3 skills enhanced with 1 support gem can still fire at the same time or not.

English is my third language, there will be bugs.
They all proc at the same time
Not sure if anyone have posted this in here:
auras have the spell tag but they are not being casted when linked to this support
"
Valriel wrote:
auras have the spell tag but they are not being casted when linked to this support

Umm, I doubt they ever will.

You need to have the mana free to support the cost of the aura running. There is no cast "cost" per se for an aura but there is maintenance.

Try it with glacial armour sometime which has an ongoing mana cost to maintain it. CODT will proc the shield, but it will drain your mana from there.

CODT won't turn off an aura either, nor will it overwrite one aura with another (you have to deactivate one first then wait for mana, then activate the other).
"
Alphapix wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler
GGG, you are doing it wrong.

Here. Pick one.

Also: Cast on Damage Taken (and Cast When Stunned) would both reserve flat mana. There would be no mana cost multiplier, so activating a level 20 Enduring Cry CWDT (with no supports) would reserve 26 mana (or 16 life with Mortal Conviction); a level 20 Molten Shell would reserve 70 mana (42 life with MC). However, activating all of Cactuar's Ethereal Knives CWSs would reserve roughly 437 mana (491 once he gets his 5L, 656 once he gets his 6L). This is keeping in mind that Cactuar has 8% reduced mana reserved.

Now undo that stupid nerf, implement this, and make everyone happy.

No. Cannot invert the gem because it wouldn't make sense to have a level 1 gem be useless for low level players. I like the mana reserved idea somewhat.
That's why I'm leaning towards the option on the far right; only 1000 damage to trigger at level 1. Still quite a bit for level 31, but it's not like it would never happen.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Saviourself wrote:
"
Valriel wrote:

Umm, I doubt they ever will.

You need to have the mana free to support the cost of the aura running. There is no cast "cost" per se for an aura but there is maintenance.

Try it with glacial armour sometime which has an ongoing mana cost to maintain it. CODT will proc the shield, but it will drain your mana from there.

CODT won't turn off an aura either, nor will it overwrite one aura with another (you have to deactivate one first then wait for mana, then activate the other).

no, its not even turning the aura on even with full mana
Auras are toggle cast (on and off) which doesn't work like normal skills. So it won't work with cwdt
Okay, I've never had one pre-patch, but got one today and the description is very confusing. Says 'can support gems lower than lvl 31' so I've spent all my currency orbs to get armor to accomodate for this gem (Wanted to use molten shell + rejuvenation totem + enduring cry or warlord's mark) only to find out that it actually means 'can support gems which require character lvl lower than lvl 31'.
"
DemJs wrote:
Auras are toggle cast (on and off) which doesn't work like normal skills. So it won't work with cwdt

I wonder if it would work with an aura supported by a Spell Totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info