Cast on Melee Kill

IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 12, 2014, 6:09:51 PM
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 12, 2014, 6:09:41 PM
I'm going to make a character that uses ground slam - comk - glascial cascade - conc effect to see if this gem has any chance of being useful. Will give feedback once I find the relevant gems (in new league).

Theorycrafting wise, comparing comk to cocs is a joke. There are very few attack and spell combinations that will benefit from the same supports and you cannot afford to not have both the attack and spell supported. What sucks even harder is that cause of the socket cost you're unlikely to have room for iron will, which is the only way to get good spell damage for most melee characters.
With no iron will keystone as an option this leaves the spells damage reliant on gear (what, am I meant to find a useable hybrid staff? lol) or supports, of which you have 1, maybe 2, but only 3 if you're rich.

COCS not only has the benefit of triggering MUCH more often, but also the benefit of the large majority of crit bonuses being global. You can easily build a hybrid attack and spell user that's crit based, not so for the left side of the tree. You need to either have some weird AOF build, focus on area damage or use up another socket.

I think this gem needs one of two options:

• Change the trigger condition to Cast On Melee Stun or Kill. Endurance charge on stun is great, being able to deal damage by stunning would be even better. Stuns are integral to the left side of the tree and it'd be a good alternative to cocs. With the much higher rate of the skill being triggered you'd get enough damage to make up for some of the above issues.
  • Remove the chance to cast, make it 100%, gem grants % increased damage per level. It would still have some of the problems written above, but it would at least be good at what it does, even if what it does is so hard to build for. Global damage by the way, not just spell or attack damage.

If there is ever to be an iron will keystone added to the tree that would be a great help to this gem too. Until then, I'll be building this character knowing it will probably suck.
Last edited by Wooser69 on Jul 12, 2014, 6:15:55 PM
Yeah I tried making it work now that my character is on standard and can wear some better gear and has a conc effect gem to use. Pretty much it sucked and wasn't enjoyable. It was too unfun for me to want to keep trying. Sorry!
Seems to be working pretty well so far with leap slam and Detonate Dead.
"
3dgrunge wrote:
Seems to be working pretty well so far with leap slam and Detonate Dead.
if only infernal blow had a movement attached to it... because it is already detonate dead + cast on melee kill + melee attack, only stronger but no movement.
changes from Garena:
lvl1

100% chance (the chance part is simply removed)
+20% spell dmg
i would've been happy with 100% chance alone... the +20% (to 40 i'm guessing) is nice and will be well loved, but i foresee it dropping down to a 5% to 30.
Well, glad to see I get what I wanted. This should be interesting!

soo was it supposed to change? coz i was building my char toward the changed one lol
now not really sure what to do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info